ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Washington DC and The Holy Land>"Surviving" Corona Virus
NinerDoug 02:37 PM 06-29-2020
Part of the problem, maybe most of the problem, is that it's such a weird disease. Apparently most people that get it never even know.

Other people get walloped.

https://www.sfgate.com/science/artic...edium=referral

What they donít tell you about surviving COVID-19

'Recovered' doesn't mean healthy again
Most people who catch the new coronavirus donít experience severe symptoms, and some have no symptoms at all. COVID-19 saves its worst for relatively few.

ICU nurse Sherie Antoinette has seen the serious cases first hand.
The lucky ones ó if you can call them that ó recover, but not in the sense that their lives are back to normal. For some, the damage is permanent. Their organs will never fully heal.

ďWhen they say írecovered,í they donít tell you that that means you may need a lung transplant,Ē Antoinette wrote in a Twitter post. ďOr that you may come back after discharge with a massive heart attack or stroke, because COVID makes your blood thick as hell. Or that you may have to be on oxygen for the rest of your life.Ē

Antoinetteís tweet prompted a flurry of responses from former COVID-19 patients, family of patients and nurses working on the frontline of the disease.

We have selected some of their tweets and are running them with minor editing for clarity. SFGATE makes no claims to their authenticity.

I'm currently in the hospital after having a heart attack caused by clotting that resulted from COVID 19. I have a stent in my heart and need to wear a heart monitoring vest at all times. Now I face months of recovery including physical and occupational therapy. I'm only 29.

óDan

I went into acute kidney failure and needed dialysis. I now have asthma, chronic cough and an irregular heartbeat. I have conditions I never had before, plus Iím wiped all the time. I hope this gets better, but you [Sherie] are on the money. And, mine was considered a low-moderate case.

ó Stephanie McCarroll

These are my observations (of hospitalized patients):
1) Everybody is so swollen their skin has blisters and is so tight it looks like itís about to burst, from head to heel. And skin so dry peeling and flaky that to slather Vaseline on every shift is almost necessary ó all over.
2) Everybodyís skin is weeping clear fluid and has sores and the skin just slides off with slightest turn or rub, all over the body.
3) Everybodyís blood is thick as slush. Canít figure out whatís making it clot like that, but itís dark and thick.
4) Everybodyís kidneys are failing. Urine dark or red, which could contribute to the swelling, but we donít know yet.
5) Everybody has an abnormal heart rhythm. Not sure of the cause. But even without underlying heart problems, itís not beating normally.
6) Seems counterproductive, but the ones that are not breathing on the ventilator have to lay flat on their stomachs to breathe better. And even some on the ventilator are on their stomachs. And the slightest turn for some is what leads to their almost immediate death. Bathing, cleaning and turning to prevent skin breakdown causes most to code blue, so a decision has to be made on which is most important.
7) Everyone has a Foley catheter and a rectal tube ó incontinent of bowel and bladder.
8) Everybody on tube feeding. Everybody.
Never before in my entire career have I seen a disease process attack in this way.

ó 20-year veteran nurse in NYC via Dr. Dee Knight

I spent 10 days on a ventilator last March with ARDS [Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome] and I'm still on oxygen. Going home is just the beginning of the next steps in recovering. Every aspect of my life has changed for the worse. Please support and help anyone you know who survived. And wear a mask!

ó Nurse @liveV4Vendetta

I'm just getting over a "mild" case after over two months. There's scarring in my lower right lung and my stomach and digestion are a mess like never before. But I'm coughing way less and can take walks again.
And, btw, this is the third time in two months that I've "gotten better." I'm just hoping it's the last and it doesn't all come back AGAIN.

ó Eli

Iím a nurse on a COVID floor, I caught it. I am a relatively healthy 24-year-old and could barely walk up a half flight of stairs. My blood pressure skyrocketed, chest pain was debilitating. Iím 8 weeks out and still feeling the chest pain and shortness of breath. This is no joke.

ó Alicia

I had COVID for over 60 days. Iím 33 years old, was super healthy, pescatarian, 125 pounds, and ran and did yoga every day. I couldnít walk for two weeks besides a couple steps. It was the worst illness of my life.
I didnít realize I had COVID symptoms for weeks. Here were the early signs:
- Waking up sweaty (I normally donít sweat at night).
- Slight sporadic chills but no fever (or I thought I had no fever bc I only took my temp during the day).
- I could smell fine but would have weird smells like metallic or gas. Also, tasted metallic in the past 2-3 weeks. Apparently, a metallic taste or smell is related to lung problems.
- Loose stool but not terrible.
ó Covid teacher (To read more about her symptoms and treatment, see her blog.)
I "recovered" March 29. I was born 65 years ago with chronic bronchitis that usually popped up maybe twice a year. Now, after COVID-19, I have acute bronchitis attacks 3-4 times a month and get winded walking to the mailbox.

ó Hollis Charles

I got COVID in March, and in May, developed symptoms of encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome that leave me bedridden for days at a time. Iím so glad someone mentioned this so I know that Iím not the only one experiencing this.

ó @PinkkYaYa

My mom worked on a COVID ward and contracted it, spent a month in ICU. Sheís lucky enough to be home now, but she struggles to get up stairs and itís going to be a long road to recovery. Thank you for everything that you do.

ó Leanne

My coworker ó an otherwise totally healthy 30-year-old ó is still having issues breathing, two full months later. Weíve got patients coming back to the ER after theyíre ďrecoveredĒ because they canít breathe or they get a blood clot. Itís so insane.

ó Andi

I had it back in March and did 6 days on a ventilator. To date, Iím still short of breath with little exertion. I have pains all over that I have never had before. Iíve noticed I donít urinate as much as I use to. And my legs & feet keep swelling so large no shoes fit. Even flops.

ó Melly B.

Iím a healthy, active 23 year-old and I still have significant lung damage two months after Iíve ďrecovered.Ē

ó Laney Whitney

Yeah, my mom "recovered" mid-May, except she had *nothing* left. Couldn't even eat or drink, they wanted to surgically insert feeding tube into her stomach. I had to invoke her DNR instructions, that SUCKED. She passed May 25. Thanks for all you do, be safe, good luck.

ó @DevinCojones

Worst sickness ever. Left me and my husband sick and weak for almost two months. Almost killed my perfectly healthy 41-year-old nephew. Took down a 36-year-old friend with two bouts of pneumonia. Wear a freaking mask, people. How hard is that?

óPadmaís mom

My husband and I caught COVID two and a half months ago. While my symptoms were mild, he nearly had to be admitted because he couldn't breathe, and now, a month after he's recovered, we've discovered he has PERMANENT LUNG DAMAGE.
This is not ďjust the flu.Ē It isn't.

ó Sue Mii

I had a "mild" case in February. I wasnít hospitalized. Still extremely ill with a myriad of symptoms, including inflammation and lots of pain for 3 weeks. I have no doubt this virus causes permanent damage. Talk with someone who's had it before you decide to go without a mask.

ó Leicia Faye
[Reply]
NinerDoug 05:53 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
To me, based on the fact that we've never heard of this reaction before, and you KNOW the MSM would be all the **** over that.

A bunch of tweets that may be true are merely anecdotal. Seriously, how is it that after 4 months of this shit we have not seen anything about it like that on the news? They would LOVE to do stories on that shit.
I've been hearing this sort of thing for quite a while. Thing is, it appears to be the exception to the rule. Which is why most people are not all that concerned about it. But it appears to be real.

Just google "corona virus permanent damage" and see what comes up. It's not new.
[Reply]
wazu 05:57 PM 06-29-2020
I can certainly believe that there are edge case scenarios with these kinds of outcomes. Doesn't change my overall belief that our societal reaction to this virus has been far too extreme.
[Reply]
digger 06:04 PM 06-29-2020
one of the 99.94%...
[Reply]
seamonster 06:08 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
I've been hearing this sort of thing for quite a while. Thing is, it appears to be the exception to the rule. Which is why most people are not all that concerned about it. But it appears to be real.

Just google "corona virus permanent damage" and see what comes up. It's not new.
Don't worry. Biden will save us because god is good and he creates "vaxalines"...His words...
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:09 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I can certainly believe that there are edge case scenarios with these kinds of outcomes. Doesn't change my overall belief that our societal reaction to this virus has been far too extreme.
These are certainly outliers. You can also find 29 year olds in hospitals with heart failure or renal failure who never had COVID.

Some people are just in poor health and if this thing hits them they are going to be in trouble. Some people are unlucky and become the unexplainable fraction that have poor outcomes for no apparent reason. But the media amplifying the worst 1% of stories doesn't do anyone good.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 06:10 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Don't worry. Bidden will save because god is good and he creates "vaxalines"...His words...
Good to know.

Who's Bidden?
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:33 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
I'm not worried at all about getting this virus. And I don't want Bill Gates and his "phenomenal vaccine".
Same here. Bring it China virus!
[Reply]
NinerDoug 07:38 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Same here. Bring it China virus!
New swine flu strain in China they are saying.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:40 PM 06-29-2020
I'm more concerned about surviving modern liberalism than I am a flu.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 07:42 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Part of the problem, maybe most of the problem, is that it's such a weird disease. Apparently most people that get it never even know.

Other people get walloped.

https://www.sfgate.com/science/artic...edium=referral

What they donít tell you about surviving COVID-19

'Recovered' doesn't mean healthy again
Most people who catch the new coronavirus donít experience severe symptoms, and some have no symptoms at all. COVID-19 saves its worst for relatively few.

ICU nurse Sherie Antoinette has seen the serious cases first hand.
The lucky ones ó if you can call them that ó recover, but not in the sense that their lives are back to normal. For some, the damage is permanent. Their organs will never fully heal.

ďWhen they say írecovered,í they donít tell you that that means you may need a lung transplant,Ē Antoinette wrote in a Twitter post. ďOr that you may come back after discharge with a massive heart attack or stroke, because COVID makes your blood thick as hell. Or that you may have to be on oxygen for the rest of your life.Ē

Antoinetteís tweet prompted a flurry of responses from former COVID-19 patients, family of patients and nurses working on the frontline of the disease.

We have selected some of their tweets and are running them with minor editing for clarity. SFGATE makes no claims to their authenticity.

I'm currently in the hospital after having a heart attack caused by clotting that resulted from COVID 19. I have a stent in my heart and need to wear a heart monitoring vest at all times. Now I face months of recovery including physical and occupational therapy. I'm only 29.

óDan

I went into acute kidney failure and needed dialysis. I now have asthma, chronic cough and an irregular heartbeat. I have conditions I never had before, plus Iím wiped all the time. I hope this gets better, but you [Sherie] are on the money. And, mine was considered a low-moderate case.

ó Stephanie McCarroll

These are my observations (of hospitalized patients):
1) Everybody is so swollen their skin has blisters and is so tight it looks like itís about to burst, from head to heel. And skin so dry peeling and flaky that to slather Vaseline on every shift is almost necessary ó all over.
2) Everybodyís skin is weeping clear fluid and has sores and the skin just slides off with slightest turn or rub, all over the body.
3) Everybodyís blood is thick as slush. Canít figure out whatís making it clot like that, but itís dark and thick.
4) Everybodyís kidneys are failing. Urine dark or red, which could contribute to the swelling, but we donít know yet.
5) Everybody has an abnormal heart rhythm. Not sure of the cause. But even without underlying heart problems, itís not beating normally.
6) Seems counterproductive, but the ones that are not breathing on the ventilator have to lay flat on their stomachs to breathe better. And even some on the ventilator are on their stomachs. And the slightest turn for some is what leads to their almost immediate death. Bathing, cleaning and turning to prevent skin breakdown causes most to code blue, so a decision has to be made on which is most important.
7) Everyone has a Foley catheter and a rectal tube ó incontinent of bowel and bladder.
8) Everybody on tube feeding. Everybody.
Never before in my entire career have I seen a disease process attack in this way.

ó 20-year veteran nurse in NYC via Dr. Dee Knight

I spent 10 days on a ventilator last March with ARDS [Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome] and I'm still on oxygen. Going home is just the beginning of the next steps in recovering. Every aspect of my life has changed for the worse. Please support and help anyone you know who survived. And wear a mask!

ó Nurse @liveV4Vendetta

I'm just getting over a "mild" case after over two months. There's scarring in my lower right lung and my stomach and digestion are a mess like never before. But I'm coughing way less and can take walks again.
And, btw, this is the third time in two months that I've "gotten better." I'm just hoping it's the last and it doesn't all come back AGAIN.

ó Eli

Iím a nurse on a COVID floor, I caught it. I am a relatively healthy 24-year-old and could barely walk up a half flight of stairs. My blood pressure skyrocketed, chest pain was debilitating. Iím 8 weeks out and still feeling the chest pain and shortness of breath. This is no joke.

ó Alicia

I had COVID for over 60 days. Iím 33 years old, was super healthy, pescatarian, 125 pounds, and ran and did yoga every day. I couldnít walk for two weeks besides a couple steps. It was the worst illness of my life.
I didnít realize I had COVID symptoms for weeks. Here were the early signs:
- Waking up sweaty (I normally donít sweat at night).
- Slight sporadic chills but no fever (or I thought I had no fever bc I only took my temp during the day).
- I could smell fine but would have weird smells like metallic or gas. Also, tasted metallic in the past 2-3 weeks. Apparently, a metallic taste or smell is related to lung problems.
- Loose stool but not terrible.
ó Covid teacher (To read more about her symptoms and treatment, see her blog.)
I "recovered" March 29. I was born 65 years ago with chronic bronchitis that usually popped up maybe twice a year. Now, after COVID-19, I have acute bronchitis attacks 3-4 times a month and get winded walking to the mailbox.

ó Hollis Charles

I got COVID in March, and in May, developed symptoms of encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome that leave me bedridden for days at a time. Iím so glad someone mentioned this so I know that Iím not the only one experiencing this.

ó @PinkkYaYa

My mom worked on a COVID ward and contracted it, spent a month in ICU. Sheís lucky enough to be home now, but she struggles to get up stairs and itís going to be a long road to recovery. Thank you for everything that you do.

ó Leanne

My coworker ó an otherwise totally healthy 30-year-old ó is still having issues breathing, two full months later. Weíve got patients coming back to the ER after theyíre ďrecoveredĒ because they canít breathe or they get a blood clot. Itís so insane.

ó Andi

I had it back in March and did 6 days on a ventilator. To date, Iím still short of breath with little exertion. I have pains all over that I have never had before. Iíve noticed I donít urinate as much as I use to. And my legs & feet keep swelling so large no shoes fit. Even flops.

ó Melly B.

Iím a healthy, active 23 year-old and I still have significant lung damage two months after Iíve ďrecovered.Ē

ó Laney Whitney

Yeah, my mom "recovered" mid-May, except she had *nothing* left. Couldn't even eat or drink, they wanted to surgically insert feeding tube into her stomach. I had to invoke her DNR instructions, that SUCKED. She passed May 25. Thanks for all you do, be safe, good luck.

ó @DevinCojones

Worst sickness ever. Left me and my husband sick and weak for almost two months. Almost killed my perfectly healthy 41-year-old nephew. Took down a 36-year-old friend with two bouts of pneumonia. Wear a freaking mask, people. How hard is that?

óPadmaís mom

My husband and I caught COVID two and a half months ago. While my symptoms were mild, he nearly had to be admitted because he couldn't breathe, and now, a month after he's recovered, we've discovered he has PERMANENT LUNG DAMAGE.
This is not ďjust the flu.Ē It isn't.

ó Sue Mii

I had a "mild" case in February. I wasnít hospitalized. Still extremely ill with a myriad of symptoms, including inflammation and lots of pain for 3 weeks. I have no doubt this virus causes permanent damage. Talk with someone who's had it before you decide to go without a mask.

ó Leicia Faye
Just words on a screen till I meet anyone who had it.

I gave a friend who had something before all this was public. He's about 50 yrs old. Said he almost went to hospital twice. He said it sucked. But I still call the article fear mongering g and hard to prove
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 07:44 PM 06-29-2020
How many times did those people get a flu vaccine over the years?

Is the biology mingling?
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 08:04 PM 06-29-2020
What they don’t tell you about surviving COVID-19
'Recovered' doesn't mean healthy again
==========================

Fear fear fear fear fear fear
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 12:42 PM 06-30-2020
So I guess with the lack of comments, no one believes the article anyway
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up