ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump Faces Mounting Defections From Older White Voters
Eleazar 11:36 PM 06-28-2020
Trump Faces Mounting Defections From a Once-Loyal Group: Older White Voters

By Alexander Burns and Katie Glueck

No Democrat has won or broken even with voters over 65 in two decades. But seniors’ dismay about President Trump could change that.

Clifford Wagner, an 80-year-old Republican in Tucson, Ariz., never cared for President Trump.

He supported Jeb Bush in the 2016 presidential primary race and cast a protest vote in the general election for Gary Johnson, the Libertarian nominee. An Air Force veteran, Mr. Wagner described the Trump presidency as a mortifying experience: His friends in Europe and Japan tell him the United States has become “the laughingstock of the world.”

This year, Mr. Wagner said he would register his opposition to Mr. Trump more emphatically than he did in 2016. He plans to vote for Joseph R. Biden Jr., the presumptive Democratic nominee, and hopes the election is a ruinous one for the Republican Party.

“I’m a Christian, and I do not believe in the hateful, racist, bigoted speech that the president uses,” Mr. Wagner said, adding, “As much as I never thought I’d say this, I hope we get a Democratic president, a Democratic-controlled Senate and maintain a Democratic-controlled House.”

Mr. Wagner is part of one of the most important maverick voting groups in the 2020 general election: conservative-leaning seniors who have soured on the Republican Party over the past four years.

Republican presidential candidates typically carry older voters by solid margins, and in his first campaign Mr. Trump bested Hillary Clinton by seven percentage points with voters over 65. He won white seniors by nearly triple that margin.

Today, Mr. Trump and Mr. Biden are tied among seniors, according to a poll of registered voters conducted by The New York Times and Siena College. And in the six most important battleground states, Mr. Biden has established a clear upper hand, leading Mr. Trump by six percentage points among the oldest voters and nearly matching the president’s support among whites in that age group.

That is no small advantage for Mr. Biden, the former vice president, given the prevalence of retirement communities in a few of those crucial states, including Arizona and Florida.
Spoiler!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/28/u...ronavirus.html
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:36 AM 06-29-2020
If Trump wins, it's no great accomplishment. He's the incumbent, facing a shitty opponent.

If Trump somehow manages to lose, it's a Lin Elliott-style chokejob for the ages.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:36 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
A moderate third party would win this election
If only that were true....

I thought the last election would be rallying call for a TRUE 3rd Party Candidate, yet we here we are with the Orange Buffoon and Creepy Granpuh Joe.

YAY US!!!
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:37 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:

I thought the last election would be rallying call for a TRUE 3rd Party Candidate, yet we here we are with the Orange Buffoon and Creepy Granpuh Joe.

YAY US!!!
I know, how is it we have 300 million people to choose from and we get these two idiots?
[Reply]
VAChief 08:37 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Incorrectly used apostrophes are a sure sign that something was written by a moron. In this case, two of them in one tweet. :-)
Well he uses the vocabulary of a fourth grader, it would follow that the grammar skills would align accordingly.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-fire-...s-obama-774169
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 08:42 AM 06-29-2020
Old people want more of what the DemonicRats are giving!

:-)

CHICAGO (WLS) -- For a second straight weekend, violence in Chicago has impacted the lives of dozens of people. According to Chicago police, 61 people were shot and 15 were killed between 6 p.m. Friday and 11:59 p.m. Sunday. Three of those fatal shootings victims were minors, police said.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:44 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I know, how is it we have 300 million people to choose from and we get these two idiots?
It's my fault

I think I pissed off the Political Gods when I voted for McCain/Palin in 2008.....
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:50 AM 06-29-2020
Wait, so the proof is that people who voted for someone other than Trump last time are going to vote for someone other than Trump this time?

I didn't vote for him last time either and not voting for Trump in 2020.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 08:51 AM 06-29-2020

[Reply]
ChiTown 08:53 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Wait, so the proof is that people who voted for someone other than Trump last time are going to vote for someone other than Trump this time?

I didn't vote for him last time either and not voting for Trump in 2020.

[Reply]
Merde Furieux 08:53 AM 06-29-2020
Video: Black Lives Matter protestors demand that Target stop calling the police on shoplifters
Wordpress ^ | June 29, 2020 | Dan from Squirrel Hill
Posted on 6/29/2020, 12:37:54 AM by grundle

Video: Black Lives Matter protestors demand that Target stop calling the police on shoplifters

https://twitter.com/livesmattershow/...40059099820035
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:54 AM 06-29-2020
NYT poll, nuff said
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 09:07 AM 06-29-2020
Yeah, they'll be flocking to vote for Sleepy Joe!

https://www.fredericksburg.com/watch...373c1cc4e.html
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:30 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Never before in our nation's history has it been crying out so desperately for an effective third party...
Jesse Ventura is not that person.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:32 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:

YAY US!!!
Maybe it will happen if those dumb fucking libertarians would go away. They give every other 3rd party option a bad name.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:32 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
Wordpress ^ | June 29, 2020 | Dan from Squirrel Hill
Posted on 6/29/2020, 12:37:54 AM by grundle

https://twitter.com/livesmattershow/...40059099820035
of course
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up