ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 635 of 1210
« First < 135535585625631632633634635 6366376386396456857351135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:56 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Yeah that's what I used not navy beans.
I wasn't going to correct you because these days ham and beads are like mac and cheese, there's no rules.
[Reply]
threebag 04:01 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I wasn't going to correct you because these days ham and beads are like mac and cheese, there's no rules.
Yeah I sometimes use pintos even
[Reply]
Pablo 04:10 PM 09-28-2017
I buy the 15 bean mix when I make ham and beans, doesn't really matter, they'll all taste good.
[Reply]
threebag 04:24 PM 09-28-2017
Yeah they do.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:27 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I buy the 15 bean mix when I make ham and beans, doesn't really matter, they'll all taste good.
Certainly not traditional ham and beans, but I get the mixed bag of beans and use this stuff with any type of pork product on hand really. Ham, leftover pulled pork, bacon...diced jalapeno or pablano.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:30 PM 09-28-2017
I smoked 2 slabs of ALDI $1.99 St Louie style ribs followed by a long slow 150 degree smoke of Chocolate Ghost Peppers. These then went into the oven with the light on for 5 days and are soon to be ground and mixed with other peppers and seasoning.

Emergency room Hot!

I got the ribs cheap and bought on a sale as a weekly protein special at Aldi . They were fresh, not frozen, not enhanced or pumped and were really lean compared to what I was used to getting from Kroger and Wally's. I have 4 more slabs in the freezer. I am not an Aldi kind of shopper but I'll try their meat again.
Hey-Suss Kristo man! For what?
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:43 AM 09-29-2017
I must say I had never heard of a brisket roll but after watching this I am an expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMVtBL9mydI

Where are the after pics and pics of smoker?
my smoker is a cheap offset with a couple mods to help the cook, not me, the meats. :-)

i didn't take any pics of this one, and i actually didn't roll it like i planned.

i did though take a sample to my boss who is a chef by trade and he loved it, so it couldn't have been too bad (no one here does low and slow cooking, so it's an extremely new flavor for them).

toying with converting our now broken fridge to a smoker though. i lose so much heat on the cheap thin metal smoker.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:19 AM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Ivar's has good chowder in Seattle.

hot ocean milk with dead animal croutons. /The Good Place
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:06 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Certainly not traditional ham and beans, but I get the mixed bag of beans and use this stuff with any type of pork product on hand really. Ham, leftover pulled pork, bacon...diced jalapeno or pablano.

I will try again, most of this companies stuff is good but salt is major ingredient. in this it's dried veggies then salt....
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:21 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
my smoker is a cheap offset with a couple mods to help the cook, not me, the meats. :-)

i didn't take any pics of this one, and i actually didn't roll it like i planned.

i did though take a sample to my boss who is a chef by trade and he loved it, so it couldn't have been too bad (no one here does low and slow cooking, so it's an extremely new flavor for them).

toying with converting our now broken fridge to a smoker though. i lose so much heat on the cheap thin metal smoker.
I had an New Braunfels I got at Sam's 20 years ago for Christmas and after the firebox rusted out I bought a firebox for $30 from Kroger when In Ohio for Mid Ohio Le-mans. I then made a heat defuser and smoker bottom grates that converted it into a reverse offset that took a lot of fuel but worked great. Did my best smokes on it. Heated by charcoal and locust and almost always apple and cherry for smoke.

As far as holding heat better...Don't laugh too fast.

[Reply]
Nickhead 03:07 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
hot ocean milk with dead animal croutons. /The Good Place
:-) (watching ep 2 season 2 now)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:13 PM 09-29-2017
I had an New Braunfels I got at Sam's 20 years ago for Christmas and after the firebox rusted out I bought a firebox for $30 from Kroger when In Ohio for Mid Ohio Le-mans. I then made a heat defuser and smoker bottom grates that converted it into a reverse offset that took a lot of fuel but worked great. Did my best smokes on it. Heated by charcoal and locust and almost always apple and cherry for smoke.

I'd never laugh, these are the sort of experiments that lead to putting men on the moon!
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:30 PM 09-29-2017

took me a minute, is this you? http://www.thesmokerking.com/smokerm...l#.Wc7Im1uCzDc

or are you using images already provide online by others :-)

regardless, i avoid making my cheap smoker, into an expensive cheap smoker :-)

this is the smoker i bought:

[Reply]
SAUTO 05:18 PM 09-29-2017
:-) using other people's pictures as your own? I had you pegged cooper.
[Reply]
scho63 05:20 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Teriyaki Chicken and rice

Ahi tuna

Universal City Hilton

California
I stayed there in 1995 or 1996 and ran into a shitload of celebrities during my stay;
-Carol Alt Supermodel
-Lorenzo Lamas Actor of Renegade and Falcon Crest
-Jason Hervey Actor of the Wonder Years
-Captain Kangaroo Bob Keesham who I bought a Stoli on the rocks for at the lobby bar!
[Reply]
Page 635 of 1210
« First < 135535585625631632633634635 6366376386396456857351135 > Last »
Up