ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Please Be Considerate With Fireworks
theoldcoach 07:21 PM 06-29-2020
This comes up every year at about this time. Please be considerate with the use of fireworks.

I love fireworks...........when I am expecting them. I love the 4th of July. I love to see kids shooting off fireworks. I love to see families enjoy fireworks displays. It is one of my favorite holidays.

But when they are not expected........like at Midnight or 1:00 am they can be a problem for many of us. Last night someone set off 3 screaming bottle rockets and a small packet of firecrackers at about midnight just outside the house somewhere.

In one move I hit the floor. From the bed to the floor in one move. In the process I knocked over a bedside tray that had a can of pop on it and spilled it all over the floor.

Sounded exactly like incoming fire. It seemed so real that I could even smell that damned jungle. Over 50 years later. It seemed as real as real could be. Took me several seconds to realize where I was and what was happening. My heart was racing. I was sweating. I was scared.

Now......those kids didnít mean for that to happen. They were just having some fun. But in doing so, they fail to realize that to many of us, those sounds in the middle of the night will always signal immediate life threatening danger. And it will never go away.

So I ask you and for you to advise your children........enjoy fireworks in their time and place. Most veterans will heartily endorse that. In fact, we fought for the right for everyone to do so. But please think of those whom it causes trauma and limit late night, non 4th of July exposure to them. Some of us Veterans and many pets would very much appreciate it.

And thank you for listening to this old man.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 07:30 PM 06-29-2020
No fucking shit!

It’s generally a war zone around my area on the 4th, but this year it started about a month early. Sky rocket goes up, blast, and then car alarms.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:34 PM 06-29-2020
Posts like crazy here. Stories on TV and paper. People are bored. That has to be part of the issue.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:35 PM 06-29-2020
Go to bed grampa.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:37 PM 06-29-2020
Lol come on. If you call the cops for ppl doing fireworks at midnight on 4th of July you might be a terrorist, antififa, white supremacist take ur pick.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:37 PM 06-29-2020

Supposed to say

Just heard fireworks. Better post on facebook.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 07:40 PM 06-29-2020
I have BLM type @ssholes in Oakland blowing them off every night. No one is calling the police, just pure disturbances.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 07:41 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Lol come on. If you call the cops for ppl doing fireworks at midnight on 4th of July you might be a terrorist, antififa, white supremacist take ur pick.
Firstly, who said anything about calling the cops?

Secondly, was last night the 4th of July.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:41 PM 06-29-2020
Weíve had 10x the number of nuisance firework calls than this time last year. News did a story on it and concluded people are just bored. Itís literally every night itís not storming for the last 2 weeks.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:43 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Posts like crazy here. Stories on TV and paper. People are bored. That has to be part of the issue.
Do you live in Minneapolis ? And if so are you thinking about moving?
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:49 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

Supposed to say

Just heard fireworks. Better post on facebook.

[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:50 PM 06-29-2020
Get under my lawn!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:50 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Do you live in Minneapolis ? And if so are you thinking about moving?
Just outside of MPLS. In a burb. Not moving yet.
Drove into MPLS a few days ago. Hwy 81/Botteneau Blvd/Broadway is a disaster. Stores closed. Burned buildings. No grocery store open for 5 miles for some. Did it to their own neighborhood.

Really surprised they did not burn the MPLS school district office building
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:51 PM 06-29-2020
Fuck out of here
[Reply]
BDj23 07:59 PM 06-29-2020
I live on the edge of town, sounds like some guy to the north of me has been blowing up hand grenades all day long. It's just turnabout from when I pissed all my neighbors off as a kid with fireworks.

Although, I'd be way more considerate of an actual veteran asking me to chill with fireworks, over some busybody Facebook housewife that just doesn't want her rat dog to piss on the carpet.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up