ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>SCOTUS Strikes Down LA Abortion Ban
RodeoPants2 09:16 AM 06-29-2020
Remember when Susan Collins believed Kavanaugh when he said Roe was settled law?


Originally Posted by :
Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. joined the court’s liberals in striking down the law, saying it was required by the court’s decision overturning a Texas law in 2016.
“The legal doctrine of stare decisis requires us, absent special circumstances, to treat like cases alike,” Roberts wrote in concurring with the decision. “The Louisiana law imposes a burden on access to abortion just as severe as that imposed by the Texas law, for the same reasons. Therefore Louisiana’s law cannot stand under our precedents.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...4c6_story.html
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:57 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
At this point isn't abortion really just a personal choice, the shit has been legal for 40 years, can we move on yet?
Wearing a mask a personal choice too.
Ya' know the ole "my body, my choice" slogan abortioneers love to use.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:58 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Wearing a mask a personal choice too.
Ya' know the ole "my body, my choice" slogan abortioneers love to use.
Having a baby sucked out of you doesn't put anyone else at personal risk does it?
[Reply]
patteeu 03:01 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
What do you think about the actual law at issue? It doesn't appear to have any rationality behind it, and looks like just an end run around Roe.
I don’t know what LA’s argument is, but I doubt that I’d agree it lacked a rational basis. In any event, what this says about Roberts is my bigger concern.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:01 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Having a baby sucked out of you doesn't put anyone else at personal risk does it?
The baby?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:02 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Ideology is more important that human life to you...good little Nazi! :-)
No an ideology that is believed by the biggest mass murderers in the history of the world.

Nice to see how you'd allow Pol Pot to keep his life. Meanwhile, 100's of millions lives that died are okay to you.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:03 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
The baby?
But see it doesn't count till it's born.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:04 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
At this point isn't abortion really just a personal choice, the shit has been legal for 40 years, can we move on yet?
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Having a baby sucked out of you doesn't put anyone else at personal risk does it?
Originally Posted by patteeu:
The baby?
Originally Posted by Mecca:
But see it doesn't count till it's born.

Seems obvious that a problem remains, even beyond the legal shenanigans. And, Mecca, a lot of things "has been legal for 40 years". Could you, for example, show us all of your howls of protests against, say, the court's recent spate of interventions into the issue of homosexuality and its legal issues?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:05 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
No an ideology that is believed by the biggest mass murderers in the history of the world.

Nice to see how you'd allow Pol Pot to keep his life. Meanwhile, 100's of millions lives that died are okay to you.
Guess how much those millions of abortions have affected my life? Not one bit. I say abort all you want, we'll make more.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:06 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
This case converted me to your side.
Time to see what dirt it was that Obama dug up on him to use should Roberts declare AC unConstitutional.

If he really did adopt his two Irish children illegally, then perhaps he can be impeached?

I hear Roberts is an anti-Trumper but not sure if true.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:09 PM 06-29-2020
Our Federal government can't process or care for the 510,000 illegal immigrants that cross our southern boarder each year. What plans do we have in place for the 650,000 children aborted each year? Haven't seen much in a care system for those unwanted children.

There's only 135,000 adopted children in America a year. 40,000 of those children are from overseas. I'm curious to what the Pro-life advocates have in mind. Thats 5 million unwanted children in 10 years. Or is this a farm system for human trafficking?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:10 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Guess how much those millions of abortions have affected my life? Not one bit. I say abort all you want, we'll make more.
They do, because they make all human life unsafe, because we can be deemed "useless eaters."

Now we see, Democrats defending post birth abortion being legal.

The whole culture of death has advanced ever since. Even in Holland the doctors now get to decide who pulls the plug on an elderly person. Cuomo and many other Blue cities and states murdered the elderly in nursing homes during Covid—which accounts for nearly half the deaths from it.

Culture of death affects all of us. This is the same thinking you and your ilk use to defend mandatory mask wearing.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:10 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I don’t know what LA’s argument is, but I doubt that I’d agree it lacked a rational basis. In any event, what this says about Roberts is my bigger concern.
Louisiana says, if you're going to perform abortions, you need to have admitting privileges at a local hospital, in case the patient needs to be hospitalized as a result of the procedure.

The plaintiff in the lawsuit claims, and apparently proved, that a patient who needs post-abortion hospital care will not be affected by the admitting privileges or lack of admitting privileges of the doctor who performed the abortion.

Appears to be an end run around Roe, just like the prior Texas law.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:11 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Our Federal government can't process or care for the 510,000 illegal immigrants that cross our southern boarder each year. What plans do we have in place for the 650,000 children aborted each year? Haven't seen much in a care system for those unwanted children.

There's only 135,000 adopted children in America a year. 40,000 of those children are from overseas. I'm curious to what the Pro-life advocates have in mind. Thats 5 million unwanted children in 10 years. Or is this a farm system for human trafficking?
We could execute one senior citizen for every child born.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:12 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
We could execute one senior citizen for every child born.
It's just an aspect of this that no one talks about, you can't force people to take responsibility or just not get pregnant that would be like saying the mentally ill gunman should take a good look into the mirror before he kills our children in the next school shooting.

You are talking about adding a huge load of kids to a system people already don't want to pay for, it's super easy to be pro-life when that isn't an issue that directly affects you.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:15 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Our Federal government can't process or care for the 510,000 illegal immigrants that cross our southern boarder each year. What plans do we have in place for the 650,000 children aborted each year? Haven't seen much in a care system for those unwanted children.

There's only 135,000 adopted children in America a year. 40,000 of those children are from overseas.
Not sure your numbers are correct. Do you have a source for them?

Because many people who can't have children, now have to go outside the United States to find children to adopt because there aren't enough in the US. More single women are adopting and some gays adopt too.



Originally Posted by :
I'm curious to what the Pro-life advocates have in mind. Thats 5 million unwanted children in 10 years. Or is this a farm system for human trafficking?
Conservatives don't believe in central planning by the state for such things. Nor is it the central govt's authority to have such a plan. This is a local and state issue. It would however create incentives to be less promiscuous or use proper protection. You get more of what you fund after all.

We're getting off track about masks. I was just pointing out, how your arguments for mandated masks are not different than the "My Body, My choice" claim.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up