ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Selling a house
Bugeater 01:28 AM 02-07-2019
Is fucking maddening. It's nothing but a goddamn string of useless fucking people with their hands out wanting money.

Seller's agent: Try to get you to underprice your home for a quick, easy sale. Not good at keeping you informed.

Buyers agent: Sit around and wait for a buyer to find something they like online, and go unlock a fucking door for them.

Home inspectors: Biggest fucking sham ever. OH WE PROTECT THE BUYER. Yeah just the dumbass lazy buyers who aren't capable of walking around a house and spotting obvious defects on their own. Mostly a way to extort more money from the seller after a deal has been made.

And the closing costs...title fee escrow fee tax stamp blah blah blah what in the earthly fuck is all this shit?

$205,000 house....$25,000 just GONE off the top.

Hopefully I'll die in the next house we buy so I don't ever have to go through this shit again.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:08 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I was mostly just venting, but yeah that's pretty awesome.
Eh, going from not having a mortgage to having one isn't awesome. But hopefully not being stuck in Pigsknuckle anymore will be awesome.
[Reply]
2112 12:18 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Eh, going from not having a mortgage to having one isn't awesome. But hopefully not being stuck in Pigsknuckle anymore will be awesome.
I liked pigsknuckle, although I don’t live there. Never any traffic and everybody is nice. And you’re close to livesteam and his lemon Budweiser beer (blech)
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:18 PM 02-07-2019
And make sure you have 20% to put down when you buy, because after the bank tells you they'll give you far more than you want or can actually afford on a house, they need to cover their own ass with PMI.
What does Patrick Mahomes' dad have to do with this?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:44 PM 02-07-2019
We bought our house back in 2012 really before we were expecting right before we got married. We were looking at apartments and quickly realized nice ones we liked were way too expensive to just be flushing money down the toilet. And at that time the market was very favorable to buyers. The house we bought in a great neighborhood was on the market for three months. It had its price lowered at least two times by the time we saw it. And there were plenty of houses around back then with similar scenarios. We knew would we end up overextending ourselves a bit to get the house since we didn’t have a 20% down payment but it has definitely been worth it and we knew it’s value would rise eventually, though how quickly has been surprising.

Our next door neighbors (twice now) had a similar experience others have described when they moved in a two years ago. They had to offer over asking on the first day. The people who bought it before them like four years back did the same but still managed to make money when they sold it to our current neighbors. It was like four years ago the house sold for 60k more than we paid and our current neighbors paid 100k more than us. And the houses are basically the same. It’s just crazy how fast the prices have risen.

So we had to pay PMI for a while and high interest but after we were ready to refinance we now pay only $100 more per month, got rid of PMI and pay more to principal than interest each month now with the 18 year standard loan we got on. So for us buying the house was pretty fun and exciting and relatively easy. It just sounds exhausting to try to but right now though.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:51 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
I liked pigsknuckle, although I don’t live there. Never any traffic and everybody is nice. And you’re close to livesteam and his lemon Budweiser beer (blech)
Lol...never any traffic. Maybe not what you're used to, but it's getting worse every year. I attribute a lot of it to people being more concerned with their phones than with driving. Seems like more and more assholes appear as time goes on as well. Me getting old and cranky myself doesn't help either.

It's not like it's terrible, housing is cheap, but the taxes are oppressive. And the summers are miserable. And I've already ridden every bike trail within a 200 mile radius. It was ok for the first 50 years but I'm kinda running out of reasons to stay here.
[Reply]
seclark 01:03 PM 02-07-2019
Lol...never any traffic. Maybe not what you're used to, but it's getting worse every year. I attribute a lot of it to people being more concerned with their phones than with driving. Seems like more and more assholes appear as time goes on as well. Me getting old and cranky myself doesn't help either.

It's not like it's terrible, housing is cheap, but the taxes are oppressive. And the summers are miserable. And I've already ridden every bike trail within a 200 mile radius. It was ok for the first 50 years but I'm kinda running out of reasons to stay here.
Sounds like you ain’t interested in mowing my yard any more.
Sec
[Reply]
LiveSteam 01:15 PM 02-07-2019
Shit, forgot to rant about the ridiculous disclosure.

How many ceiling fans are in the house? Seriously? I have to answer that? We're to the point where we can't even expect a buyer to walk through a house and count the number of fucking ceiling fans on their own?
Did you disclose Harold the spirit of a off the rails handyman?
How about..
At anytime.. The lights in the garage ,that are mounted to the celling. May for no scientific reason at all. Coming crashing down..
[Reply]
MIAdragon 01:22 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I seriously don't know how those "house hunters' shows are so popular. I mean, are there people out there who actually enjoy buying a house and moving?

It was fun for us for about the 1st two weeks in April. By September, we were so sick of looking at houses (online and in person) that it was hard to even look at a house objectively. was I wanting to offer on a particular house because I wanted it. Or, offering on it because I wanted the nightmare to end? lol.

it all worked out in the end. I really like the house we're in . But holy shit......
it was a horrible experience. Just......horrible.
It’s fun when it’s a second/third home and you have an abundance of money. And the terrible part is later on the the actual buying process.
[Reply]
2112 01:24 PM 02-07-2019

Lol you sound miserable. I hope everything works out quickly and you can enjoy some new trails. The traffic thing..lol my first time landing in pigsknuckle international airport I walk outside the terminal and the place is deserted at like 5pm. A tumbleweed rolled by before you picked me up. That airport is awesome! Not like the shitholes we have here.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:33 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I seriously don't know how those "house hunters' shows are so popular. I mean, are there people out there who actually enjoy buying a house and moving?

It was fun for us for about the 1st two weeks in April. By September, we were so sick of looking at houses (online and in person) that it was hard to even look at a house objectively. was I wanting to offer on a particular house because I wanted it. Or, offering on it because I wanted the nightmare to end? lol.

it all worked out in the end. I really like the house we're in . But holy shit......
it was a horrible experience. Just......horrible.
Sometimes if I'm bored, I go out to Realtor.com and pick a random city and look at houses for sale. It's fun.
[Reply]
Sorce 02:38 PM 02-07-2019
And make sure you have 20% to put down when you buy, because after the bank tells you they'll give you far more than you want or can actually afford on a house, they need to cover their own ass with PMI.
That's if you have the 5% to apply for conventional, if you have to go FHA that doesn't ever go away. I'm currently paying PMI until I get my other house on the market and sell it. Then I can recast the loan and it will drop off. I don't like paying it for a couple months, can't imagine paying it for years.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:47 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by seclark:
Sounds like you ain’t interested in mowing my yard any more.
Sec
Sure, anytime you need it give me a holler and I'll be there in ahhh...ehh...14hrs?

Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Did you disclose Harold the spirit of a off the rails handyman?
How about..
At anytime.. The lights in the garage ,that are mounted to the celling. May for no scientific reason at all. Coming crashing down..
Nope, did not have to disclose that! Surprisingly, nothing has happened ever since our crazy ghost hunter friend and her tribe were over here. Not a peep. They may actually know what they're doing...

Originally Posted by D2112:
Lol you sound miserable. I hope everything works out quickly and you can enjoy some new trails. The traffic thing..lol my first time landing in pigsknuckle international airport I walk outside the terminal and the place is deserted at like 5pm. A tumbleweed rolled by before you picked me up. That airport is awesome! Not like the shitholes we have here.
That's funny. Everything you say about Pigsknuckle is how I view Cheyenne. Guess it's all perspective.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:49 PM 02-07-2019

That's funny. Everything you say about Pigsknuckle is how I view Cheyenne. Guess it's all perspective.
FWIW, this is how I remember being up there.

Originally Posted by Fish:
Wyoming I80:

[Reply]
Bugeater 02:50 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Sometimes if I'm bored, I go out to Realtor.com and pick a random city and look at houses for sale. It's fun.
Did you ever run across mine? If so, did you like what I did to the place?
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:54 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
FWIW, this is how I remember being up there.
Yeah, that's I-80 between Cheyenne and Laramie. I believe you're making the climb up into the Rockies through there and it can get really hairy at times in the winter.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up