ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>Danny Carey > Neil Peart. Fight Me...
Fish 12:38 AM 06-20-2020

[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:36 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Thrashing wildly all over the kit isn't what people love about Danny. Its his polyrhythms combined with offbeats. His insane ability to play in two and even three different time signatures at the same time with different limbs...the human body should not be capable of some of the shit that man does, but he does it seemingly without effort. I get why some people think it sounds weird and don't enjoy it, it took me a while to get into them too but I love the math and trying to count as he plays.
Cool story. You enjoy the math and trying to count...

I'll enjoy good songs that tell a story without unambiguously gay overtones.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:39 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Gay jokes...didn't know I was dealing with a teenager. You do you buddy.
Maybe when I was a teenager, the shock value of something like Tool would've meant a little more...but then I developed a musical maturity, and stuff like Tool didn't mean much to me anymore. I used to like the Deftones a lot back in the 90s, too. Not so much anymore. I grew up. I don't relate to songs like "Hooker with a Penis", "Jimmy", "Pushit", "Jerkoff", "Bottom", "Prison Sex" or "Stinkfist" on any level. It's cool if you do. But you aren't going to convince me that it's great music because the drummer plays the kit like an octopus.
[Reply]
candyman 06-25-2020, 06:51 PM
This message has been deleted by candyman.
MTG#10 07:01 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Maybe when I was a teenager, the shock value of something like Tool would've meant a little more...but then I developed a musical maturity, and stuff like Tool didn't mean much to me anymore. I used to like the Deftones a lot back in the 90s, too. Not so much anymore. I grew up. I don't relate to songs like "Hooker with a Penis", "Jimmy", "Pushit", "Jerkoff", "Bottom", "Prison Sex" or "Stinkfist" on any level. It's cool if you do. But you aren't going to convince me that it's great music because the drummer plays the kit like an octopus.
I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I don't give a shit what your dumbass likes. Unlike like you claim to, Tool did mature musically as they got older. While I still appreciate the older stuff, Lateralus, 10000 Days and Fear Inoculum get way more play at my house. The fact still remains, Danny has more percussion talent in his left testicle than Ringo could ever dream of...and I actually like The Beatles too.

You claim "musical maturity" and that you "grew up" but listen to shit like this:

My dick cost a late night fee
Your dick got the HIV
My dick plays on the double feature screen
Your dick went straight to DVD
My dick, bigger than a bridge
Your dick look like a little kid's
My dick, large like the Chargers, the whole team
Your shit look like you fourteen
My dick, pink and big
Your dick stinks like shit
My dick got a Caesar do
Your dick needs a tweezer, dude



:-)


****ing clown.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:37 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by MTG#10:

You claim "musical maturity" and that you "grew up" but listen to shit like this:

My dick cost a late night fee
Your dick got the HIV
My dick plays on the double feature screen
Your dick went straight to DVD
My dick, bigger than a bridge
Your dick look like a little kid's
My dick, large like the Chargers, the whole team
Your shit look like you fourteen
My dick, pink and big
Your dick stinks like shit
My dick got a Caesar do
Your dick needs a tweezer, dude



:-)


****ing clown.
That song is SO 2005.

Seriously. Mickey is banging "Woke AF", a message that needs to be heard.

Also : not every song has to be a literary masterpiece...but the hot little 24 year old I kick it with can spit every verse of "My Dick" from memory, we have a good time...sometimes, a song can make you laugh, and that IS the song's merit.

Mickey Avalon>Tool.

Wheeler Walker Jr>>>Tool

****, I'd rather listen to ICP>>>Tool. Their fans aren't near as annoying as Tool fans are...

**** Tool. Tool fans who act like they're the greatest band ever turn me off from ever wanting to listen to them again.

Tool is like Phish for annoying incel people who sometimes take showers.
[Reply]
candyman 07:40 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

That song is SO 2005.
Stinkfist is 1996 and Prison Sex '93.
[Reply]
candyman 07:43 PM 06-25-2020
While not my favorite band in the world anyone who claims Tool is untalented or "sucks" really doesn't need to be talking music. The guys are legends and one of the only bands in modern history that created their own genre. NOBODY sounds like Tool, or really even close.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:02 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
Stinkfist is 1996 and Prison Sex '93.
But he quoted "My Dick" by Mickey Avalon.

Try to keep up with the rest of the class, sir.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:03 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
While not my favorite band in the world anyone who claims Tool is untalented or "sucks" really doesn't need to be talking music. The guys are legends and one of the only bands in modern history that created their own genre. NOBODY sounds like Tool, or really even close.
Tool sounds like King Crimson, Brosef.

Just...stop.
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:05 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Maybe when I was a teenager, the shock value of something like Tool would've meant a little more...but then I developed a musical maturity, and stuff like Tool didn't mean much to me anymore. I used to like the Deftones a lot back in the 90s, too. Not so much anymore. I grew up. I don't relate to songs like "Hooker with a Penis", "Jimmy", "Pushit", "Jerkoff", "Bottom", "Prison Sex" or "Stinkfist" on any level. It's cool if you do. But you aren't going to convince me that it's great music because the drummer plays the kit like an octopus.
Keep saying it. Maybe you can will it to be true.
[Reply]
candyman 08:10 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
But he quoted "My Dick" by Mickey Avalon.

Try to keep up with the rest of the class, sir.
:-)

You completely missed the point. You are using Stinkfist and Prison sex as examples of immature music with "shock value" so he pointed out an immature song by an artist you like to which you replied "so 2005" but its still 9 years newer than your examples. I think you're the one having trouble keeping up.

Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Tool sounds like King Crimson, Brosef.

Just...stop.
No. They are probably Tool's biggest influence but they do not sound the same. If you want to make the argument that they are both prog rock I'll listen but Tool has its own unique variation.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:00 PM 06-25-2020
Lateralus is the greatest album by any band ever. Carey is god.

And becuase that is my opinion, it is now fact.


[Reply]
KurtCobain 09:07 PM 06-25-2020
Travis Barker
[Reply]
lewdog 09:12 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Drummers I like better than Danny Carey :


Jackie Irons
Dave Abbruzzese
Matt Cameron
You had me right here!!!!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:15 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You had me right here!!!!
Yield and No Code are my favorite Pearl Jam albums, in gold part because of Jackie I's drumming.

LOVE him in the RHCP, too.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:16 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Lateralus is the greatest album by any band ever. Carey is god.

And becuase that is my opinion, it is now fact.
Okay then.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up