ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Selling a house
Bugeater 01:28 AM 02-07-2019
Is fucking maddening. It's nothing but a goddamn string of useless fucking people with their hands out wanting money.

Seller's agent: Try to get you to underprice your home for a quick, easy sale. Not good at keeping you informed.

Buyers agent: Sit around and wait for a buyer to find something they like online, and go unlock a fucking door for them.

Home inspectors: Biggest fucking sham ever. OH WE PROTECT THE BUYER. Yeah just the dumbass lazy buyers who aren't capable of walking around a house and spotting obvious defects on their own. Mostly a way to extort more money from the seller after a deal has been made.

And the closing costs...title fee escrow fee tax stamp blah blah blah what in the earthly fuck is all this shit?

$205,000 house....$25,000 just GONE off the top.

Hopefully I'll die in the next house we buy so I don't ever have to go through this shit again.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:28 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by seclark:
how many ceiling fans are in the house?
sec
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Renegade 08:35 AM 02-07-2019
Last year I

1. Sold a house, paid all the fees
2. Bought Land, more closing costs, survey costs, appraisals
3. Financed a construction loan, more fees plus the monthly interest payment (not applied to principal at all)

This year

1. I close on the new house. More closing fees, appraisal costs and surveys

I am glad this is my last house. I could have taken 2 really nice trips in fees and interest I have paid since August
[Reply]
notorious 08:35 AM 02-07-2019
Can someone please post a link to a reliable “For Sell By Owner” site?

Houses where I live sell very easy, I just need to polish up on the legal side.
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:37 AM 02-07-2019
I don’t know what we would’ve saved selling ours by ourself. I was going to list ours for $90k. Realtor said it was way too low and listed it for $110k. We sold in three weeks for $105k. We did pay the closing costs but didn’t have much to repair as I maintained the house pretty well.

The house we bought. Seller refused to fix anything but we really wanted the house. One of the best neighborhoods in town. She paid out of her pocket to have one of the more expensive repairs done.
[Reply]
luv 08:45 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by seclark:
how many ceiling fans are in the house?
sec
:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:54 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:

The local realtor here will do the contract for a flat rate. I want to say $1500 or something. Don't quote me on that.

They have some liability there, but that's as fair as anything. I'd guess if you had a lawyer do it would be just as much.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:00 AM 02-07-2019
D2112, you're in NY, right? Fuck that noise.
[Reply]
2112 10:06 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
D2112, you're in NY, right? Fuck that noise.
New Jersey. NY is way worse than that tax wise.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:08 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
New Jersey. NY is way worse than that tax wise.
Holy balls
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:25 AM 02-07-2019
I've been in my house for 20+ years, and I've estimated what it would cost to sell it. I think my plan is to die here just to avoid the closing costs.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:25 AM 02-07-2019
And make sure you have 20% to put down when you buy, because after the bank tells you they'll give you far more than you want or can actually afford on a house, they need to cover their own ass with PMI.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:34 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Holy shit, we had that to. I was so pissed off about it that it wasn't healthy.
It just amazes me how many ways they figure out how to tax a person.

Do you have to annually purchase a sticker on your car to have the privilege to park in your own driveway? That is so common in Illinois that the citizens think it is normal and they are used to it.
My hometown in MO had a "city sticker" when I was a kid. I think it was $5 back in the late 1960s. I don't recall when it went away, but it was gone by 1980.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:35 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've been in my house for 20+ years, and I've estimated what it would cost to sell it. I think my plan is to die here just to avoid the closing costs.
I'm in this boat. Have the house paid for. I looked at maybe moving to an acreage out of town about 10 years ago. Between the fixing and the moving and all the rest I decided I can just live here.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:55 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Shit, forgot to rant about the ridiculous disclosure.

How many ceiling fans are in the house? Seriously? I have to answer that? We're to the point where we can't even expect a buyer to walk through a house and count the number of fucking ceiling fans on their own?
Sounds like your agent didn't do their job.
How many ceiling fans? How many ceiling fans have light kits? How many windows? Are all the windows the same? Have you ever added onto the house? If so what years and who did the construction work?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:13 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:

Really the only thing you need to do is advertise your property. That may consist of a sign in the yard to a local newspaper listing. When you have a buyer just have them go through their bank. the bank and mortgage company will handle all the forms needed.

I've sold around 15 properties over the years on my own. And currently own 19.

Also I think throwing in a home warranty is a great idea although I've never done that.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up