ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 291 of 382
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301341 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 03:39 PM 09-27-2019
Took me a long time to aquire the taste for beer any beer, then I loved an ice cold beer, would keep mugs in the freezer and pride myself in pouring a perfect head. Then a few years again, it went back to....yuck. I'd lost the taste for beer.

Now it's whiskey and Coke, a half pint of AA a nice mild buzz. Sip thru a straw.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:27 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
KCUnited,
Thanks again for the suggestions. We went to Local Option twice the first time through... the food and beer were both top notch, and I'd totally live in that neighborhood.

Went to the Goose Island nearby, enjoyed a BCS Coffee (2016, IIRC).

On the way back through, went to Mikerphone and sampled practically their entire menu... we ordered Lou's deep dish from there to complete the experience.

Went to the Fulton St Goose Island as well... had the Apple Cart Stout and a few BCS variants, and of course more coffee.

Loved the Lincoln Park area... a little confused as to why Mikerphone is way the hell out by O'Hare, but it was convenient from the airport at least.... sad we couldn't stuff a few in out luggage to bring home.
Glad you made it to Fulton. What did you think of the Apple Cart? Heard it's super sweet but nice, especially if sampling alongside other BCS.

RE Mikerphone: Anytime you see a really good "Chicago" brewery outside the city, it's a cost/space decision. Some go so far as to open in northern Indiana and even Michigan (3 Floyds, 18th Street, Transient Artisan Ales) for less expensive space, but are all still considered Chicagoland breweries. Also, Mike(rphone) is a outward family man, so he wanted to have a space to brew, settle his family, and provide a family friendly taproom which can obviously be more challenging in the city. Elk Grove Village fit that bill for him. I sorely wish he was here in the city, but respect his decisions.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:35 PM 09-27-2019

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:14 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Glad you made it to Fulton. What did you think of the Apple Cart? Heard it's super sweet but nice, especially if sampling alongside other BCS.

RE Mikerphone: Anytime you see a really good "Chicago" brewery outside the city, it's a cost/space decision. Some go so far as to open in northern Indiana and even Michigan (3 Floyds, 18th Street, Transient Artisan Ales) for less expensive space, but are all still considered Chicagoland breweries. Also, Mike(rphone) is a outward family man, so he wanted to have a space to brew, settle his family, and provide a family friendly taproom which can obviously be more challenging in the city. Elk Grove Village fit that bill for him. I sorely wish he was here in the city, but respect his decisions.
I really liked Apple Cart. Didn't think it was overly sweet, but that's coming from someone who loves Southern Tier's diabetes beers, too.

Makes sense... his stuff is phenomenal. We had all of the Bean Spirit variants that were on tap, the root beer inspired stout, a German chocolate stout, an IPA or two. The beer aromas are hard to beat, especially the maple syrup aroma in the Bean Spirit. In a world of IPAs and relatively lighter beer lineups, their stout lineup is truly impressive.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:09 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Took me a long time to aquire the taste for beer any beer, then I loved an ice cold beer, would keep mugs in the freezer and pride myself in pouring a perfect head. Then a few years again, it went back to....yuck. I'd lost the taste for beer.

Now it's whiskey and Coke, a half pint of AA a nice mild buzz. Sip thru a straw.
Then stay the fuck out of our beer thread. It clearly says this thread is about beer in the title.
[Reply]
Fish 09:33 PM 09-27-2019
Recently in Fort Collins, CO. This was one of the better sours I've had:

La Folie, French for "the folly," is a beer steeped in New Belgium brewing tradition. This wood-aged, sour brown spends one to three years in big oak barrels known as foeders. And when the beer finally hits the glass, La Folie is sharp and sour, full of green apple, cherry, and plum-skin notes. Pouring a deep mahogany, the mouthfeel will get you puckering while the smooth finish will get you smiling. Not a beer for the timid, La Folie is a sour delight that will turn your tongue on its head.

https://www.newbelgium.com/beer/la-folie/
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:07 AM 09-28-2019
Had a roasted tea stout while in Japan. At Kyoto Beer Lab. It was pretty good. Almost like an espresso stout.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:04 AM 09-28-2019
I've seen them in other markets but we're starting to see some 3 Fonteinen drops here locally. Happily grabbed a Cuvee Armand & Gaston this morning.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:02 PM 10-24-2019
Anyone tried Restless Nights, the Modern Times and Boulevard collaboration?

I'm a bit curious, might have to pick it up.... as far as my personal preferences these days and what each brewery is good at, it feels like Fogo de Chao teaming up with Chick-fil-a.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:11 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Anyone tried Restless Nights, the Modern Times and Boulevard collaboration?

I'm a bit curious, might have to pick it up.... as far as my personal preferences these days and what each brewery is good at, it feels like Fogo de Chao teaming up with Chick-fil-a.
Very tasty, the coffee really pops.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:11 PM 10-24-2019
I've seen them in other markets but we're starting to see some 3 Fonteinen drops here locally. Happily grabbed a Cuvee Armand & Gaston this morning.
A ton of A&G magnums hit KC and StL this year, 74.99 each.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:13 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Recently in Fort Collins, CO. This was one of the better sours I've had:

La Folie, French for "the folly," is a beer steeped in New Belgium brewing tradition. This wood-aged, sour brown spends one to three years in big oak barrels known as foeders. And when the beer finally hits the glass, La Folie is sharp and sour, full of green apple, cherry, and plum-skin notes. Pouring a deep mahogany, the mouthfeel will get you puckering while the smooth finish will get you smiling. Not a beer for the timid, La Folie is a sour delight that will turn your tongue on its head.

https://www.newbelgium.com/beer/la-folie/
La Folie was my original gateway sour and it almost pushed me away from sours permanently. Fortunately, I stuck with it and went back to try it later and realized it was amazing. At a party a couple of years ago, I got to drink a 2003 and 2006 La Folie. They were still AMAZING.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:01 AM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by phisherman:
A ton of A&G magnums hit KC and StL this year, 74.99 each.
They're in the $75-80 range here. We also just had some Cuvée Saint-Gilloise drop.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:21 PM 10-25-2019
In case you haven't seen this. Mahomes glassware. This isn't me even though Phase Three is Chicago.

https://randomspress.bigcartel.com/p...homespintglass
[Reply]
lewdog 08:58 PM 10-25-2019
In case you haven't seen this. Mahomes glassware. This isn't me even though Phase Three is Chicago.

https://randomspress.bigcartel.com/p...homespintglass
Holy shit that's awesome!
[Reply]
Page 291 of 382
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301341 > Last »
Up