ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>SCOTUS Strikes Down LA Abortion Ban
RodeoPants2 09:16 AM 06-29-2020
Remember when Susan Collins believed Kavanaugh when he said Roe was settled law?


Originally Posted by :
Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. joined the court’s liberals in striking down the law, saying it was required by the court’s decision overturning a Texas law in 2016.
“The legal doctrine of stare decisis requires us, absent special circumstances, to treat like cases alike,” Roberts wrote in concurring with the decision. “The Louisiana law imposes a burden on access to abortion just as severe as that imposed by the Texas law, for the same reasons. Therefore Louisiana’s law cannot stand under our precedents.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...4c6_story.html
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:16 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's just an aspect of this that no one talks about, you can't force people to take responsibility or just not get pregnant that would be like saying the mentally ill gunman should take a good look into the mirror before he kills our children in the next school shooting.

You are talking about adding a huge load of kids to a system people already don't want to pay for, it's super easy to be pro-life when that isn't an issue that directly affects you.
Its almost like there was a time this country was doing just fine without 1MM abortions a year being used as mainly birth control.

Your idea that we just cant do anything different shows just how lazy you are mentally and probably physically.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:19 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's just an aspect of this that no one talks about, you can't force people to take responsibility or just not get pregnant that would be like saying the mentally ill gunman should take a good look into the mirror before he kills our children in the next school shooting.

You are talking about adding a huge load of kids to a system people already don't want to pay for, it's super easy to be pro-life when that isn't an issue that directly affects you.
It's called families including extended families. They'd have to pay for them. Extended families too. It's the smallest governing unit in society and it has a role to play. But our culture incentivizes less responsible behavior and not just on this topic.

Not wanting to pay for someone isn't exactly a justification for killing them. It's what you are arguing. You must have loved Cuomo murdering elderly during Covid. Those folks with their Medicare and SS cost govts money too.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 03:21 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Yep Roberts might as well just said "I am sick of hearing abortion cases, I do not want to overrule one because then there would be a lot of new abortion laws and lawsuits and i don't want to hear anymore abortion cases"
Wrong. Robert's is now an abortion fan. Would love to rule against it, as he already has.

He just isnt so partisian as to go against a recent court case of the very same nature.

He'd love for the "right" case to come his way to outlaw abortion.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:21 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
They do, because they make all human life unsafe, because we can be deemed "useless eaters."
That's just some made up nonsense without any basis in reality. No amount of abortions will negatively impact my life.

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Now we see, Democrats defending post birth abortion being legal.
This is an oft-used Republican strawman.

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The whole culture of death has advanced ever since. Even in Holland the doctors now get to decide who pulls the plug on an elderly person.
So now I'm supposed to care what happens in Holland? I don't. The "Culture of death" might sound scary, but it isn't a thing.

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Cuomo and many other Blue cities and states murdered the elderly in nursing homes during Covid—which accounts for nearly half the deaths from it.
Lies, and really dumb ones at that.

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Culture of death affects all of us. This is the same thinking you and your ilk use to defend mandatory mask wearing.
There is no culture of death. That's probably why it has zero effect on me.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 03:21 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
That’s idiotic.
Nice Reply JPB. Let me know when you can actually argue against it. I'll wait.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:23 PM 06-29-2020
Mr. Down the Middle showing, once again, that his version of right down the middle is well to the left of the actual middle.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:23 PM 06-29-2020
None of Mecca's arguments gain or lose potency at birth.

If there are all these problems, and eliminating nuisances is a viable solution, why is there any time limit?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:26 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
That's just some made up nonsense without any basis in reality. No amount of abortions will negatively impact my life.
You don't know that.




Originally Posted by :
This is an oft-used Republican strawman.
No it's not. It is a fact that Democrats have defended that.

Originally Posted by :
So now I'm supposed to care what happens in Holland? I don't. The "Culture of death" might sound scary, but it isn't a thing.
No, it's where such ideas lead and that is evidence of it in the western world.


Originally Posted by :
Lies, and really dumb ones at that.
Facts.
You don't have to take my word for it, it's out there. You can look it up.


Originally Posted by :
There is no culture of death. That's probably why it has zero effect on me.
It surrounds you. You're just oblivious to it.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:28 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
None of Mecca's arguments gain or lose potency at birth.

If there are all these problems, and eliminating nuisances is a viable solution, why is there any time limit?
He's making the same argument the Nazis made regarding human lives being "useless eaters." They're not better than flies, so swat them.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:34 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
You don't know that.






No it's not. It is a fact that Democrats have defended that.


No, it's where such ideas lead and that is evidence of it in the western world.



Facts.
You don't have to take my word for it, it's out there. You can look it up.



It surrounds you. You're just oblivious to it.
You could've saved time and just said "Nuh-UH!"
[Reply]
patteeu 03:37 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Louisiana says, if you're going to perform abortions, you need to have admitting privileges at a local hospital, in case the patient needs to be hospitalized as a result of the procedure.

The plaintiff in the lawsuit claims, and apparently proved, that a patient who needs post-abortion hospital care will not be affected by the admitting privileges or lack of admitting privileges of the doctor who performed the abortion.

Appears to be an end run around Roe, just like the prior Texas law.
Is it a major burden for abortionists to get admitting privileges?
[Reply]
patteeu 03:39 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Nice Reply JPB. Let me know when you can actually argue against it. I'll wait.
Ok. Get comfortable.
[Reply]
Shields68 03:40 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Maybe he voted the way he did because the law at issue lacks any rational basis. It's not a ban on abortion. It's a requirement that doctors performing them have admitting privileges.
I think everyone was of the opinion, even Roberts, that they addressed the same case 4 years ago at that time he was in the minority opinion that these laws should be upheld. But did not want to overturn that case or give a similar opinion. His concurring opinion is that there needs to be Stare Decisis and that is why he voted the way he did. Which is saying there needs to be settled law in this area so these cases do not keep coming before this court.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:43 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Is it a major burden for abortionists to get admitting privileges?
Yea I am not understanding why this is such a major hurdle.
[Reply]
Shields68 03:46 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Wrong. Robert's is now an abortion fan. Would love to rule against it, as he already has.

He just isnt so partisian as to go against a recent court case of the very same nature.

He'd love for the "right" case to come his way to outlaw abortion.
That makes absolutely no sense. There is no outlawing abortion if your not willing to overturn precedent in the area of abortion laws.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up