ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 13
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Selling a house
Bugeater 01:28 AM 02-07-2019
Is fucking maddening. It's nothing but a goddamn string of useless fucking people with their hands out wanting money.

Seller's agent: Try to get you to underprice your home for a quick, easy sale. Not good at keeping you informed.

Buyers agent: Sit around and wait for a buyer to find something they like online, and go unlock a fucking door for them.

Home inspectors: Biggest fucking sham ever. OH WE PROTECT THE BUYER. Yeah just the dumbass lazy buyers who aren't capable of walking around a house and spotting obvious defects on their own. Mostly a way to extort more money from the seller after a deal has been made.

And the closing costs...title fee escrow fee tax stamp blah blah blah what in the earthly fuck is all this shit?

$205,000 house....$25,000 just GONE off the top.

Hopefully I'll die in the next house we buy so I don't ever have to go through this shit again.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:33 AM 02-07-2019
Buying one isn't better.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:36 AM 02-07-2019
Did you make a loss selling it?
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:38 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Buying one isn't better.
That's what we'll be doing next. :-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:42 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Did you make a loss selling it?
Other than the $25k to bullshit? No. We lived in it for 20 years.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:46 AM 02-07-2019
Shit, forgot to rant about the ridiculous disclosure.

How many ceiling fans are in the house? Seriously? I have to answer that? We're to the point where we can't even expect a buyer to walk through a house and count the number of fucking ceiling fans on their own?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:03 AM 02-07-2019
FSBO is surprisingly easy. Just watch out for getting blacklisted by some agents because they fear they'll lose out on a full commission.
[Reply]
007 02:31 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
FSBO is surprisingly easy. Just watch out for getting blacklisted by some agents because they fear they'll lose out on a full commission.
Commissions are too damned high for what little they do. Their primary goal is to get you to spend as much money as possible to make the house perfect for them. Then you pay them for the privilege.
[Reply]
2112 04:43 AM 02-07-2019
Damn!! It’s a good thing they didn’t walk on your lawn going into the house
[Reply]
2112 04:53 AM 02-07-2019
I’ll be selling my house in about 10-12 years. I’ll never buy another one after that. Just rent. It’s a never ending cash cow. 2015 saw a new furnace, new central AC, new roof and new hot water heater. Next is windows and the driveway. It never fucking ends
[Reply]
epitome1170 05:19 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
We are going to be listing in May or June and I was thinking of going FSBO. Trying to figure out everything that I need to do if I go that route (or not do).
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:30 AM 02-07-2019
$205,000 house and your fees were over 12% of the value of the home? You got fucked right in the ass.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:31 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
I’ll be selling my house in about 10-12 years. I’ll never buy another one after that. Just rent. It’s a never ending cash cow. 2015 saw a new furnace, new central AC, new roof and new hot water heater. Next is windows and the driveway. It never fucking ends
Buy a better house. Or piss your money away on rent. Your call.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:35 AM 02-07-2019
my wife and I bought a house in October.
We started looking in April.
Looked at 90 houses
Offered on 8 houses
2 Accepted but walked from both due to inspection (major issues).
Finally got the one we're in and closed in late October.

it was, by far, one of the worst experiences of our lives. we would catch a house that came on the market and view it that day by 5pm; and when we'd show up, there would literally be cars lined up down the street to view it with agents. and once inside, you'd view it with probably 6 other people minimum. Then, if you did offer, there were already 8 offers submitted.

We offered on once house 5% over asking, and it eneded up selling/closing for 23% OVER asking price. and our offer was in the rough alingnment with what other homes were selling at / appraisal ballpark.

awful experience. If I never have to move/sell/buy again, it'll be too soon.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:43 AM 02-07-2019
I got mad at "the seller pays the closing costs for the buyer"

Really???? This happened a lot during the housing bust. But now????
Houses here are going site unseen. If the demand is so high, why do I need an incentive for someone else to buy my home?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 13
1 234511 > Last »
Up