ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 23
< 123 456713 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>KC Mayor Lucas issues mask order
wazu 04:32 PM 06-26-2020
We'll see how this plays out. Pretty tame by most national standards, and also includes them lifting the "50% capacity" limit on restaurants, which should help them out. Guess I'm pretty neutral on it but am interested to see what it stirs up.

===================================================

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...243825782.html

You’ll need a mask to go out in Kansas City. Here’s what the mayor’s order says

BY KATIE BERNARD
JUNE 26, 2020 04:03 PM , UPDATED 6 MINUTES AGO


Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas announced Friday afternoon that masks will be required in public places starting from Monday, June 29. BY SHELLY YANG

This article has Unlimited Access. For more coverage, sign up for our daily coronavirus newsletter. To support our commitment to public service journalism: Subscribe Now.

Kansas City will require the use of masks in public settings starting Monday, Mayor Quinton Lucas announced at a news conference Friday.

The move is an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19 as the area sees its highest number of daily case increases since the first cases of the virus were detected in March.

“It is a rule keeping people safe and hopefully saving lives,” Lucas said, adding, “Businesses are to refuse customers not wearing masks.”

On Thursday, the KC metro area reported 227 new coronavirus cases, a record single-day increase. Friday, 204 cases were reported in the metro, which consists of Kansas City and Jackson, Clay and Platte counties in Missouri and Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.

Lucas’ order says “all employees or visitors to any place of public accommodation must wear face coverings in an area or while performing an activity which will necessarily involve close contact or proximity to co-workers or the public where six feet of separation is not feasible.”

The order will run for two weeks. Using CARES act funding, the city will provide masks at community centers and to other social service agencies who can help with distribution.

Those exempt from the mask requirement are, according to the mayor’s office:

Also announced Friday, a previous Lucas order placing 50% capacity limits will be eliminated, except for taverns and bars. Lucas said the focus is on preventing the spread of the virus through mask usage, hand washing and maintaining social distancing.

Similar to Lucas’s orders shutting down businesses and placing restrictions on occupancy, the mask rule will be enforced by the city health department based on complaints.

“We don’t want anyone stopped on the street,” Lucas said.

Concerned employees or customers can call the city’s 311 line to report non-compliant businesses. In outdoor gatherings, the public will be encouraged, but not required to wear masks.

City health director Rex Archer said Friday that the change will be an adjustment. He said the city will not be immediately citing business who allow customers in without masks while individuals and businesses are still trying to get them.

For weeks, Kansas City has encouraged people to wear masks, and under its emergency order, it allows businesses to turn away those who don’t. Restaurant servers, bartenders, barbers and other personal service workers must wear masks when they’re with customers.

The federal Centers for Disease Control recommends the use of face coverings in public settings because a person who contracted COVID-19 but has no symptoms could still be contagious. The use of a mask, the CDC says, helps prevent those people from spreading the virus to others.

REGIONAL PARTNERS
Lucas and Archer have recently indicated their support of a mask requirement.

Archer said Friday that states requiring masks have seen a 12% decrease in cases. He said Kansas City is in its second wave of the virus.

“The issue really is I can’t infect you if I’ve got a mask on, and you can’t infect me if you’ve got a mask on,” he said.

In an earlier news conference Friday morning, Lucas said he planned to meet with regional leaders to discuss a collective response to the pandemic. He said he hoped other leaders would at the very least encourage mask use among residents.

“We will take every step possible to keep people safe here. I think wearing masks is one reasonable step in that direction,” Lucas said. “We don’t live on an island in Kansas City.”

One of those regional partners joined Lucas on Friday, David Alvey, mayor and CEO of the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas.

Alvey and Alan Greiner, chief medical officer for the county health department, expressed their support for Kansas City’s order and said a similar order would be announced in Wyandotte County.

Alvey said such orders are necessary to allow communities to continue to reopen without seeing a spike in coronavirus cases and deaths.

“We want to continue to reopen Wyandotte County. Our best opportunity to continue to relax restrictions is for us to take necessary simple measures like wearing a mask, washing our hands, maintaining social distancing, avoiding large gatherings,” Alvey said. “If we get those simple things we can continue to get back to business.

“If we don’t continue to stop the virus, the virus will stop us.”

The Star’s Allison Kite contributed to this report.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:14 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
People have died from wearing them and doing activities. People have passed out while wearing them, including passing out while wearing one behind the wheel.

But, yeah, equate it to you getting sweaty balls, you moron.
All those years we made nurses and doctors wear mask. The horror they endured.

Why would you wear a mask when you are driving unless you are an Uber driver or something.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:15 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It is proven to slow the spread, so if you want sports wear a ****ing mask.
I know right, don't you guys want to see Mahomes win another Super Bowl? Wearing a mask too big of a sacrifice for you guys?
[Reply]
-King- 07:15 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
People have died from wearing them and doing activities. People have passed out while wearing them, including passing out while wearing one behind the wheel.

But, yeah, equate it to you getting sweaty balls, you moron.
Link?

And you're not supposed to wear a mask driving...
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:17 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Link?

And you're not supposed to wear a mask driving...
And you're not supposed to be constantly touching a mask because of the risk of fomite infection.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:19 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Link?
You've got a browser. Use it.


Originally Posted by -King-:
And you're not supposed to wear a mask driving...
Thank you for that piece of trivia. It doesn't change what happened, but it's great that you shared with the class.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:19 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Are they allowed to tell you to wear clothing to cover your dick? Or that you can't beat jerk off in public? Where do we draw the line here?
There are laws against such things.

There's no law here. Nobody passed a vote on this. It's not in a legal document.

Some fucking authoritarian assholes just decided to tell everyone to do this - OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad that our country is structured in a way I can basically just flip them off if I feel like it.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:21 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
All those years we made nurses and doctors wear mask. The horror they endured.

Why would you wear a mask when you are driving unless you are an Uber driver or something.

So your pivot, now that you've been shown to be an idiot, is to try talking about doctors and nurses, and focusing on drive alternatives rather than the reality of what can happen?



:-)
[Reply]
-King- 07:26 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
You've got a browser. Use it.




Thank you for that piece of trivia. It doesn't change what happened, but it's great that you shared with the class.
I did use my browser. No news of anyone dying cause of the mask other than a Chinese article and if you're trusting Chinese news regarding this...

So... Link?

And I don't think it's the masks fault for someone crashing while doing what they weren't supposed to do.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:34 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
I did use my browser. No news of anyone dying cause of the mask other than a Chinese article and if you're trusting Chinese news regarding this...

So... Link?

And I don't think it's the masks fault for someone crashing while doing what they weren't supposed to do.

Wait.... First Chinese deaths don't count, then passing out doesn't count because someone's driving?

Just how retarded are you?
[Reply]
-King- 07:36 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Wait.... First Chinese deaths don't count, then passing out doesn't count because someone's driving?

Just how retarded are you?
So you trust Chinese news?

And yeah passing out because you did something you're advised not to do doesn't count to me. Should we also ban cell phones because some people use them while driving?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:36 PM 06-26-2020
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Not only does wearing a mask protect others, it makes you feel like a bad ass... so go on, be a bad ass. Just do it. pic.twitter.com/6vY2ZhbrAn

— Jennifer Decker (@jennifersterger) June 27, 2020

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:37 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
So you trust Chinese news?

And yeah passing out because you did something you're advised not to do doesn't count to me. Should we also ban cell phones because some people use them while driving?

You really are this retarded.



:-)
[Reply]
srvy 07:40 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Trump supporters should NOT wear masks. Wearing a mask means you support Biden. Donít let your fellow Trump supporters down. Do NOT wear a mask if you support Trump.
What certificates do you hold in proper PPE? I have certificates on PPE Hazardous materials job safety confined spaces ladders lifts and safety harness Gases and vaper. These are yearly test we must pass for OSHA the Railroads construction projects to be able to work. Not to mention each construction supers short test before you work on their site. I could take you in a limestone mine where drills are foreign mine face in a grid pattern to stuff nitrogen fertilizer to blast out rock. A mere two hours in your N95 mask and you're will be blowing black snot for a week feeling like a head cold and headache.

Your cute cloth mask or bandana don't mean shit to this virus you have joined the big lie.
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 08:01 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Wait.... First Chinese deaths don't count, then passing out doesn't count because someone's driving?

Just how retarded are you?
Not as retarded as you apparently.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:02 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
What certificates do you hold in proper PPE? I have certificates on PPE Hazardous materials job safety confined spaces ladders lifts and safety harness Gases and vaper. These are yearly test we must pass for OSHA the Railroads construction projects to be able to work. Not to mention each construction supers short test before you work on their site. I could take you in a limestone mine where drills are foreign mine face in a grid pattern to stuff nitrogen fertilizer to blast out rock. A mere two hours in your N95 mask and you're will be blowing black snot for a week feeling like a head cold and headache.

Your cute cloth mask or bandana don't mean shit to this virus you have joined the big lie.
Stop agenda posting.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 23
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up