ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Houston Hospital Boss Shatters Media’s COVID Fearmongering
BucEyedPea 10:25 AM 06-29-2020
"Only About 3 Or 4 More People In ICU"

Houston Methodist CEO Dr. Marc Boom told CNBC on Monday that the demographics of the outbreak have “flipped” and that the mostly-younger people arriving in the state’s hospitals often don’t require ICU beds, even though many do get very sick...

Additionally, as CNBC reports, Boom says Houston Methodist has the necessary capacity to handle the Covid-19 outbreak, echoing similar comments on CNBC Friday from Dr. David Callender, CEO of Memorial Hermann Health System in Houston.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/29/hous...ng-people.html

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ho...ore-people-icu

And wouldn't ya' know it was younger people out in crowds protesting and not social distancing. Then there's those who went to bars where there was no social distancing.

This matches what that epidemiologist said on the Ingraham Angle. The acuity of the virus is less than it was as it mutates.
[Reply]
Cosmos 10:39 AM 06-29-2020
But...Trumpy Politics.

Don’t like the facts, try and change them.

Until you get caught.

######

On Sunday, the Texas Medical Center (TMC) in Houston, the largest medical complex in the world, scrubbed data from its website showing how beds in its intensive care units were at capacity, along with other data about coronavirus infections in the state.

The move came as the area is experiencing a surge in coronavirus cases, and hospitals around the state are scrambling to increase their ICU capacities.

According to the Houston Chronicle, the data was deleted from the website after a conversation between hospital administrators and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, who expressed displeasure at the metrics on the website. Most of the charts with hospital data were restored and modified after the Chronicle story ran.

The TMC had no empty ICU beds by Thursday, KHOU 11, a local media outlet, reported. Its ICU capacity is usually between 70% and 80% of its total stock.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...cu-data-2020-6
[Reply]
Donger 10:41 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
But...Trumpy Politics.

Don’t like the facts, try and change them.

Until you get caught.

######

On Sunday, the Texas Medical Center (TMC) in Houston, the largest medical complex in the world, scrubbed data from its website showing how beds in its intensive care units were at capacity, along with other data about coronavirus infections in the state.

The move came as the area is experiencing a surge in coronavirus cases, and hospitals around the state are scrambling to increase their ICU capacities.

According to the Houston Chronicle, the data was deleted from the website after a conversation between hospital administrators and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, who expressed displeasure at the metrics on the website. Most of the charts with hospital data were restored and modified after the Chronicle story ran.

The TMC had no empty ICU beds by Thursday, KHOU 11, a local media outlet, reported. Its ICU capacity is usually between 70% and 80% of its total stock.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...cu-data-2020-6
If accurate, that's completely unacceptable.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:41 AM 06-29-2020
Looks like Texas ISN'T turning blue now, mwa haha.

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
[Reply]
Donger 10:44 AM 06-29-2020
In a statement today on their website the TMC said: “Yesterday, the Texas Medical center posted an incomplete slide deck in order to allow time to fully develop a number of new slides. The new slides as well as a number of updated slides that were absent yesterday will be released later today. Collectively, the will provide a more comprehensive and accurate description of the current status.”

The new slides not showing much change in hospitalizations though. The TMC ICU beds are at 93% capacity with 31% of those identified as COVID-19 patients. The new information does reveal that the medical centers have the ability to handle another 877 cases or more if needed.

According to the website, they would be accommodated by moving patients into converted rooms.

For a closer look at the numbers, you can visit www.tmc.edu.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:50 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Looks like Texas ISN'T turning blue now, mwa haha.

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
And many young people, millennials, are the ones getting it now. They're the commie-loving demographic. Maybe they'll bet too scared to vote or too sick to vote.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:52 AM 06-29-2020
You'd think Zerohedge.com would be a little more careful with hedged numbers.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:53 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
And many young people, millennials, are the ones getting it now. They're the commie-loving demographic. Maybe they'll bet too scared to vote or too sick to vote.
So if you think young people are commies then what do you forsee as the America future?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:58 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
You'd think Zerohedge.com would be a little more careful with hedged numbers.
Apparently you don't know they're a news aggregator and comment on it because you missed the original link to another source—cNBC.
There's also a video of the doctor in the link, if you need to hear it in his own words.

Your tap out is noted, though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:03 AM 06-29-2020
People are getting sick and NOT DYING!!!!!!!!!!!

LOCK THE COUNTRY DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:04 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Apparently you don't know they're a news aggregator and comment on it because you missed the original link to another source—cNBC.
There's also a video of the doctor in the link, if you need to hear it in his own words.

Your tap out is noted, though.
I didn't click the link and I've never visited the website. But the name of the website and the content of this article were pretty funny once the real story was fleshed out in like 2 minutes by other people.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:05 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I didn't click the link and I've never visited the website. But the name of the website and the content of this article were pretty funny once the real story was fleshed out in like 2 minutes by other people.
Only reading the Lying Scum Mainstream Media makes someone think that. Mediots are ignorant. ZH has been linked and quoted in this forum regularly by conservatives, is linked and quoted by other conservative and libertarian right sources. Time for you to return to the Kool-Aid thread in the Lounge.
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:06 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
People are getting sick and NOT DYING!!!!!!!!!!!

LOCK THE COUNTRY DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
More getting sick, less dying. That Cuomo death count is getting more watered down by the day.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:10 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
ZH has been linked and quoted in this forum regularly by conservatives, is linked and quoted by other conservative and libertarian right sources.
^


[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:11 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So if you think young people are commies then what do you forsee as the America future?
A bloody Bolshevik revolution.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up