ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 324
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 08:38 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
So, I just read an article that claimed Brandon Graham would demand $15+million on the market. For a 6 sack guy. WTF? I says.
So I went over to Spotrac, and yep, that's what they estimate his market value is as well. So, I think the $15-$16 million estimate for Ford is a) probably going to be way too low and b) whatever it ends up being, will not be a deterrent for anyone looking for a pass rusher. In fact, I think it entirely probable if that's how these contracts are going to go, that we get a #1 for Ford.

We REALLY need to hit big time on this draft.
Yup. This is a big offseason for Veach.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:38 AM 01-30-2019
So, I just read an article that claimed Brandon Graham would demand $15+million on the market. For a 6 sack guy. WTF? I says.
So I went over to Spotrac, and yep, that's what they estimate his market value is as well. So, I think the $15-$16 million estimate for Ford is a) probably going to be way too low and b) whatever it ends up being, will not be a deterrent for anyone looking for a pass rusher. In fact, I think it entirely probable if that's how these contracts are going to go, that we get a #1 for Ford.

We REALLY need to hit big time on this draft.
It just reinforces the need to tag Ford. He's going to get a ridiculous contract on the open market. The Chiefs would be foolish to sign him to Houston money, which seems to be a real possibility with your numbers there.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:42 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It just reinforces the need to tag Ford. He's going to get a ridiculous contract on the open market. The Chiefs would be foolish to sign him to Houston money, which seems to be a real possibility with your numbers there.
Yeah, I mean you just can't pay him that, not if you're KC. Tag and trade for fucking sure, but I think you can get a 1st for him now, if that's how it's going to be. Your Clowney's and whatnot will all be re-signed or franchised with the intent to keep them.

Ford may be the biggest name on the market in Edge rushers, although he's stricly a 3-4 OLB so that limits his appeal a little, but I really think we might end up nabbing a #1 for him from a team that thinks they're a couple guys away.
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 AM 01-30-2019
You could franchise tag him, play him this year, tag and trade him next year
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:55 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
You could franchise tag him, play him this year, tag and trade him next year
WHY?

There's no reason to at all, unless you just want to roll with the same defense we had last year. TAKE THE PICKS NOW.
Just pull the band-aid off, all at once, and get on with your lives.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 01-30-2019
WHY?

There's no reason to at all, unless you just want to roll with the same defense we had last year. TAKE THE PICKS NOW.
Well, for one you get a premium pass rusher in his prime playing his ass off for a contract again.

Ford is obviously a really good player. He's a bit flawed for sure, but with as much as teams are in sub sets and as much as teams pass the ball, pass rushers are hard to come by.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:01 AM 01-30-2019
Well, for one you get a premium pass rusher in his prime playing his ass off for a contract again.

Ford is obviously a really good player. He's a bit flawed for sure, but with as much as teams are in sub sets and as much as teams pass the ball, pass rushers are hard to come by.
I think he's incredibly overrated, and that there is little chance he's here. You should just prepare yourself. But it'll be okay.
[Reply]
O.city 09:03 AM 01-30-2019
I think he's incredibly overrated, and that there is little chance he's here. You should just prepare yourself. But it'll be okay.
I don't really care either way, but if the Chiefs think they're as close as they apparently do, i'm not sure they'll be trading away one of their best assets on D.
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 AM 01-30-2019
If someone is going to give you a first for him, sure, trade him away.

I don't know how you can say he's "incredibly overrated" in one breath and expect a team to give up a first AND a big contract for him in another. Kinda contradicts each others.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:12 AM 01-30-2019
If someone is going to give you a first for him, sure, trade him away.

I don't know how you can say he's "incredibly overrated" in one breath and expect a team to give up a first AND a big contract for him in another. Kinda contradicts each others.
because people see the sack totals and think he awesome.

He's not. He also has an injury history. He's a liability in every facet of the game except speed rush. That's it. That's all he is.

But somebody with a bunch of cap room is going to pony up.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:13 AM 01-30-2019
I don't really care either way, but if the Chiefs think they're as close as they apparently do, i'm not sure they'll be trading away one of their best assets on D.
The Chiefs think they're close because of their offense, and they're right.

There's nobody on that defense that's untouchable other than Jones.

We need to start thinking like the Patriots do.
[Reply]
O.city 09:25 AM 01-30-2019
because people see the sack totals and think he awesome.

He's not. He also has an injury history. He's a liability in every facet of the game except speed rush. That's it. That's all he is.

But somebody with a bunch of cap room is going to pony up.
People do, sure.

Do you think other teams are that way as well?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:30 AM 01-30-2019
People do, sure.

Do you think other teams are that way as well?
Other teams may have tons of cap space, or may be desperate for pass rushers, or both.
[Reply]
O.city 09:32 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Other teams may have tons of cap space, or may be desperate for pass rushers, or both.
Sure, but why would they give that up for a guy that's this overrated and just not very good?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:32 AM 01-30-2019
Sure, but why would they give that up for a guy that's this overrated and just not very good?
Because they have tons of cap space and are desperate.

Stop trying to make sense of it. It doesn't make sense. But teams do it every year.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 324
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Up