ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump in ‘fragile’ mood and may drop out of 2020 race if poll numbers don’t improve
oaklandhater 02:35 PM 06-29-2020
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rce=reddit.com

Trump in ‘fragile’ mood and may drop out of 2020 race if poll numbers don’t improve, GOP insiders tell Fox News

Donald Trump may drop out of the 2020 presidential race if he believes he has no chance of winning, a Republican Party operative reportedly told Fox News.

The claim comes in a report in the president’s favourite news outlet that cites a number of GOP insiders who are concerned about Mr Trump’s re-election prospects amid abysmal polling numbers.

Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, currently holds an average lead of nine points over the incumbent, according to a tracker of 2020 polls by RealClearPolitics.

Crucially, Mr Trump has lost support from older white voters — typically a bedrock of support for the Republican Party and a group that was crucial to his narrow 2016 victory. Mr Trump is also trailing the former vice president in almost all the swing states.

“It’s too early, but if the polls continue to worsen, you can see a scenario where he drops out,” one anonymous GOP operative told Fox News.

Charles Gasparino, the author of the Fox News report, said in a series of tweets that he had spoken to “major players” in the Republican party for the story. One of them described Mr Trump’s mood as “fragile” as his chances of a second-term looked increasingly dim.

Another of the GOP sources cited in the report said of the likelihood that Mr Trump will drop out: “I’ve heard the talk but I doubt it’s true. My bet is, he drops if he believes there’s no way to win.”

Mr Trump has repeatedly hit out at polling that shows him far behind Mr Biden. Last month, he tweeted that Fox News “should fire their Fake Pollster. Never had a good Fox Poll!”

On Monday, he tweeted: "Sorry to inform the Do Nothing Democrats, but I am getting VERY GOOD internal Polling Numbers. Just like 2016, the @nytimes Polls are Fake! The @FoxNews Polls are a JOKE! Do you think they will apologize to me & their subscribers AGAIN when I WIN? People want LAW, ORDER & SAFETY!"

But polls from all polling organisations show Mr Trump consistently behind by similar margins. In particular, they have shown high levels of disapproval over the president’s handling of the coronavirus and mass protests calling for racial justice after the police killing of George Floyd.

A recent Washington Post-Ipsos poll found that 36 per cent of American adults approve of Trump’s handling of the protests, while 62 percent disapprove. A New York Times poll returned similar numbers.

The same New York Times-Siena College poll found 58 per cent of Americans disapprove of his handling of the coronavirus outbreak, while only 38 percent approve — the worst ratings since the crisis began.

The Trump campaign called reports that the president would consider dropping out “the granddaddy of fake news”.

“Everyone knows that media polling has always been wrong about President Trump –* they undersample Republicans and don’t screen for likely voters –* in order to set false narratives,” Trump campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh told Fox News.

“It won’t work. There was similar fretting in 2016 and if it had been accurate, Hillary Clinton would be in the White House right now.
[Reply]
Donger 02:53 PM 06-29-2020
I'm Donger, and I support this message.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:55 PM 06-29-2020
It's because of this shit the OP reads is why he's such a dipshit
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:59 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
how can you be so low iq?

When I look at #Antifa mug shots I’m struck by how ugly these people are. I wondered, why are they so full of rage? Then it hit me. They are protesting their own ugliness pic.twitter.com/RYjRuQVyG8

— Dinesh D'Souza (@DineshDSouza) June 28, 2020

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:01 PM 06-29-2020
Why would Trump quit? He'll continue building his brand without spending a dime of his own money, sleeping until noon, and golfing for a third of his term. Who would voluntarily give that up?
[Reply]
Pogue 03:08 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
It's because of this shit the OP reads is why he's such a dipshit
OP has the memory of a gnat. It’s a recycled headline.

From 2016 when the kuicks ran around with their hair on fire after the access Hollywood tape. (Which the left/never trumpers are STILL in disbelief that it didn’t take out trump.)

The media and establishment want me out of the race so badly - I WILL NEVER DROP OUT OF THE RACE, WILL NEVER LET MY SUPPORTERS DOWN! #MAGA

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 8, 2016

[Reply]
tyecopeland 03:17 PM 06-29-2020
Only post the 'news' huh OH?
[Reply]
MGRS13 03:20 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Has trump allowed Russia to put bounty’s on these people yet? Or does he save that for US troops only?
[Reply]
Donger 03:29 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pogue:
OP has the memory of a gnat. It’s a recycled headline.

From 2016 when the kuicks ran around with their hair on fire after the access Hollywood tape. (Which the left/never trumpers are STILL in disbelief that it didn’t take out trump.)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...sible-drop-out
[Reply]
fan4ever 03:34 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
:-) fits the narrative of my aunt screaming on face book about how americans should be ashamed that the media is trying to harass our president out of office.
She probably talks about her libtard nephew who lives in his parents basement too.
[Reply]
BanHam 03:36 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

[Reply]
fan4ever 03:37 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Should have said "losers". That's more on target.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:44 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
"GOP operatives" saying.... :-) :-)

How many times have we heard that?

More like some are trying to get him to drop out.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:55 PM 06-29-2020
75% of me believes that he is far too arrogant to ever admit that he's a failed president and drop out.

But maybe 25% of me believes that what he fears most is being labeled a loser so I could see him taking his ball and going home so that nobody could call him one.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:57 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
75% of me believes that he is far too arrogant to ever admit that he's a failed president and drop out.

But maybe 25% of me believes that what he fears most is being labeled a loser so I could see him taking his ball and going home so that nobody could call him one.
Then he'd be labeled a "quitter" which is just as bad—worse even. As in he couldn't face the music.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 03:57 PM 06-29-2020
He knows the country is in grave danger, a country he loves to DEATH. He will never step down, whether you like him or not.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up