ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 160
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Top 101 CP Posters of 2014 Part 2 Presented by SNR
Pasta Little Brioni 09:33 PM 07-31-2014
The countdown and butt hurt continues as SNR, the unnamed listmaker, and I are on a mission to finish this thing.

Original thread (101-58).... http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthrea...osters+of+2014

57-34... http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost....30&postcount=3

33-21... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...31&postcount=4

20-13... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...0&postcount=13

12. Dane McCloud
Spoiler!

11. Pestilence
Spoiler!

10. htismaqe
Spoiler!

9. Rausch
Spoiler!

8. Bowser
Spoiler!

7. Simply Red
Spoiler!

6. milkman
Spoiler!

5. Mr. Flopnuts
Spoiler!

4. SNR
Spoiler!

3. 'Hamas' Jenkins
Spoiler!

2. Rain Man
Spoiler!

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:34 PM 09-23-2014
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Too bad so sad. Last time I had to wait a week to get a roast anyway. Need to beg for more help on anymore roasts?
Nah. Rome's just gonna burn, so you may as well saw away on that ol' fiddle, Nero
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:35 PM 09-23-2014
Originally Posted by TimBone:
lol...do I sense butthurt?
No, but I do want to see a roast of Timbone. Snr won't put out for you.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 10:37 PM 09-23-2014
lol...do I sense butthurt?
must be masking his carpal tunnel, the only true henderance to his updating abilities....
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:42 PM 09-23-2014
That's an interesting thing I've never thought about. Nero? Fiddling? They didn't have violins in the 1st century AD. Like, not even close. The oldest thing that's even remotely related to a fiddle is the rebec, and that wouldn't show up until AT LEAST a millennium after Nero died, and you can probably tack on a few more centuries after that. Nero would have had a lyre to accompany his singing, but that's quite different in terms of modes of instrument playing. It's like saying, "Ehh... violin... harp... close enough..."

What a bizarre anachronistic myth.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:45 PM 09-23-2014
No, but I do want to see a roast of Timbone. Snr won't put out for you.
I don't think I've put out much roast material in the short time I've been here. Maybe next year I make the list. Who knows. I did get mentioned in a roast from SNR, and I got the pleasure of filling in for a couple of roasts. I'm happy with that. All in all, I've had a grand time.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:47 PM 09-23-2014
Originally Posted by SNR:
That's an interesting thing I've never thought about. Nero? Fiddling? They didn't have violins in the 1st century AD. Like, not even close. The oldest thing that's even remotely related to a fiddle is the rebec, and that wouldn't show up until AT LEAST a millennium after Nero died, and you can probably tack on a few more centuries after that. Nero would have had a lyre to accompany his singing, but that's quite different in terms of modes of instrument playing. It's like saying, "Ehh... violin... harp... close enough..."

What a bizarre anachronistic myth.
We pound nerds, here at ChiefsPlanet.

NTTAWWT
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:49 PM 09-23-2014
I don't think I've put out much roast material in the short time I've been here. Maybe next year I make the list. Who knows. I did get mentioned in a roast from SNR, and I got the pleasure of filling in for a couple of roasts. I'm happy with that. All in all, I've had a grand time.
You should a been on the list instead of a turd like but eye pea
[Reply]
TimBone 10:52 PM 09-23-2014
You should a been on the list instead of a turd like but eye pea
You're sweet. I appreciate that.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:55 PM 09-23-2014
You're sweet. I appreciate that.
I have been a douche on here lately, but thanks
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:55 PM 09-23-2014
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
We pound nerds, here at ChiefsPlanet.

NTTAWWT
So I just did some research.

The only Roman historian who survived to write about the fire of Rome was Pliny the Elder, and he only mentioned it in passing. Dudes like Plutarch didn't even draw attention to it.

We have absolutely zero sources that account for Nero's actions during the fire. It's just made up crap.

Just because it's something that Nero would totally do (playing/singing music while a huge chunk of the city burned down) doesn't mean he actually did it. Especially if there's no existing writing from the time that even CLAIMED that's what he did.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 11:11 PM 09-23-2014

The only Roman historian who survived to write about the fire of Rome was Pliny the Elder, and he only mentioned it in passing. Dudes like Plutarch didn't even draw attention to it.

We have absolutely zero sources that account for Nero's actions during the fire. It's just made up crap.

Just because it's something that Nero would totally do (playing/singing music while a huge chunk of the city burned down) doesn't mean he actually did it. Especially if there's no existing writing from the time that even CLAIMED that's what he did.
There's a reason for that. I'll only say that since we are in the Lounge.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:36 PM 09-23-2014
Nero lied, people died.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 11:41 PM 09-23-2014

Check your rep.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:57 PM 09-23-2014
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
Check your rep.
That's very interesting, but I didn't ask to see pictures of your penis.

Now I have to look at that every time I access my User CP page.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:00 AM 09-24-2014
That's very interesting, but I didn't ask to see pictures of your penis.

Now I have to look at that every time I access my User CP page.
PLZ SHARE
[Reply]
Page 55 of 160
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up