ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 30
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Four major art projects for new KCI terminal revealed
neech 10:50 PM 04-09-2021
The first of four major art projects for the new single terminal airport at KCI have been revealed.

More than 1,000 artists from around the world submitted inquiries after Kansas City announced an international search for artists.
The city said the four works of art were chosen because they either reflected the wonder of travel or Kansas City history.

The budget for artwork at KCI’s new terminal is $5.65 million. Kansas City’s single-terminal airport is expected to open on budget and on time in early 2023.

“The fact that we’ve been through a pandemic over the last year and yet this project remains on time, on schedule, and on budget is a testament to the good work of the team,” said Justin Meyer with the KC Aviation Department.

You can see the renderings of the art projects in the gallery below.

Entitled "Molten Swing"

Entitled "The Air up There"

Entitled "Ornithology"

Entitled "Fountain of Resonance"

"Molten Swing" looks kind of like a mosaic dog or cat to me, it might look cool though but not sure what to make of it at this point.

"The Air up There" simply looks like some lights on the ceiling, again it might look better when you're actually there I hope.

"Ornithology" reminds me of those attacking creatures in the Pitch Black movie. You just knew one of the artwork they chose would have a WTF moment and this is it.

"Fountain of Resonance" I approve of this one.
:-)

Thoughts?

https://fox4kc.com/news/art-projects...inal-revealed/
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:12 AM 03-08-2023
There was a cell lot at the old airport too so its not like its some new ask of people
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:23 AM 03-08-2023
People will adjust. It will be fine. Aunt Judy won’t have to walk king to get to her flight. It really was designed quite well.
[Reply]
srvy 08:24 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Sorry we upgraded your shitbox. Can’t wait for the demolition of the old one. You’re welcome.
I doubt your fat ass ever gets out to negotiate any line other than the drive through at McDonalds.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:25 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
I doubt your fat ass ever gets out to negotiate any line other than the drive through at McDonalds.
Sorry this has made you so upset and emotional. I believe you’re going to survive this. I believe in you. :-)
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:29 AM 03-08-2023
I feel like people are under appreciating how much easier it will be to fly in and out to see Sporting Kansas City away games. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:32 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
There was a cell lot at the old airport too so its not like its some new ask of people
But hillbillies... :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:33 AM 03-08-2023
Sorry this has made you so upset and emotional. I believe you’re going to survive this. I believe in you. :-)
^^ One of us KC area "hillbilly" people.
[Reply]
srvy 08:35 AM 03-08-2023
Spoken like a fat old over emotional woman. Fox4KC a few weeks back went into the downtown police 911 dispatch and paned the room. Nothing but obese women with 40+ ounce mugs probably full of soda pop at their work station. Which obese woman were you?
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:38 AM 03-08-2023
Spoken like a fat old over emotional woman. Fox4KC a few weeks back went into the downtown police 911 dispatch and paned the room. Nothing but obese women with 40+ ounce mugs probably full of soda pop at their work station. Which obese woman were you?
Keep posting through it man. You’re going to get on the other end of this I promise. And when you do a cell phone lot will be right there waiting for you at our new airport.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:39 AM 03-08-2023
I wonder if Zach and stevie ever get together to strategize about creating drama and conflict around here, but then also play it off like they're enemies to just create more conflict and drama.

One calls CP racist... the other calls KC hillbillies. Two peas from the same pod, really.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:40 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I wonder if Zach and stevie ever get together to strategize about creating drama and conflict around here, but then also play it off like they're enemies to just create more conflict and drama.

One calls CP racist... the other calls KC hillbillies. Two peas from the same pod, really.
It’s so easy to drive people here insane. I don’t understand stand why they allow my heel turn to thrive so effortlessly.

Though clinging to the old airport is some funny backwater “I live in Oak Grove but have a lot of opinions of how Kansas City should be run” energy.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:43 AM 03-08-2023
My olive branch to srvy….next time you go to the airport I’ll drive you! :-)
[Reply]
srvy 08:44 AM 03-08-2023
It’s so easy to drive people here insane. I don’t understand stand why they allow my heel turn to thrive so effortlessly.

Though clinging to the old airport is some funny backwater “I live in Oak Grove but have a lot of opinions of how Kansas City should be run” energy.
You're not driving anyone insane. We enjoy mocking and laughing at you angry fat person.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:46 AM 03-08-2023
You're not driving anyone insane. We enjoy mocking and laughing at you angry fat person.
What did you do to my amazing airport! I am laughing about it really. - srvy right now

[Reply]
stevieray 08:54 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

One calls CP racist...
Incorrect.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 30
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up