ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>NYT Reddit bans the_donald
oaklandhater 11:30 AM 06-29-2020
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/t...te-speech.html

The influential pro-Trump community broke the rules on harassment and targeting, said Reddit, which also banned other groups.

Reddit, one of the largest social networking and message board websites, on Monday banned its biggest community devoted to President Trump as part of an overhaul of its hate speech policies.

The community or “subreddit,” called “The_Donald,” is home to more than 790,000 users who post memes, viral videos and supportive messages about Mr. Trump. Reddit executives said the group, which has been highly influential in cultivating and stoking Mr. Trump’s online base, had consistently broken its rules by allowing people to target and harass others with hate speech.

“Reddit is a place for community and belonging, not for attacking people,” Steve Huffman, the company’s chief executive, said in a call with reporters. “‘The_Donald’ has been in violation of that.”

Reddit said it was also banning roughly 2,000 other communities from across the political spectrum, including one devoted to the leftist podcasting group “Chapo Trap House,” which has about 160,000 regular users. The vast majority of the forums that are being banned are inactive.

“The_Donald,” which has been a digital foundation for Mr. Trump’s supporters, is by far the most active and prominent community that Reddit decided to act against. For years, many of the most viral Trump memes that broke through to Facebook, Twitter and elsewhere could be traced back to “The_Donald.” One video, “The Trump Effect,” originated on “The_Donald” in mid-2016 before bubbling up to Mr. Trump, who tweeted it to his 83 million followers.

Social media sites are facing a reckoning over the types of content they host and their responsibilities to moderate and police that content. While Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit and others originally positioned themselves as neutral sites that simply hosted people’s posts and videos, users are now pushing them to take steps against hateful, abusive and false speech on their platforms.
[Reply]
backinblack 11:44 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:

Who knows? Their website, their call.
so why should it be news?

Banning The_Donald right now is as meaningless as Hulu pulling down 30 year old episodes of "The Golden Girls" for alleged blackface.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:45 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Sure lets end the protections from Congress and we agree
Let's get rid of legal protections for all industries.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:46 AM 06-29-2020
Let's get rid of legal protections for all industries.
God damn, this feel icky agreeing with you.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:48 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Keep taking away freedoms from citizens. It will do nothing but make Trump’s re-election campaign stronger
I don't really think reddit has much to do with your freedums.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:49 AM 06-29-2020
I suggest we censor Adolf on here and see how he likes it
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:53 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I suggest we censor Adolf on here and see how he likes it
I wouldn't cry like a little bitch and threaten to file a lawsuit.

Besides, I'm already censored every time I type the word fuck.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:55 AM 06-29-2020
I wouldn't cry like a little bitch and threaten to file a lawsuit.

Besides, I'm already censored every time I type the word ****.
LIE.

You cry like a little bitch every day you're on here
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:56 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
LIE.

You cry like a little bitch every day you're on here
You just cried more in that one reply than I have in the entire time I've been on this forum.
[Reply]
BDj23 12:07 PM 06-29-2020
They also banned your echo chamber Oaktard.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 12:08 PM 06-29-2020

[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:12 PM 06-29-2020
reddit is ghey. Used to love it.
[Reply]
Pogue 12:22 PM 06-29-2020
Just a PR attempt by reddit to show their lefty users they won’t stand for Trump.

Problem is, nobody has been on The Donald subreddit for months now, they all migrated to TheDonald.win

Dumbasses.
[Reply]
BDj23 12:30 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Just a PR attempt by reddit to show their lefty users they won’t stand for Trump.

Problem is, nobody has been on The Donald subreddit for months now, they all migrated to TheDonald.win

Dumbasses.
They whacked r/chapotraphouse too
[Reply]
sully1983 12:32 PM 06-29-2020
Good lord liberals are such snowflakes
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:36 PM 06-29-2020
Don't forget you can also follow The Donald on twitter.

You can't silence us, oaklandfarter...we are legion.

Reddit vs https://t.co/ZRH4otOEU6 past 90 days �� pic.twitter.com/BQNNT8nQ1D

— TheDonald.win (@thedonaldreddit) June 29, 2020

[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up