ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 27
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>NYT: Putin paid bounty on US soldiers. Trump briefed MONTHS AGO
Cosmos 07:58 PM 06-26-2020
Reportedly, Trump has known since MARCH, and was provided options to penalize Putin.....WTF????

Russia reportedly paid Taliban-linked militants bounty money to kill American troops

#####

US intelligence officials assessed that Russia's military intelligence agency paid bounties to Taliban-linked militants to kill NATO troops in Afghanistan ó which include American forces, according to a New York Times report on Friday.

US officials discovered information about the bounties earlier this year. Some of the bounty money was collected by either Islamist militants or those associated with them, The Times reported.

In 2019, 17 US troops were killed in combat in Afghanistan, according to the Defense Department.

President Donald Trump was briefed of the intelligence assessment, but the White House has yet to respond to it, The Times' sources said. The National Security Council had developed plans to address the report as early as March ó plans that included making diplomatic complaints or sanctions, according to The Times.

LINK
https://news.yahoo.com/russia-report...212920460.html
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 11:03 PM 06-27-2020
Your mom paid a bounty as well.
[Reply]
scorpio 11:33 PM 06-27-2020
Hopefully they can resolve this with sanctions. Maybe now the Russians are required to build two Trump Towers.
[Reply]
MGRS13 11:52 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Per the press secretary, nobody told him or pence. That sounds completely crazy, but evidently, that's exactly what happened.
Ok. So what has he done about it since he has known?
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 11:54 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Trump sold out America.

Putin has what he could never have imagined, an American President completely in his pocket, and America in decline.

Republicans are complicit.
How sure should the president be that the Russians actually put bounties on US soldiers before he retaliates against Russia? 10% sure, 50% sure, 100% sure?

There are so many details you don't have access too. I guess they don't matter since your only objective is to troll.
[Reply]
srvy 11:58 PM 06-27-2020
Probably learned it from us when we sold stingers and trained the Mujahadeen during the Soviets war with Afghanistan.
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:56 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by MGRS13:
Ok. So what has he done about it since he has known?
Golfed. For real.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:16 AM 06-28-2020
Look who is still falling for #fakenews. Unreal.

The story doesn't remotely pass the smell test but retards gonna retard.
[Reply]
warrior 07:28 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You think defending America against our enemies is something you only have to do once then you can check it off like you've earned a merit badge or something?

When and where did you serve- Bedwetter
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:18 AM 06-28-2020
Iím not up on this story but I see at least one blue check deleted tweets about it. Did this turn out to be poorly sourced?
[Reply]
Donger 09:35 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Iím not up on this story but I see at least one blue check deleted tweets about it. Did this turn out to be poorly sourced?
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/u...-bounties.html

Administration response:

(CNN)President Donald Trump on Sunday denied receiving a briefing about intelligence that Russians had tried to bribe Taliban fighters to kill US troops, as The New York Times first reported and CNN has confirmed.

Trump tweeted that "there have not been many attacks" on US troops by Taliban fighters as his evidence that the reported intelligence may be "phony." Trump's tweet went a step further than a Saturday statement from the White House.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Saturday did not deny the validity of the report, but instead said Trump and Vice President Mike Pence were not briefed "on the alleged Russian bounty intelligence."
[Reply]
alnorth 09:42 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
I guess my question is, what would everyone have had Trump do?
At a minimum, not enthusiastically push for Russia to rejoin the G7 afterwards. That is the most damning thing about this. Trump is clearly and obviously the proudly-owned property of Russia, and not even THIS will keep him from defending Russia.
[Reply]
Pants 10:35 AM 06-28-2020
I wonder what would have happened in this forum if similar news had come out about Obama during his presidency.

The cult of personality is past the the point of no return in this country.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:52 AM 06-28-2020
Hey! He's busy tweeting pictures of hooligans defacing statues to get his base all hard and bothered.

No time to deal with Russia!
[Reply]
Pogue 11:16 AM 06-28-2020

The Director of National Intelligence says Trump was never briefed on this

This comes just a couple of days after it was revealed that Biden knew about the probe into the Trump campaign and suggested using the Logan Act on Flynn, showing Biden lied about not being involved https://t.co/mb2OgjPzgs

— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) June 28, 2020

[Reply]
Bowser 11:21 AM 06-28-2020
It's amazing to me that the left just keeps fucking the #muhrussia football. Have any of these idiots taken a hard look at Russia? What exactly do they think makes Russia in any kind of position to dictate terms to any other country in the world, much less the US?

Gotta have that boogeyman, I guess.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 27
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up