ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Kansas State players announce boycott of program in wake of offensive social media po
BigRichard 01:40 PM 06-29-2020
Story from KState, I assumed this would have been posted already. I know I have seen it trending for a couple of days now.

Originally Posted by :

Kansas State players will not play, practice or meet until a student at the university is dismissed for a tweet posted earlier this week. Several Wildcats players, including sophomore all-purpose receiver Joshua Youngblood, posted an image on Twitter with a statement announcing the boycott on Saturday.

The boycott stems from a tweet posted by Kansas State student Jaden McNeil mocking the death of George Floyd. Floyd's death last month has spawned international protests that call for justice, social equality and an end to police brutality. Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin has been charged with second-degree murder in Floyd's death.

Kansas State released a statement on the boycott on Saturday evening.

"K-State Athletics, along with President [Richard] Myers and University leadership, respect and support our student-athletes in standing up in the fight against racism," the statement read. "At K-State we are a family and we will work together to make our campus community an even better place to call home."

Read More Here: https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...st-by-student/

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:46 PM 06-29-2020
God I hope K-State fucks around and expels him.

Take the mask off on the notion the majority of people believe in Constitutional rights because they clearly don't.
[Reply]
Bump 01:54 PM 06-29-2020
1 student made a joke on twitter, the entire staff and coaches tweeted a statement about it, students needed therapy. pathetic!
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:59 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
God I hope K-State fucks around and expels him.

Take the mask off on the notion the majority of people believe in Constitutional rights because they clearly don't.
I'd rather see the school keep its mouth shut, since it's already said too much. When the boycotters start missing organized team functions, pull their scholarships and kick them off the team.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:01 PM 06-29-2020
This public shaming is the prequel to getting rid of free speech. Like The Communist Party's shaming and public confessions called "struggles."
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:09 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I'd rather see the school keep its mouth shut, since it's already said too much. When the boycotters start missing organized team functions, pull their scholarships and kick them off the team.
This is correct. Next man up.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:19 PM 06-29-2020
that is crazy. I mean damn...
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:25 PM 06-29-2020
The Covid bullshit is going to keep them from doing any of that anyway.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:29 PM 06-29-2020
Whitlock is on fire lately
https://outkick.com/jaden-mcneil-the...-and-martyr-2/

Two days ago, no one had ever heard of Jaden McNeil, a student at Kansas State University. Today he’s a martyr with a burgeoning social media platform.

On June 25, McNeil tweeted a politically incorrect, insensitive joke about Minneapolis murder victim George Floyd being drug free the past month.

The tweet was a tree falling in the woods until Kansas State football players with actual relevant platforms in Manhattan, Kansas began tweeting that the university must take action against McNeil. The tweets of the football players condemning McNeil extended the reach of McNeil’s tweet, caught the attention of the media and eventually turned McNeil into a cause celebre and martyr for free-speech advocates and critics of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Kansas State president Richard Myers weighed in on the controversy Friday morning, vowing over Twitter: “The insensitive comments posted by one K-State student hurts our entire community. These divisive statements do not represent the values of our university. We condemn racism and bigotry in all its forms. We are launching an immediate review of the university’s options.”

This is the true definition of White Power. An inappropriate tweet from one white child can hurt an entire community? The irrational thought of one white person carries that much weight in America?

The people giving the tweet that level of importance are the true supporters of systemic anti-black racism. Those people just gave Jaden McNeil a platform from which to preach. He now has more than 28,000 Twitter followers. Conservative influencers are rallying in support of McNeil.

Jaden McNeil Matters.

Should he? Does his vilification and potential expulsion from Kansas State advance the cause of social justice? Or does it increase the racial divide?

I have little interest in defending McNeil. He claims to be a Christian on his Twitter bio. His tweet is inconsistent with the values of his faith. But I don’t place a high value on McNeil’s thoughts. They don’t hurt, threaten or offend me. They’re easily dismissed as the typical stupidity of a college kid.

Trust me, the students and administrators at K-State looking to remove McNeil from campus say and do stupid and inappropriate things, too.

When you take a step back and evaluate what’s really going on across college campuses as it relates to Black Lives Matter it’s all just a disingenuous athletic recruiting strategy.

The mayor of Tuscaloosa, Alabama told reporters this week that the absence of Alabama football in 2020 could cost the city as much as $2 billion. People have pushed back on that number, saying it’s exaggerated.

Regardless, small towns like Manhattan, Tuscaloosa and Durham, North Carolina have economies based on high-profile college football and basketball teams.

The reason every coach and university is shouting as loudly as possible that Black Lives Matter is because what they really mean is Black Football and Basketball Players Matter. Social media has convinced black athletes that support of BLM is a litmus test for bigotry.

Any coach who dares to stray from a BLM talking point risks demonization as a closet member of the KKK. Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski and Bama’s Nick Saban both have taped videos supporting BLM.

In order to protect its recruitment of black football and basketball players, Kansas State’s administration is looking for a way to publicly destroy Jaden McNeil.

McNeil will relish his infamy and martyrdom. Our racial divide will widen. And everyone will continue pretending that George Floyd’s lost life means a thousand times more than Mekhi James’ lost life.

Never heard of Mekhi James? Never seen a celebrity influencer reference Mekhi James when tweeting “Say His Name!?”

Google Mekhi James, just another three-year-old child caught in the random gang crossfire commonplace in major cities. His life apparently didn’t matter.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 02:38 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Whitlock is on fire lately
https://outkick.com/jaden-mcneil-the...-and-martyr-2/

Two days ago, no one had ever heard of Jaden McNeil, a student at Kansas State University. Today heís a martyr with a burgeoning social media platform.

On June 25, McNeil tweeted a politically incorrect, insensitive joke about Minneapolis murder victim George Floyd being drug free the past month.

The tweet was a tree falling in the woods until Kansas State football players with actual relevant platforms in Manhattan, Kansas began tweeting that the university must take action against McNeil. The tweets of the football players condemning McNeil extended the reach of McNeilís tweet, caught the attention of the media and eventually turned McNeil into a cause celebre and martyr for free-speech advocates and critics of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Kansas State president Richard Myers weighed in on the controversy Friday morning, vowing over Twitter: ďThe insensitive comments posted by one K-State student hurts our entire community. These divisive statements do not represent the values of our university. We condemn racism and bigotry in all its forms. We are launching an immediate review of the universityís options.Ē

This is the true definition of White Power. An inappropriate tweet from one white child can hurt an entire community? The irrational thought of one white person carries that much weight in America?

The people giving the tweet that level of importance are the true supporters of systemic anti-black racism. Those people just gave Jaden McNeil a platform from which to preach. He now has more than 28,000 Twitter followers. Conservative influencers are rallying in support of McNeil.

Jaden McNeil Matters.

Should he? Does his vilification and potential expulsion from Kansas State advance the cause of social justice? Or does it increase the racial divide?

I have little interest in defending McNeil. He claims to be a Christian on his Twitter bio. His tweet is inconsistent with the values of his faith. But I donít place a high value on McNeilís thoughts. They donít hurt, threaten or offend me. Theyíre easily dismissed as the typical stupidity of a college kid.

Trust me, the students and administrators at K-State looking to remove McNeil from campus say and do stupid and inappropriate things, too.

When you take a step back and evaluate whatís really going on across college campuses as it relates to Black Lives Matter itís all just a disingenuous athletic recruiting strategy.

The mayor of Tuscaloosa, Alabama told reporters this week that the absence of Alabama football in 2020 could cost the city as much as $2 billion. People have pushed back on that number, saying itís exaggerated.

Regardless, small towns like Manhattan, Tuscaloosa and Durham, North Carolina have economies based on high-profile college football and basketball teams.

The reason every coach and university is shouting as loudly as possible that Black Lives Matter is because what they really mean is Black Football and Basketball Players Matter. Social media has convinced black athletes that support of BLM is a litmus test for bigotry.

Any coach who dares to stray from a BLM talking point risks demonization as a closet member of the KKK. Dukeís Mike Krzyzewski and Bamaís Nick Saban both have taped videos supporting BLM.

In order to protect its recruitment of black football and basketball players, Kansas Stateís administration is looking for a way to publicly destroy Jaden McNeil.

McNeil will relish his infamy and martyrdom. Our racial divide will widen. And everyone will continue pretending that George Floydís lost life means a thousand times more than Mekhi Jamesí lost life.

Never heard of Mekhi James? Never seen a celebrity influencer reference Mekhi James when tweeting ďSay His Name!?Ē

Google Mekhi James, just another three-year-old child caught in the random gang crossfire commonplace in major cities. His life apparently didnít matter.
Not really what I would expect from Fatlock on this issue. Iím impressed.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:45 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Not really what I would expect from Fatlock on this issue. Iím impressed.
Here is the story before this one:
https://outkick.com/jack-dorsey-is-t...n-in-football/
[Reply]
vailpass 02:54 PM 06-29-2020
Fuck it. Cancel athletics until the whining stops.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:54 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Kansas State president Richard Myers:

Kansas State president Richard Myers weighed in on the controversy Friday morning, vowing over Twitter: “The humorous comments posted by one K-State student hurts our entire snowflake community. These amusing statements do not represent the values of our university. We condemn comedy in all its forms. We are launching an immediate review of the university’s options.”
Polished it up for you free of charge, Dick.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 02:55 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Here is the story before this one:
https://outkick.com/jack-dorsey-is-t...n-in-football/
Pretty spot on.

One has to think that at some point in time there has to be some sort of natural correction come about and reason and common sense start to take charge again. Iím not sure what depths of insanity we are going to have to sink to before it happens, or if it will be in time but, eventually the pendulum has swing back the other way.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:02 PM 06-29-2020
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332078
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up