ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Who will be the day 3 Spags DB this year?
RunKC 08:55 AM 04-23-2024
Sneed, Williams, Watson, Conner. We’re always picking them and they are always decent players at worst. Who is this years guy?

I’m gonna say Jarrion Jones from FSU.

6 ft, 190 lbs, ran 4.38 with a 1.53 10 split. Very smart man corner who is very aggressive as a run defender and can identify coverages. He played outside and in the slot with a lot of success. He was also used on corner bltizes.

He’s so much like Sneed was as a prospect from experience to size/speed. We met with the kid and I think he’s high on our board.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:15 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I think just about everybody did. The posters who were going by the Mel Kiper and whoever else "best available" lists had him nowhere in their sights. The posters who knew a little or a lot about the players in this draft may have recognized who he was but thought little else of him as merely some future glorified special teams grunt, because that's what a ton of scouting reports said about him.

It's going to be another guy like that. Majority of people won't know who he is, and those that do or those that look up who he is are going to be scratching their heads, and many of them will be unwise and call it a bad pick.

Veach has pulled this midround DB rabbit out of a hat too many times for me to question him ever again. He's probably not going to keep batting 1000, but it's going to take a LOT of misses in the future for our confidence to wane on his selection of defensive backs.
I agree with you on his ability to find them. He's the best I've seen at it.

Thinking about Conner, I think there's more than a good chance he's our starting nickel this year and I would not be at all surprised if Veach looks at S over CB, especially ones that can fill a similar role like Bullard or Bullock. I'd put Mark Perry from TCU as a major sleeper DB this year too.

It's going to be interesting, for sure.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:08 AM 04-25-2024
If he looks at safety....then I wouldn't be mad with an Oladapo pick.
[Reply]
Chargem 09:11 AM 04-25-2024
I thought Andru Phillips might be our 4th round DB, but he might go earlier than that
[Reply]
Chargem 03:29 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I'm guessing one of D. Richardson, K. Hadden, or J. Simpson.
Well done
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:30 PM 04-27-2024
Going out on a limb here: kamal hadden
[Reply]
Dunerdr 04:32 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Going out on a limb here: kamal hadden
Good call!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12