ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 324
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Oxford 02:47 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He was okay for a rookie when he got his chance. Tanoh is the one who will benefit from this the most. That guy is 6’7”. His body frame isn’t right for a 3-4 OLB at all.
Look up Art Still and his career..........
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:49 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I know this is an oversimplification, but doesn't the over scheme limit the critical importance of the wide 9 DE from stopping the run? Seems like the goal is to put him on the weak side away from the extra blockers, and make his main responsibility exploding off the line.
And teams will just run right at him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:55 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And teams will just run right at him.
You can minimize some of that damage with good safeties. Which I imagine is high high priority anyway. Seems this is a role that reduces his run responsibility which is a good thing. Less TE matchups. More need to seal the edge vs contain the run.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:01 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
If they trade Ford, a cheaper vet option for the LEO could be Bruce Irvin. He played there in Seattle and Atlanta (was out of position in Oakland, iirc). He's on the wrong side of 30 so isn't the future but he could hold the fort down in that position while the Chiefs got a rookie up to speed and then provide backup. It sounds like he may go back to Seattle but, if he wants a chance at another ring, he might consider KC.
Dude, our defense was ugly enough last year. It doesn't need Bruce Irvin's horrific monster face.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:12 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dude, our defense was ugly enough last year. It doesn't need Bruce Irvin's horrific monster face.
They could give him one of those face shield things like DT always wore.
[Reply]
Cow Pollinator 04:28 PM 01-29-2019
Guys, I’m sorry if this has been talked about, but does Shane Ray fit in this defense? Or would he be projected to fit here? It seems I recall seeing Denver declined his 5th year option.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:30 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Cow Pollinator:
Guys, I’m sorry if this has been talked about, but does Shane Ray fit in this defense? Or would he be projected to fit here? It seems I recall seeing Denver declined his 5th year option.
I’ve got my eyes on him if they let Ford go for sure.
[Reply]
Cow Pollinator 04:38 PM 01-29-2019
Ok, thanks. Maybe he could be an option here.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:00 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'd like to see them load up on versatility on the line. I think ultimately that may be the thinking with Speaks and it certainly is with Jones. I like the idea of Spags running a 4-man front with all DE's like he did with the Giants. Stunts, blitzes, just mixing up everything and going crazy.
Derrick Nnadi prevents this. You won't be able to keep him off the field.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:00 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
They won't be using him all the time on 3rd-down.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:14 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
What does this even mean?

He will come off the field in subs and Speaks will slide inside.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:06 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’ve got my eyes on him if they let Ford go for sure.
Probably a cheap reclamation project. Worth taking a flyer on him.Seems like a Veach-y sort of move.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:09 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What does this even mean?

He will come off the field in subs and Speaks will slide inside.
IF Spags has 4 aces to run his 4 aces package with.

right now it doesn't look like it, but we'll see after FA and the draft.

I like Nnadi a lot, though, and he was getting some push even as a rookie, so who knows?

It's going to be a lot of fun seeing what happens with the roster over the next 4 months or so.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:29 AM 01-30-2019
So, I just read an article that claimed Brandon Graham would demand $15+million on the market. For a 6 sack guy. WTF? I says.
So I went over to Spotrac, and yep, that's what they estimate his market value is as well. So, I think the $15-$16 million estimate for Ford is a) probably going to be way too low and b) whatever it ends up being, will not be a deterrent for anyone looking for a pass rusher. In fact, I think it entirely probable if that's how these contracts are going to go, that we get a #1 for Ford.

We REALLY need to hit big time on this draft.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:35 AM 01-30-2019
Veach should dump whoever Spags wants dumped. Cut the fat money. Bringing back the same guys is not good. They sucked.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 324
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Up