ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 40
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 02-08-2019

Source: the Chiefs are expected to hire University of Kentucky defensive coordinator Matt House as their linebackers coach.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 8, 2019

Holy shit. I actually thought we should just straight up hire this guy as DC. He was on my list of top 3 candidates. We got him as LB coach?

Fucking homerun hire if it comes to pass
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:37 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
not going get upset over a fucking LB coach.
The LB coaching job was just to get him in the door and get him experience in the NFL with one of the best coaching staffs in the league. This guy has the potential to be a really good coordinator and would be an obvious next man up if and when Spags decides to move on.

And that's why we're going to buttfuck Kentucky dry and teach their little football program what time it is.

EDIT: He's been in the NFL with Spags at STL, but not as a Chief. And that's really all that matters.
[Reply]
scho63 10:02 AM 02-10-2019
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...efs-after-all/

Posted by Charean Williams on February 9, 2019, 10:46 PM EST

Getty Images
Matt House was supposed to be the next linebackers coach for the Chiefs. He won’t be.

The University of Kentucky confirmed Saturday that House will remain defensive coordinator at the school. The Wildcats had the nation’s sixth best scoring defense last season, and Josh Allen is projected as a high first-round choice in the 2019 draft.

Terez Paylor of Yahoo Sports reports that Kentucky had a change of heart after agreeing to a negotiated buyout and decided not to let House of his contract. Paylor added that House wanted to join the Chiefs.

House was on the Rams’ staff all three seasons that new Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo was the head coach in St. Louis.

The Chiefs will renew the search for a replacement for outside linebackers coach Mike Smith, who left to join the Packers in January. Inside linebackers coach Mark Deleone also departed, joining the Bears in the same capacity.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:06 AM 02-10-2019
Fuck Kentucky, that is some bullshit if true.
[Reply]
PHOG 10:09 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Clark Hunt, pay this shit off, and get this D rolling!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02-10-2019, 10:28 AM
This message has been deleted by Chiefshrink.
Chiefshrink 10:32 AM 02-10-2019
If this is true, House played us to get a better deal.:-)

"Let your yes be yes and your no be no.":-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:34 AM 02-10-2019
So House was the DC of the 6th scoring defense in the nation. That means there were 5 others with better defenses. Go get them Clark. Get them all.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:41 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
So House was the DC of the 6th scoring defense in the nation. That means there were 5 others with better defenses. Go get them Clark. Get them all.
Well in the SEC where they don't know how to score
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:04 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I would lean more towards the first as this whole story and progression just doesn’t make sense.

Chiefs came in and offered a job. He was interested. Kentucky came back and said ‘what if we give you a nice fat raise?’ Talked it over with his family. Maybe they like it there and decided they wanna stay there for now? It’s not like he’s not gonna get another NFL opportunity again. Maybe he waits for a DC position to be offered with an NFL team. He seems to want to go back to the NFL. :-)
So he’d rather stay in KY and never coach for a championship, vs come to KC and coach for a SB contender?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:04 AM 02-10-2019
Not once did I ever think the most dramatic moment of our offseason might be who ends up our LB coach.
[Reply]
In58men 11:06 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Not once did I ever think the most dramatic moment of our offseason might be who ends up our LB coach.
We wanna kill every fucking team we play!!!!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:13 AM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Everything counts in large amounts.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:08 PM 02-10-2019

I think people are making some assumptions here. House is making 650k a year at UK. They buyout could reach up to $300k worst case scenario . I just think that is overpriced for a position coach. If I’m the one spending the $$$. https://t.co/ehp98TvlIz

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) February 10, 2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:26 PM 02-10-2019
Worst case scenario we let his contract with the University of Kuntkunty run out and take him in at that time.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:51 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I gotta agree with this. I don't know what LB coaches receive in the NFL, But what he's making a a DC plus the buyout seems kinda high to match.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:59 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I gotta agree with this. I don't know what LB coaches receive in the NFL, But what he's making a a DC plus the buyout seems kinda high to match.
What price is too high to pay for a potential Super Bowl?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 40
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up