ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 289 of 382
« First < 189239279285286287288289 290291292293299339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 01:43 PM 07-29-2019
Bearcat comes to Phoenix but doesn’t tell anyone until after. So no one has met him.

He’s probably a loser.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:14 PM 08-28-2019
Picked up this heavily coffee flavored 750ml bottle of imperial stout today to treat myself over the holiday weekend. Unfortunately, it exploded in my front seat on the way home. Scared the living shit out me. Thought I finally got shot in Chicago.

Amateurs. Car smells incredible though.

[Reply]
MTG#10 04:20 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Picked up this heavily coffee flavored 750ml bottle of imperial stout today to treat myself over the holiday weekend. Unfortunately, it exploded in my front seat on the way home. Scared the living shit out me. Thought I finally got shot in Chicago.

:-)

What was it?
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:25 PM 08-28-2019
Local brewer, Mikerphone - Imperial Smells Like Bean Spirit Mocaccino. I've notified them, hopefully they'll make it right.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:28 PM 08-28-2019
Local brewer, Mikerphone - Imperial Smells Like Bean Spirit Mocaccino. I've notified them, hopefully they'll make it right.
I gotta say, coffee imperial stouts are by far my favorite beers. I'd give them another chance. Is it bottle conditioned? If so that is pretty amateurish, I've never even had that happen with my home brews and I am definitely an amateur brewer.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:52 PM 08-28-2019
Just got a call from the brewer. Took full responsibility and all is good. Sounds like there's been other reports of gushers with that bottle. It happens.

I'm mostly relieved he's taking care of it because that line of coffee stout is phenomenal and I'd like to keep drinking them.
[Reply]
Fish 04:58 PM 08-28-2019

And there I was, caught passionately sniffing my car's passenger seat.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:24 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
And there I was, caught passionately sniffing my car's passenger seat.
I keep saying coffee, but it's really a breakfast stout, so I was picking up a lot more maple than coffee on the nose the rest of my way home.

Who wants to cash out their Bitcoin profitz with me to start a pastry stout line of car air fresheners?
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:26 PM 08-28-2019
I keep saying coffee, but it's really a breakfast stout, so I was picking up a lot more maple than coffee on the nose the rest of my way home.

Who wants to cash out their Bitcoin profitz with me to start a pastry stout line of car air fresheners?
Haagen Dazs has a new line of "Spirits" flavored ice creams. One is Stout Chocolate Pretzel Crunch and it is fantastic. The Bourbon Vanilla one is great too.

Good to hear you are getting that beer replaced. A buddy just went to an American Solera members event last weekend and picked up his member only stouts and dropped a couple on the way in the house. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:47 PM 08-28-2019
A friend brought some back from a recent trip to Chicago (minus the Mocaccino), plus 3 Floyd's Pillar of Beasts... and had some Modern Times Devil's Teeth. Smells Like Bean Spirit was incredible... and hard to dislike with a name like that.

If beer went all over my car, I could only hope it smelled so good...
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:21 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
A friend brought some back from a recent trip to Chicago (minus the Mocaccino), plus 3 Floyd's Pillar of Beasts... and had some Modern Times Devil's Teeth. Smells Like Bean Spirit was incredible... and hard to dislike with a name like that.

If beer went all over my car, I could only hope it smelled so good...
Ha, that's awesome. I bought the very first batch of Smells Like Bean Spirit (it may be posted in this thread) when Mike was contract brewing and self distributed in his van. It was good, not great then, imo. He's come a long way with it though and some of the one-off variants are truly great. What killed me is that he opened his brewery out by O'hare which I never get out to. So I was stoked to grab this new bottle today while out that way for work.

As he's grown and expanded his space, he's had some packaging issues, particularly with his hoppy stuff on a new canning line. It happens.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:26 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Haagen Dazs has a new line of "Spirits" flavored ice creams. One is Stout Chocolate Pretzel Crunch and it is fantastic. The Bourbon Vanilla one is great too.

Good to hear you are getting that beer replaced. A buddy just went to an American Solera members event last weekend and picked up his member only stouts and dropped a couple on the way in the house. :-)
Ouch. Had I not been pulled off the side of a busy ave during traffic, I'd of had no shame cupping some of it up to my mouth with my hands Chris Rock I'm Gonna Git You Sucka style.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:12 PM 08-28-2019
Ha, that's awesome. I bought the very first batch of Smells Like Bean Spirit (it may be posted in this thread) when Mike was contract brewing and self distributed in his van. It was good, not great then, imo. He's come a long way with it though and some of the one-off variants are truly great. What killed me is that he opened his brewery out by O'hare which I never get out to. So I was stoked to grab this new bottle today while out that way for work.

As he's grown and expanded his space, he's had some packaging issues, particularly with his hoppy stuff on a new canning line. It happens.
My friend said he'll always see people with luggage, who get off their plane and head straight there, or hit it up on their way to catch a flight.

I'll be there for a couple days pretty soon.... planning on hitting them up, and was also told to go to Beer Temple.

Anywhere else I should go?
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:11 AM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
My friend said he'll always see people with luggage, who get off their plane and head straight there, or hit it up on their way to catch a flight.

I'll be there for a couple days pretty soon.... planning on hitting them up, and was also told to go to Beer Temple.

Anywhere else I should go?
Beer Temple is amazing, both a bar with an amazing tap list and bottle shop. I live nearby so they're in my regular rotation of stops. Their website is a good resource for what you can expect. Pro-tip if driving, parking lot is tiny but you can street park for free on Elston.

http://craftbeertemple.com/blog/

I could give you a ton of suggestions if you're staying in the city. Right near Beer Temple is the Revolution taproom, their barrel program at a minimum rivals Goose, could be argued it's better. Their website is kept up to date and they sell to-go options as well.

https://revbrew.com/visit/brewery/tap-room-dl

Maplewood is also nearby Beer Temple. Their taproom is small and typically overcrowded with hipsters, but their Cuppa line of pastry stouts would be right up your alley. They have Cuppa 'Nilla pouring right now.

http://www.maplewoodbrew.com/menus

Find a Binny's. Every Binny's is amazing, but if you're in the city, the Lincoln Park Binny's is awe inspiring. They have a full bar and the best selection in the city. Beer Temple being 2nd. It's also directly across the street from the original Goose brewpub which will often have something great pouring.

This is a great and accurate Chicagoland resource. You can't go wrong with anything on this list. It includes city and burbs.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...thread.601977/

If you tell me what dates you'll be here, I can tell you if there's anything special being released or any events that may be worth it to you.
[Reply]
phisherman 12:01 PM 08-29-2019
KCUnited is the best Chicago beer resource around!
[Reply]
Page 289 of 382
« First < 189239279285286287288289 290291292293299339 > Last »
Up