ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 47
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Defund the police!
Pogue 01:55 PM 06-04-2020
Democrats are for defunding the police.

Defund the police

— Brian Fallon (@brianefallon) June 4, 2020

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:25 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It's called federalism.
In theory, but not in modern practice. In modern practice, the actions and requirements of the largest states end up pretty much forcing conformity in a lot of areas. Car manufacturers will build to California's requirements, not to Wyoming's preferences, for example.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:46 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Right. Because the federal enforcement of drug laws has no impact whatsoever on our incarceration rate.
Irrelevant.

You're deflecting about federalism to another topic. Start a new thread.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:12 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Irrelevant.

You're deflecting about federalism to another topic. Start a new thread.
I'll repeat.

This is about FEDERAL drug enforcement and policy superceding the states. It is completely on topic. Marijuana only very recently went back to the states. There is still enormous investment in FEDERAL resources to fund the war on drugs.
[Reply]
Redbled 12:50 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I get that sentiment, and I'm all for it. The problem with that example is that there are about 6x's as many Cops as there are Commercial Pilots in the US. Not only that, they get paid less on average. You will always have unqualified Cops in the system. It's just the way it is. And if people seriously want to defund LE Departments, I'd surmise that the % of bad cops would go up, not down.
Surgeons make mistakes all the time. All are bad. No more surgery’s.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:54 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Surgeons make mistakes all the time. All are bad. No more surgery’s.
Surgeons pay an obscene amount for malpractice insurance. And even still they can get sued for mistakes and taxpayers don't pay the bill. When mistakes are made there is an unbiased process for holding them accountable and for ensuring the patient is compensated. If the surgeon mistake was malicious or egregious they lose their license and it is difficult to get it back.

Other than all those things, good example.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:19 PM 06-05-2020
Surgeons pay an obscene amount for malpractice insurance. And even still they can get sued for mistakes and taxpayers don't pay the bill. When mistakes are made there is an unbiased process for holding them accountable and for ensuring the patient is compensated. If the surgeon mistake was malicious or egregious they lose their license and it is difficult to get it back.

Other than all those things, good example.
Until we move to Universal Healthcare, and surgeons become civil servants.
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:27 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
If I was an officer I would be tempted to look at the rest of my officers and plan a one night sick-out. See how well that works and if that will shut up these idiots. You know, just a test run of how things might work if they were to defund the police.
If I was a cop in NY, I would have done this long ago. Maybe take the week off.
[Reply]
Pogue 04:23 PM 06-05-2020
Get the cops out of our schools!

Two Denver school board members push to end a contract that puts police officers in DPS schools: https://t.co/zCNyd5PZZy by @mattsebastian

— The Denver Post (@denverpost) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
Bwana 07:10 PM 06-05-2020
Dear liberal cities, please go for it, try it for a month and let us know how it works out.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:11 PM 06-05-2020
LOL, we spend tens of billions annually on the drug war. And small drug offenses (especially when factoring in recidivism) are a substantial part of our incarceration rolls.

In what fantasy is our federal drug enforcement policy not part of federal power?
Your deflecting to another topic to avoid this one. This thread is about defunding police and you're in here opinion spamming on your pet issues as if it's a soap-box for anything.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:12 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Get the cops out of our schools!

I agree with not having them in schools. Who the hell came up with that idea? !
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:19 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Dear liberal cities, please go for it, try it for a month and let us know how it works out.
Watching liberals scream at the sky is entertaining.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:25 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I agree with not having them in schools. Who the hell came up with that idea? !

Teachers who needed police protection.

How fucking stupid are you? Seriously. And maybe because schools are subject to attack by total nutters? Kids need to feel safe, parents may want kids protected?
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:12 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:16 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Teachers who needed police protection.

How ****ing stupid are you? Seriously. And maybe because schools are subject to attack by total nutters? Kids need to feel safe, parents may want kids protected?
I guess these morons forgot about the Columbine shooting?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 47
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up