ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 25
< 12 345612 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>KC Mayor Lucas issues mask order
wazu 04:32 PM 06-26-2020
We'll see how this plays out. Pretty tame by most national standards, and also includes them lifting the "50% capacity" limit on restaurants, which should help them out. Guess I'm pretty neutral on it but am interested to see what it stirs up.

===================================================

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...243825782.html

You’ll need a mask to go out in Kansas City. Here’s what the mayor’s order says

BY KATIE BERNARD
JUNE 26, 2020 04:03 PM , UPDATED 6 MINUTES AGO

Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas announced Friday afternoon that masks will be required in public places starting from Monday, June 29. BY SHELLY YANG

This article has Unlimited Access. For more coverage, sign up for our daily coronavirus newsletter. To support our commitment to public service journalism: Subscribe Now.

Kansas City will require the use of masks in public settings starting Monday, Mayor Quinton Lucas announced at a news conference Friday.

The move is an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19 as the area sees its highest number of daily case increases since the first cases of the virus were detected in March.

“It is a rule keeping people safe and hopefully saving lives,” Lucas said, adding, “Businesses are to refuse customers not wearing masks.”

On Thursday, the KC metro area reported 227 new coronavirus cases, a record single-day increase. Friday, 204 cases were reported in the metro, which consists of Kansas City and Jackson, Clay and Platte counties in Missouri and Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.

Lucas’ order says “all employees or visitors to any place of public accommodation must wear face coverings in an area or while performing an activity which will necessarily involve close contact or proximity to co-workers or the public where six feet of separation is not feasible.”

The order will run for two weeks. Using CARES act funding, the city will provide masks at community centers and to other social service agencies who can help with distribution.

Those exempt from the mask requirement are, according to the mayor’s office:

Also announced Friday, a previous Lucas order placing 50% capacity limits will be eliminated, except for taverns and bars. Lucas said the focus is on preventing the spread of the virus through mask usage, hand washing and maintaining social distancing.

Similar to Lucas’s orders shutting down businesses and placing restrictions on occupancy, the mask rule will be enforced by the city health department based on complaints.

“We don’t want anyone stopped on the street,” Lucas said.

Concerned employees or customers can call the city’s 311 line to report non-compliant businesses. In outdoor gatherings, the public will be encouraged, but not required to wear masks.

City health director Rex Archer said Friday that the change will be an adjustment. He said the city will not be immediately citing business who allow customers in without masks while individuals and businesses are still trying to get them.

For weeks, Kansas City has encouraged people to wear masks, and under its emergency order, it allows businesses to turn away those who don’t. Restaurant servers, bartenders, barbers and other personal service workers must wear masks when they’re with customers.

The federal Centers for Disease Control recommends the use of face coverings in public settings because a person who contracted COVID-19 but has no symptoms could still be contagious. The use of a mask, the CDC says, helps prevent those people from spreading the virus to others.

REGIONAL PARTNERS
Lucas and Archer have recently indicated their support of a mask requirement.

Archer said Friday that states requiring masks have seen a 12% decrease in cases. He said Kansas City is in its second wave of the virus.

“The issue really is I can’t infect you if I’ve got a mask on, and you can’t infect me if you’ve got a mask on,” he said.

In an earlier news conference Friday morning, Lucas said he planned to meet with regional leaders to discuss a collective response to the pandemic. He said he hoped other leaders would at the very least encourage mask use among residents.

“We will take every step possible to keep people safe here. I think wearing masks is one reasonable step in that direction,” Lucas said. “We don’t live on an island in Kansas City.”

One of those regional partners joined Lucas on Friday, David Alvey, mayor and CEO of the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas.

Alvey and Alan Greiner, chief medical officer for the county health department, expressed their support for Kansas City’s order and said a similar order would be announced in Wyandotte County.

Alvey said such orders are necessary to allow communities to continue to reopen without seeing a spike in coronavirus cases and deaths.

“We want to continue to reopen Wyandotte County. Our best opportunity to continue to relax restrictions is for us to take necessary simple measures like wearing a mask, washing our hands, maintaining social distancing, avoiding large gatherings,” Alvey said. “If we get those simple things we can continue to get back to business.

“If we don’t continue to stop the virus, the virus will stop us.”

The Star’s Allison Kite contributed to this report.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:23 PM 06-26-2020
I'm enjoying this new NinerDoug, troll edition. :-)
[Reply]
NinerDoug 06:26 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm enjoying this new NinerDoug, troll edition. :-)
Like the Virus, Iím mutating!
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:28 PM 06-26-2020
🤔😂
Did you guys know the FDA just approved a treatment that reduces your chance of getting COVID-19 by 5X?
Its trade name is Wearamaskasshole. Side effects include mild inconvenience, possible victim complex, fear of people thinking you are a sheeple, being ostracized by your anti-vax plandemic bros, and the power to stop your own asymptomatic transmission as this country stubbornly dives right on into that second wave.
Check with your doctor, or really anyone, to see if Wearamaskasshole is right for you.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:30 PM 06-26-2020
So many places to shop that are not in Kansas City. Take your business elsewhere and let KC go deeper into debt with no sales tax income.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:33 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
🤔😂
Did you guys know the FDA just approved a treatment that reduces your chance of getting COVID-19 by 5X?
Its trade name is Wearamaskasshole. Side effects include mild inconvenience, possible victim complex, fear of people thinking you are a sheeple, being ostracized by your anti-vax plandemic bros, and the power to stop your own asymptomatic transmission as this country stubbornly dives right on into that second wave.
Check with your doctor, or really anyone, to see if Wearamaskasshole is right for you.
bahwhhaha this is great.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:33 PM 06-26-2020
Why are some of you people against wearing masks?

Because your freedumbz or something?

If Mahomes gets COVID I'm blaming ya'll
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:37 PM 06-26-2020
It's the principle of the thing.

No one gets to tell me what to wear, unless they are my employer.

This isn't going to do shit. Mayor Q just has a fucking boner for power now that he got a little taste.

Fuck him. I'll wear a mask when he promises Andrew Jackson stays up in this city forever. That's fair.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:43 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Great job by the mayor IMO. No reason not to wear a mask. It's the easiest and best solution to allow us to play football throughout the fall and to re-open indefinitely. I really just don't understand the backlash. I have ten N-95 masks and they are pretty comfortable if worn correctly.
Their efficacy is questionable, there can be serious-to-fatal repercussions to wearing them and, for a lot of people, they are not comfortable. The current data shows that the way to beat the virus is to keep the sick isolated, to maintain distance between yourself and people outside your safe group, and to avoid being inside with others outside your safe group, as much as possible, especially if the building you're going into has an AC or other type of air circulation system rather that being open to the air outside.

Also, wearing masks seems to make people too fucking stupid to count to 6 when it comes to feet of separation.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:48 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's the principle of the thing.

No one gets to tell me what to wear, unless they are my employer.

This isn't going to do shit. Mayor Q just has a ****ing boner for power now that he got a little taste.

**** him. I'll wear a mask when he promises Andrew Jackson stays up in this city forever. That's fair.
Are they allowed to tell you to wear clothing to cover your dick? Or that you can't beat jerk off in public? Where do we draw the line here?
[Reply]
BWillie 06:51 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Their efficacy is questionable, there can be serious-to-fatal repercussions to wearing them and, for a lot of people, they are not comfortable. The current data shows that the way to beat the virus is to keep the sick isolated, to maintain distance between yourself and people outside your safe group, and to avoid being inside with others outside your safe group, as much as possible, especially if the building you're going into has an AC or other type of air circulation system rather that being open to the air outside.

Also, wearing masks seems to make people too ****ing stupid to count to 6 when it comes to feet of separation.
Yeah. Very dangerous stuff. I agree. Sometimes when I wear pants it covers up my dick. And then my dick is uncomfortable and gets very sweaty and chaffs my asshole. My rights are infringed upon.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:00 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yeah. Very dangerous stuff. I agree. Sometimes when I wear pants it covers up my dick. And then my dick is uncomfortable and gets very sweaty and chaffs my asshole. My rights are infringed upon.

People have died from wearing them and doing activities. People have passed out while wearing them, including passing out while wearing one behind the wheel.

But, yeah, equate it to you getting sweaty balls, you moron.
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 07:03 PM 06-26-2020
It is proven to slow the spread, so if you want sports wear a fucking mask.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:05 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

If Mahomes gets COVID I'm blaming ya'll
Mahomes doesn't give a flying fuck about anyone who's lost their jobs or businesses as a consequence of COVID so..
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:13 PM 06-26-2020
Bow down to the New World Order.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:14 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Bow down to the New World Order.
Wear the muzzle, cow.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 25
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up