ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Brendan Daly (former DL coach for NE)
pugsnotdrugs19 12:25 PM 02-09-2019
https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/...888424454?s=21 (Sorry, can’t embed right now)

Originally Posted by :
BREAKING: #Patriots defensive line coach Brendan Daly is leaving for a spot on the Kansas City Chiefs' staff, per league source. - Jim McBride
Another fantastic hire and theft by Spagnuolo and Reid. I’ve watched this guy in interviews several times before, always thoroughly impressed.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:46 PM 02-09-2019
I wonder if Bill allows Schiano to bring in a coach or two. Schiano is a solid DC, but I “hope” there is some personality tension/friction that builds in Foxboro....
Schiano can be a loose cannon.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:58 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Andy Reid is hell bent on getting that ring IMO. He’s trying to build a monster team, not just offense.
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
It appears Clark Hunt may be throwing a lot of coaching dollars around...
Andy AND Clark are hell-bent. I was hoping, praying, that the AFCCG loss would not go unanswered like so many big losses of the past. I was betting the farm that this would be the event that turned Clark's balls to steel, and made Andy realize that he now has the potential to run the table for a decade or more if he would just address his weaknesses and stop playing softball with personnel and players that aren't there to serve his vision.

This is a great time for this franchise. We're building a war chest for the future and we're building it on ROCK, not sand. I don't know about you, but I can't WAIT for March 13th, 4:00pm.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:04 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Andy AND Clark are hell-bent. I was hoping, praying, that the AFCCG loss would not go unanswered like so many big losses of the past. I was betting the farm that this would be the event that turned Clark's balls to steel, and made Andy realize that he now has the potential to run the table for a decade or more if he would just address his weaknesses and stop playing softball with personnel and players that aren't there to serve his vision.

This is a great time for this franchise. We're building a war chest for the future and we're building it on ROCK, not sand. I don't know about you, but I can't WAIT for March 13th, 4:00pm.
I will only truly be impressed if they get these players to play at a average defensive level... Whether it includes the existing players, rookies, or free agents...
[Reply]
O.city 01:09 PM 02-09-2019
Damn this is a nice hire
[Reply]
In58men 01:10 PM 02-09-2019
No more mediocre bullshit. FINALLY!!!!!
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:12 PM 02-09-2019
Anyone else's first thought? - "Hope he's not for inside INTEL" (joking, but I first thought that)

damned Cheatriots.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:15 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I will only truly be impressed if they get these players to play at a average defensive level... Whether it includes the existing players, rookies, or free agents...
That's just it; I expect to see a lot of movement coming out of the FO this spring now. There's a massive culture shift coming on that side of the ball, and I'm not so sure that majority of current personnel will be able to handle it or be a part of it.

One thing's for sure; the debate about talent vs. coaching is going to be answered in 2019 if they DO end up keeping a lot of current players. But I don't think they will.

As to your point, I fully expect this defense to be ranked overall in the mid to high teens best case scenario and low 20's worst case scenario going in to the playoffs, and that will be enough to beat Brady or anyone else.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:17 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
No more mediocre bullshit. FINALLY!!!!!
It's a glorious day, LONG overdue my friend. If I drank, I'd be getting PLOWED right now.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:18 PM 02-09-2019
Do you think Spags is making these moves by himself or is Reid approving of these. I’m almost tempted to say Reid told Spags that the defense is all yours. You make hires and fires. You talk to the Defense like any coach would. If Reid just focuses on offense and Spags focused on defense this would be the best case scenario
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:21 PM 02-09-2019
I apologize if this has been talked about - but does Spags have any history with House or Daly?
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:23 PM 02-09-2019
You know what? Fuck it. We don’t need free agents. This is a really fucking good coaching staff.

I certainly won’t be upset if we bring in a Landon Collins or whomever, but I think if we make smart moves and draft well, we can also save cap dollars towards those big upcoming extensions and still field a credible defense.

Guys like Daly and House are going to do wonders for the players who are already here
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:24 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Do you think Spags is making these moves by himself or is Reid approving of these. I’m almost tempted to say Reid told Spags that the defense is all yours. You make hires and fires. You talk to the Defense like any coach would. If Reid just focuses on offense and Spags focused on defense this would be the best case scenario
I think it's a collaboration at this point. I think they are both pulling every card in their deck to make this happen, to gear-up for SB run and beyond, with Clark helping in any way Reid and Spags deem useful. These hires don't just scream "win now", there's a long term vision here as well. It's almost as if Clark and Reid know they have the potential to launch a dynasty if everyone drops the horse shit and goes all-in.
[Reply]
O.city 01:26 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You know what? **** it. We don’t need free agents. This is a really ****ing good coaching staff.

I certainly won’t be upset if we bring in a Landon Collins or whomever, but I think if we make smart moves and draft well, we can also save cap dollars towards those big upcoming extensions and still field a credible defense.

Guys like Daly and House are going to do wonders for the players who are already here
I think they’ll sign 1 big free agent but after that just some scraps and the draft
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:26 PM 02-09-2019
You know what? **** it. We don’t need free agents. This is a really ****ing good coaching staff.

Also I don't think I want the inconsistency of Anthony Barr
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:27 PM 02-09-2019
You know what? Fuck it. We don’t need free agents. This is a really fucking good coaching staff.

Certainly. Absolutely. But much more than a scheme-change, I believe the vision is changing as well, and there are going to be guys here who simply don't fit and will be shipped out. Small names AND large.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up