ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 50
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***
Coach 09:05 PM 10-29-2018
As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Spoiler!

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Spoiler!

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Spoiler!

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:23 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
#tolerance

#strongerTogether

#imWithHer
Cancer should never be tolerated.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:43 AM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Religious folks are a cancer.
Take this shit to DC. :-)

Speaking of cancer, hire Matheny as your manager and watch your next window die of an incompetent managerial cancer.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:46 AM 11-27-2018
@Royals: We have claimed RHP Connor Greene off of outright waivers from the Cardinals. In a corresponding move, we have designated RHP Burch Smith for assignment.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:50 AM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Take this shit to DC. :-)

Speaking of cancer, hire Matheny as your manager and watch your next window die of an incompetent managerial cancer.
Speaking of, Zobie's parent's sound like kinda dicks. https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...e41120313.html

Originally Posted by :
Tom Zobrist has been pastor of the Liberty Bible Church in Eureka since 1988, nurturing those to whom he ministers and the operation from a storefront location to its own site to a soon-to-be shimmering expansion project now that will include 500-seat capacity.

Their son’s direction wasn’t going to change, either, when the Zobrists got a call suggesting Ben attend a tryout camp in nearby Brimfield.

It would cost $50, after all.

“Fifty dollars was a lot of money,” Cindi said. “It still is.”

Never mind that Ben was intrigued, if only for the chance to spend more time playing with his friends.

“ ‘I’m not paying for that,’ ” said his father, who grew up a Cardinals fan.

But he was OK with Ben using $50 of birthday money he’d gotten from his grandparents.

“ ‘Go ahead; it’s your money,’ ” Tom Zobrist remembered saying, smiling at the recollection it would be money misspent.
Originally Posted by :
Cindi remembers crying about it over lunch with him at a local Cracker Barrel, fretting that doing so would be stepping away from God’s plan and fearing “other influences” at a larger school.

But Tom told him that at age 19, he needed to decide for himself and asked what he thought God wanted for him.

“ ‘Well, I feel like I’m not done with baseball yet,’ ” he remembered Ben saying. “ ‘But I’m willing to do what you want me to do.’ ”

[Reply]
seaofred 03:20 PM 11-28-2018
Did anyone hear the interview with Moose this morning? He was on with Bob F. I just can't stand to listen to that guy. Did he say anything of note?
[Reply]
lewdog 08:46 PM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
#tolerance

#strongerTogether

#imWithHer
Nothing says awesome like given special treatment to believers over non-believers when running a ball club.

Matheny is a turd sandwich and Moore is lost.
[Reply]
Fish 06:49 PM 11-30-2018
Bubba officially a free agent...

We have non-tendered RHP Jason Adam, 1B Samir Dueñez, RHP Andres Machado and OF Bubba Starling ahead of tonight’s deadline. All four players become free agents.

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) November 30, 2018

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:55 PM 11-30-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Nothing says awesome like given special treatment to believers over non-believers when running a ball club.

Matheny is a turd sandwich and Moore is lost.
whatever you guys have to do, fly a banner, make thousands of calls etc. do it to avoid Matheny being your new manager.
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:05 PM 11-30-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Bubba officially a free agent...

damn. the fanboy in me always wanted to see bubba patrolling the outfield.

sweet dreams, young prince. im not even going to look up who we could have had instead of you........
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:33 AM 12-03-2018
The Mariners are having a full-on fire sale and I don’t get it.

At least the returns they’re settling on.

They did pretty well in the swap with the Mets... but this Segura trade rumor doesn’t make sense to me.

Segura is 28 and a top 10 SS, with four affordable years left ... and they’re moving him for J.P. Crawford and taking on the last year of Carlis Santana to boot?

Can’t tell if they’re just off the reservation or what, but it doesn’t probably help the Merrifield trade return. He and Segura are similar offensive players, though Segura is much more expensive.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:08 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The Mariners are having a full-on fire sale and I don’t get it.

At least the returns they’re settling on.

They did pretty well in the swap with the Mets... but this Segura trade rumor doesn’t make sense to me.

Segura is 28 and a top 10 SS, with four affordable years left ... and they’re moving him for J.P. Crawford and taking on the last year of Carlis Santana to boot?

Can’t tell if they’re just off the reservation or what, but it doesn’t probably help the Merrifield trade return. He and Segura are similar offensive players, though Segura is much more expensive.
Seems like an owner forced fire-sale.

But at least when it comes to Segura, the word is from M's fans is that he's not on speaking terms with half of his locker room after that crazy, all-out brawl he had with Dee Gordon in the locker room this September. Feels like they're looking for a... "Marcus Peters" esque return to get him out.

It also might be telling that this will now be his fourth organization - he's starting to have some of the "weird" movement that Valencia had. Trades and DFA's that would happen in spite of solid production.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:40 PM 12-03-2018
The Indians traded Yan Gomes to Washington. I'm curious what other trades they'll end up making. I completely agree with their strategy of trading off players and getting the rebuild started before everyone walks and the cupboard is bare. It's how you expedite the rebuild and avoid 5-7 years of building like we're forced to go through.
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:42 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The Indians traded Yan Gomes to Washington. I'm curious what other trades they'll end up making. I completely agree with their strategy of trading off players and getting the rebuild started before everyone walks and the cupboard is bare. It's how you expedite the rebuild and avoid 5-7 years of building like we're forced to go through.
The Indians aren't coming off back-to-back World Series appearances and a WS Title.

I'm not surprised that you don't see the difference here though.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:48 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
The Indians aren't coming off back-to-back World Series appearances and a WS Title.

kcchiefsus was bitching during the WS runs. He is a complete waste of space.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:52 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Dartgod:

What difference does that make? When freaking Matheny is our manager next year, you still going to be defending Moore with the same BS? Why is Dayton Moore beyond reproach around here? How long do we have to go before the WS win finally loses its luster, and Moore is finally judged on his performance since then (and performance in the draft even before the WS)?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 50
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up