ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 57
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:31 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You absolute asshole.... how the fuck you gonna leave out Natty Light, and Iowa Ditch Weed?? You even in Iowa bruh??
We drink Peace Tree. And we don't call it ditch weed anymore. It's riverbottom lung buster.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:34 AM 09-26-2020
Saw an interesting Lamar stat on a Ravens site.....

He is 19-0 when leading at halftime....0-5 when not.

He's also 0-4 against Mahomes/postseason appearances...

Do you guys remember when Patrick posted that little notepad emoto...when Lamar was ranked higher than him on the top 100? Like he was making a "Jordan-esqe" motivational mental note...

Call me a prophet...but I think he's going to have a good game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:06 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Ravens213:
Pretty damn good but not much different than LJs. Again I’m really not trying to compare the two... just debunking this theory that Lamar is bad playing from behind. To be honest the sample size of him playing from behind is tiny bc we blow just about everyone (besides the chiefs) out so it’s tough to make any kind of assessment.

232/359 63.9%, 3026 yds, 27td 6 ints, 109 rating
Ah, I knew you'd come to it with a little prodding.

Not that I care that much about stats when comparing these two players. But the point is made.

Here's the thing: stats are discrete parts of a whole picture. It's kind of like taking a painting, let's say an impressionistic painting by Monet or somebody, and re-executing it in tiles. Each tile is a part of the whole. So one tile might be "RB1 average yards per carry," or "DE2 sacks per snap," or whatever. They give us a tiny piece of the puzzle, but don't really tell us the whole story. Even if you have all the stats you aren't really going to see the whole picture. It's like saying "well, Kareem Hunt has almost the same yards/carry as Barry Sanders, so they must be the same kind of running back." Anyone who's seen both pay can easily see the difference.

And anyone that's seen both Mahomes and Lamar play, and can understand the difference in what they're seeing knows that the stats of the two don't nearly tell the whole story.

Lamar is a great athlete and an up-and-coming QB. But what he is right now as a QB, how far he's progressed in his craft at the position isn't even close to what Mahomes already is. It's just a fact. Could he get there? Maybe. But the fact is simply that Mahomes is the more complete QB, while Lamar is more potential than reality right now. Lamar might become closer to what Mahomes is today, and he might not. I hope he does, for that matter. But the fact remains that Mahomes is closer to Manning/Brady/Rodgers/Wilson/Montana than he is to Lamar. right now Lamar is closer to Kaepernick/RGIII/Vick/etc.

These are just the facts.

Does that mean that the Ravens are definitely going to lose on Monday? Hell no. Football is the ultimate team sport, and anything can happen in a game. And it's also a fact that the Chiefs defense is hobbled by numerous injuries.

Personally I think there's about a 50% chance that the Chiefs lose this game. Too many important pieces of our defense are missing for this game.

But I've learned not to bet against Patrick Mahomes II. As Jim Rome has said since 2018, "Patrick Mahomes is the ultimate eraser."

And Lamar is just not. Not yet anyway. Maybe someday.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 04:05 AM 09-26-2020
Needing to run up the score. Is not a complementary tell
[Reply]
TEX 06:56 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
I just have a good feeling about this one.

With the Chargers game, I had a feeling it’d be a shitfest. Chargers have a formula to slow us down. Ravens’ defense is still good because it’s a John Harbaugh team but this is a far cry from the defense that came in here in 2018 and brought Pat to the brink. And our run D is definitely stronger than it was the last time we played them.

I have a feeling this is like the Texans game where it never feels in doubt but the score ends up flattering the Ravens.
I think the Chiefs win if they can weather the storm early and not fall too far behind. Jackson struggles when playing from behind and is nearly unbeatable when playing with a lead. I like our chances if we make them play catch up, like we have the last two meetings.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:56 AM 09-26-2020
Few notes from rewatching the 2019 week 3 match up:

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:15 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Few notes from rewatching the 2019 week 3 match up:
  • The Chiefs had Cam "The Human Turnstile" Irving starting at LT, and Wylie started at LG.
  • Tyreek didn't play, still out from his week 1 shoulder injury
  • The Chiefs had X. Williams taking meaningful snaps on D, and he was garbage
  • Lee got snaps at linebacker, this was before he was relegated to special teams, by being garbage
  • The Chiefs missed 21 tackles while still winning
  • The Ravens were relentless in going for it on 4th down, even well in their own half
  • The Chiefs had Jones on the line in a lot of these 4th and shorts - I would have thought Spags will go with Pennel and Nnadi much more on Monday?
All good points.

I think they like Jones in those “gotta have it” short yardage situations because he penetrates so easily. It could backfire, but it’s even more likely to wreck the play and let someone else clean it up because everyone is expecting the run in that situation.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:18 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Unfortunately, this. This will be our first loss. We will meet again in the playoffs but the OLINE can't protect Mahomes - their defense is lethal. LJ can run and break ankles. IF we win this I will believe but this team is our achilles.
We lose this one and I will be so GLAD to EAT CROW if I am wrong. Keeping the band together and a disappearing of the D is actually heart breaking at this point of the season.
Our offense didn't look good against the Chargers last year.

Really think people are making too big of a deal about last week.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:26 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
All good points.

I think they like Jones in those “gotta have it” short yardage situations because he penetrates so easily. It could backfire, but it’s even more likely to wreck the play and let someone else clean it up because everyone is expecting the run in that situation.
It could just be they didn't have anyone else they trusted at DT at that point in the season, Saunders wasn't pressed into action until the Texans game and Pennel wasn't on the roster yet.

I posted the other points before the game was finished, the general overall picture I took from the 2019 game is that even with the weakened Oline, Patrick had plenty of time to throw and he really dissected the Ravens secondary.

On defense, the Chiefs didn't look great but the scheme and secondary held up well, they really confused Jackson and he struggled for completions for much of the game.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:53 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
It could just be they didn't have anyone else they trusted at DT at that point in the season, Saunders wasn't pressed into action until the Texans game and Pennel wasn't on the roster yet.

I posted the other points before the game was finished, the general overall picture I took from the 2019 game is that even with the weakened Oline, Patrick had plenty of time to throw and he really dissected the Ravens secondary.

On defense, the Chiefs didn't look great but the scheme and secondary held up well, they really confused Jackson and he struggled for completions for much of the game.
That’s another thing that I like for us in the Jackson/Baltimore matchup — Spags does a nice job of making things tough on QBs to read when he wants to. Maybe LJ takes steps forward in that department though, idk.

I think the team that gets ahead early is going to have a great, great chance to win.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:55 AM 09-26-2020
It showed last year in a big way, but I think Mathieu in a role where he patrols the MOF and gets to use his instincts is what you do against Baltimore.

Lamar loves to throw it between the hashes, and that’s where HB can hopefully steal one at some point. He got very close a few times in 2019.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 08:28 AM 09-26-2020
I will take great delight in seeing the Chiefs hit the Ravens with the Jaguars stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:35 AM 09-26-2020
PFF on the game.

[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:51 AM 09-26-2020
PFF lulz
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:55 AM 09-26-2020
I'm tempted to start the Chiefs defense in fantasy for this one.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 57
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up