ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 40
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 02-08-2019

Source: the Chiefs are expected to hire University of Kentucky defensive coordinator Matt House as their linebackers coach.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 8, 2019

Holy shit. I actually thought we should just straight up hire this guy as DC. He was on my list of top 3 candidates. We got him as LB coach?

Fucking homerun hire if it comes to pass
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:41 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Have you looked at his resume? What and who he worked with? Every stop players got way way better. Former players love him. He will be a fantastic DC in the NFL and a head coach.
I know. Clearly we have big plans for him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:41 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
You mean Daly?
Of course. Brain fart.... happens a lot when you get old....:-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:47 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I have wood.

Whether or not we accomplish it, I respect this immensely if it is true. I'm sick and tired of "nice Chiefs", and I hope Clark is too.
SHOW NO MERCY!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:47 AM 02-12-2019

I tend to think we’re already beginning to see the Mahomes effect on defensive side of the football. #Chiefs are a Super Bowl contender and (arguably) got two NFL DC candidates—Brendan Daly and Matt House—as position coaches. KC is a destination. Free agency shaping up to be fun.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) February 12, 2019

The Mahomes Effect!!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:47 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I know. Clearly we have big plans for him.
Everyone, at least on here, agree that if we can just get the defense up to the middle of the pack, we are going to win the Super Bowl. Getting the defensive coaching talent we already have in place now, adding better players through the draft and FA this off season should get us there. :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:48 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
SHOW NO MERCY!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
After Clark watched the Hunt trophy go to the Pats in Arrowhead. I believe Clark said enough is enough. I’m going balls deep and owning the league for the next 20 years!!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:50 AM 02-12-2019
So this was all about the Chiefs not wanting to pay his 150k buyout, at least according to some UK folks. :-) Gotta save for that 200m Mahomes contract, I guess.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:50 AM 02-12-2019
Mentioned this in the Spags thread that coaching is so crucial. Man oh man am I jacked! This is a great hire and I’m loving the defensive staff overall.

The Chiefs don’t need to splurge on big names for talent anymore. You can let Houston walk and sign guys who fit this defense and are coachable.

Just like the Patriots have done with Belichick.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 08:51 AM 02-12-2019
The Chiefs are a destination....wow. It's just so hard to grasp.

NOW FETCH ME EARL THOMAS!

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:52 AM 02-12-2019
If House can turn Hitchens and Ragland into actual linebackers then we already just got two huge FA additions!
[Reply]
O.city 08:52 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mentioned this in the Spags thread that coaching is so crucial. Man oh man am I jacked! This is a great hire and I’m loving the defensive staff overall.

The Chiefs don’t need to splurge on big names for talent anymore. You can let Houston walk and sign guys who fit this defense and are coachable.

Just like the Patriots have done with Belichick.
I'm guessing they'll end up keeping him and re structuring the deal a little.

If they think they're close, they may want to keep everyone on board they can.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:52 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

The Mahomes Effect!!
Fuck that feels good. :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:53 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
The Chiefs are a destination....wow. It's just so hard to grasp.

NOW FETCH ME EARL THOMAS!

I prefer Landon Collins. Younger and isnt coming off of injury
[Reply]
bowener 08:53 AM 02-12-2019
Fuck yes they got it done.

Here is my prediction if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl next season:

Spags moves on to be HC of the Jags or Buffalo Bills.

House promoted to DC for the next 4 seasons, gaining Asst. Head Coach moniker after in year two of DC job.

Bienemy will move on to coach the Carolina Panthers. Chiefs will promote from within for every OC change.

Andy retires in 5 seasons and has won 3 rings.

House promoted to HC. Defensive minded coach paired with the ultimate offensive weapon will be great. Mahomes will be at peak Manning ability here and able to call his own plays during the game.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:54 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
**** yes they got it done.

Here is my prediction if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl next season:

Spags moves on to be HC of the Jags or Buffalo Bills.

House promoted to DC for the next 4 seasons, gaining Asst. Head Coach moniker after in year two of DC job.

Bienemy will move on to coach the Carolina Panthers. Chiefs will promote from within for every OC change.

Andy retires in 5 seasons and has won 3 rings.

House promoted to HC. Defensive minded coach paired with the ultimate offensive weapon will be great. Mahomes will be at peak Manning ability here and able to call his own plays during the game.
Nah. Wishful thinking but Kafka is the head coach in waiting
[Reply]
Page 23 of 40
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up