ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
The Lounge>So Akrum Wadley says unflattering things about his time at Iowa
Mecca 12:08 PM 06-29-2020

Statement from Akrum Wadley about his time in the Iowa Football program via the Facebook page of Pre-Postgame CEO Robert T Green. Post also includes screen grabs of electronic communications with staff members Broderick Binns and Chris Whitehttps://t.co/Mk8N8nSbeP pic.twitter.com/8oMtXqNqDx

— Rob Howe (@RobHoweHN) June 29, 2020


If you don't want to read all that the basis of it is...

Wadley states Brian Ferentz called him a “dumb mother fucker” while on his way to take an exam.

Wadley also states Kirk Ferentz gave him note cards on what to say in press conferences. He also states he turned to alcohol to cope with the constant put downs by the coaching staff. He also states Kirk Ferentz threatened to take away his meal card. Kirk followed through on this and Wadley had to call his mom to get a Domino’s pizza.

Wadley states Brian Ferentz wanted someone on the OLine to injure Reggie Spearman because he hated him and wished he wasn’t there.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:13 PM 06-29-2020
Ferentz and Belicheat are Butt buddies. This doesn’t surprise me.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:14 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Ferentz and Belicheat are Butt buddies. This doesn’t surprise me.
Dude that comes off the worst in that story is Brian Ferentz and he seems to have a history of being a shithead.
[Reply]
BDj23 12:17 PM 06-29-2020
Wasn't Kirk Ferentz always rumored to be a candidate for the Chiefs HC position, before we got Andy?

God, dodged a bullet there.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:20 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Wasn't Kirk Ferentz always rumored to be a candidate for the Chiefs HC position, before we got Andy?

God, dodged a bullet there.
Apparently there's a big story from that program in general few weeks ago that I missed......guess that program is about to burn down.
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:24 PM 06-29-2020
Imagine my surprise to learn that coaches at a high level are hard on their athletes...

I don't buy that any of this is racial, and I've heard far worse accounts from some other programs/sports. Coaches say some pretty terrible shit to white kids to get them to leave their scholarship for the next improvement.

A few weeks ago there was a press conference and I kept hearing that there were accusations but no specifics. When it came out, I got the impression that coaches didn't give the players all of the freedom to "express themselves" as much as they wanted. I guess some of it would depend on context and perception. If you're not used to getting red-assed for mistakes, you're going to take it harder than someone who has been parented/coached hard before.

If Wadley hated it so much, why did he try to get Iowa to recruit his brother?
[Reply]
BDj23 12:25 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Apparently there's a big story from that program in general few weeks ago that I missed......guess that program is about to burn down.
Yeah I seem to recall hearing something about that too, although I don't care at all about Iowa football.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:28 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Wasn't Kirk Ferentz always rumored to be a candidate for the Chiefs HC position, before we got Andy?

God, dodged a bullet there.
KF was rumored a lot 2003 for a lot of positions. He quit looking at the NFL after that.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:30 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Imagine my surprise to learn that coaches at a high level are hard on their athletes...

I don't buy that any of this is racial, and I've heard far worse accounts from some other programs/sports. Coaches say some pretty terrible shit to white kids to get them to leave their scholarship for the next improvement.

A few weeks ago there was a press conference and I kept hearing that there were accusations but no specifics. When it came out, I got the impression that coaches didn't give the players all of the freedom to "express themselves" as much as they wanted. I guess some of it would depend on context and perception. If you're not used to getting red-assed for mistakes, you're going to take it harder than someone who has been parented/coached hard before.

If Wadley hated it so much, why did he try to get Iowa to recruit his brother?
https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ithin-program/

Thinking these were what this was about...

There are too many racial disparities in the Iowa football program. Black players have been treated unfairly for far too long.

— James Daniels (@jamsdans) June 6, 2020


pic.twitter.com/Wn25Td7gpz

— Emmanuel Rugamba (@BooRadd_) June 6, 2020


I got so many stories I can talk about and experiences I had and other teammates but this was one of them. pic.twitter.com/CfK3Ss1TcM

— Akrum Wadley (@akrum_wadley) June 6, 2020


Akrum Wadley's Mom. pic.twitter.com/CSrn4NcLTC

— Rob Howe (@RobHoweHN) June 7, 2020


pic.twitter.com/pmvKsUETXx

— Jack Kallenberger (@jack_kall1) June 7, 2020



Yea some of those stories come off far worse than just they were being hard on them....
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:31 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dude that comes off the worst in that story is Brian Ferentz and he seems to have a history of being a shithead.
He is a complete POS. There is no question about that.

I'll let you all figure out why he wasn't given his walking papers like Doyle.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:33 PM 06-29-2020
tear down his statue
[Reply]
BossChief 12:55 PM 06-29-2020
Kinda sounds like a pussy.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 01:13 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ithin-program/

Thinking these were what this was about...












Yea some of those stories come off far worse than just they were being hard on them....
Reading Kallenberger's post on why he quit is pretty infuriating to read. Especially having a couple of people in my family that deal with ADHD...
[Reply]
BWillie 01:23 PM 06-29-2020
Being a shithead to a white person isnt racist. Being a shithead to a black person is automatically racist. The focus should be coaches being shitheads. I've heard far worse from coaches when I played ball in high school. Granted that was 17 or 18 years ago, and Im glad coaches are becoming more player friendly but everything isn't automatically racist.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:30 PM 06-29-2020
Not a surprise. Fuck Iowa.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up