ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 28
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>NYT: Putin paid bounty on US soldiers. Trump briefed MONTHS AGO
Cosmos 07:58 PM 06-26-2020
Reportedly, Trump has known since MARCH, and was provided options to penalize Putin.....WTF????

Russia reportedly paid Taliban-linked militants bounty money to kill American troops

#####

US intelligence officials assessed that Russia's military intelligence agency paid bounties to Taliban-linked militants to kill NATO troops in Afghanistan — which include American forces, according to a New York Times report on Friday.

US officials discovered information about the bounties earlier this year. Some of the bounty money was collected by either Islamist militants or those associated with them, The Times reported.

In 2019, 17 US troops were killed in combat in Afghanistan, according to the Defense Department.

President Donald Trump was briefed of the intelligence assessment, but the White House has yet to respond to it, The Times' sources said. The National Security Council had developed plans to address the report as early as March — plans that included making diplomatic complaints or sanctions, according to The Times.

LINK
https://news.yahoo.com/russia-report...212920460.html
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:48 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Has the right even come up with a defense of this or are y’all just gonna whine and stamp your feet as per usual
I assume they'll plead ignorance.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:00 PM 06-28-2020
Has the right even come up with a defense of this or are y’all just gonna whine and stamp your feet as per usual
Ironic post is fucking ironic
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:27 PM 06-28-2020
I'm skeptical that it's true, and it does not seem that sources agree about it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:44 PM 06-28-2020
We don't have to.

Trump already won the election.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 06:15 PM 06-28-2020
Russian bounties to Taliban-linked militants resulted in deaths of U.S. troops, according to intelligence assessments

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...1dc_story.html
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:20 PM 06-28-2020
Russian bounties to Taliban-linked militants resulted in deaths of U.S. troops, according to intelligence assessments

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...1dc_story.html
I mean, what is the accusation here-that Trump is so completely a Russian asset that he willingly turned a blind eye to Russians killing Americans? For real?

Not even you, Rodeo, are dumb enough to believe that. Although I say that with some trepidation.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 07:59 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
I mean, what is the accusation here-that Trump is so completely a Russian asset that he willingly turned a blind eye to Russians killing Americans? For real?

Not even you, Rodeo, are dumb enough to believe that. Although I say that with some trepidation.

Hypothetically, what would you think if it were true?
[Reply]
Bowser 08:20 PM 06-28-2020
I say we all turn on MSNBC right now and watch people flip their shit to this hypothetical in real time.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:16 PM 06-28-2020
You know, even if this were true and the president (whomever it happened to be) was briefed, what do the leftists expect us the president to do? Go on Don Lemon and have a cry session about it?

No, I'd want them gathering evidence, making sure everyone working in the field is safe, doing everything they need to do in secret before the information became public - before the Russians knew that we knew. Then, whatever the IC and the WH decide our reactions are, it's not important that the media is briefed on every step. It might be better if what we're doing in response is not public now or soon.

This is the kind of thing you get when you elect a president, you know that some things pertaining to national security are going to be kept secret and you have to trust the administration to get them right without you knowing about it.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 09:36 PM 06-28-2020
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Sorry 10:15 PM 06-28-2020
and yet dumbasses cry about benghazi
[Reply]
Sorry 10:16 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
You know, even if this were true and the president (whomever it happened to be) was briefed, what do the leftists expect us the president to do? Go on Don Lemon and have a cry session about it?

No, I'd want them gathering evidence, making sure everyone working in the field is safe, doing everything they need to do in secret before the information became public - before the Russians knew that we knew. Then, whatever the IC and the WH decide our reactions are, it's not important that the media is briefed on every step. It might be better if what we're doing in response is not public now or soon.

This is the kind of thing you get when you elect a president, you know that some things pertaining to national security are going to be kept secret and you have to trust the administration to get them right without you knowing about it.
its amazing the mental gymnastics people do to cover Trump, truly fascinating and terrifying at the same time.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:45 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Ironic post is fucking ironic
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I assume they'll plead ignorance.
The following post was even more so
[Reply]
smith11 12:35 AM 06-29-2020
has joe biden said what he would do if president and this happened on his watch? Has any dem said? Should trump have declared war on russia?
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 03:25 AM 06-29-2020
I don’t waste my time pondering useless and idiotic hypotheticals.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 28
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up