ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 48
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Defund the police!
Pogue 01:55 PM 06-04-2020
Democrats are for defunding the police.

Defund the police

— Brian Fallon (@brianefallon) June 4, 2020

[Reply]
Iowanian 08:24 AM 06-05-2020
Honestly, I'd like to see a crime wave, targeting every single person who signs on with this idea.

They'll deserve it and they'd better not call 911.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:30 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Does anyone know what the National Guard actually does? I feel like this is the first time in a long time they've been asked to do anything substantial.
The National Guard is deployed routinely to help with responses to things like Hurricanes. They've been deployed regularly oversees to Iraq and a plethora of other places.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to use the National Guard to stop cities from burning.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:34 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...y-incarcerated
May disagree with the idea that 39% of incarceration is unnecessary. But lays a good starting point for discussing what is unnecessary. Like many nonviolent offenses, people serving overreaching prison sentences, horrible recidivism... And how many offenses would rehab and training have been a much better and even cheaper alternative than throwing the book? On top of the growing consensus that many small drug crimes are unnecessary and overaggressively prosecuted.
:-)

The Brennan Center is seen as "liberal" but I prefer to call "left progressive" after all it's named after SC Justice Brennan who was a progressive liberal who served on The Warren Court which dramatically used judicial power in in an activist manner.

You're no moderate. Your a progressive liberal. Just because you're not part of the radical left, doesn't put in in the "middle."

Quit increasing federal power.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:48 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:

I get that sentiment, and I'm all for it. The problem with that example is that there are about 6x's as many Cops as there are Commercial Pilots in the US. Not only that, they get paid less on average. You will always have unqualified Cops in the system. It's just the way it is. And if people seriously want to defund LE Departments, I'd surmise that the % of bad cops would go up, not down.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:53 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
:-)

The Brennan Center is seen as "liberal" but I prefer to call "left progressive" after all it's named after SC Justice Brennan who was a progressive liberal who served on The Warren Court which dramatically used judicial power in in an activist manner.

You're no moderate. Your a progressive liberal. Just because you're not part of the radical left, doesn't put in in the "middle."

Quit increasing federal power.
Jesus, you and your robotic talking points. I said it was a starting point to thinking about what types of incarceration could be considered unnecessary.

And criminal justice reform decreases power from the state, not increases it. What in the world are you even talking about.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:56 AM 06-05-2020
Jesus, you and your robotic talking points.
That you think they're robotic, tells me you haven't a clue. :-)

The Constitution is not a mere "talking" point—it prevents abuse of power.

Originally Posted by :
And criminal justice reform decreases power from the state, not increases it. What in the world are you even talking about.
That's not what I was talking about. I am talking about federal or centralized power versus local power of the States with a capital "S."

Again, no clue.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:56 AM 06-05-2020
Contrary to liberal sentiment, a lot of us have dealt with an asshole cop or two in their day.

That said, in cities where officers are attacked, shot and assassinated fairly often, we expect the same cops during a riot in a city where other cops have been shot or stabbed in the neck by rioters....to be gentle with rioters.

Think about what you're asking of these people? You want perfect decision making, you want them to show restraint while being screamed at, spit on, assaulted with bricks, bullets, fists full of shit......and then forget that and come running to help you with compassion the second you're in need?

All of these people and cities wanting to defund the police had better shut their fucking mouths and not say shit about the lack of response when they're bleeding in the street. The same people rioting and looting together today will be shooting at each other over a pair of looted shoes the first hot day in July.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:03 AM 06-05-2020
It wouldn’t happen in any meaningful way but if it did every single celebrity and company signing on would immediately be targeted and robbed. It’s shocking how people continue to act out emotionally without thinking for a second about the circumstances or what might occur a day later.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:04 AM 06-05-2020
That you think they're robotic, tells me you haven't a clue. :-)

The Constitution is not a mere "talking" point—it prevents abuse of power.

That's not what I was talking about. I am talking about federal or centralized power versus local power of the States with a capital "S."

Again, no clue.
Right. Because the federal enforcement of drug laws has no impact whatsoever on our incarceration rate.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:06 AM 06-05-2020
I sure hope turnip Joe jumps on the bandwagon.
[Reply]
tatorhog 09:09 AM 06-05-2020
Too bad there wasn't an easy way to declare a state either republican or democrat, and then the citizens of that state would live by the rules of their party. Then California, NY, etc could simply have their communism, fully state sponsored health care, gun control, neutered police force, and everything else they so desire without it necessarily affecting the states that adhere to the rules of the other party.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 09:10 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Honestly, I'd like to see a crime wave, targeting every single person who signs on with this idea.

They'll deserve it and they'd better not call 911.
I'm actually witnessing it every day and night on the news. Pure Schadenfreude.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:13 AM 06-05-2020
Right. Because the federal enforcement of drug laws has no impact whatsoever on our incarceration rate.
Tap out.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:25 AM 06-05-2020
Tap out.
LOL, we spend tens of billions annually on the drug war. And small drug offenses (especially when factoring in recidivism) are a substantial part of our incarceration rolls.

In what fantasy is our federal drug enforcement policy not part of federal power?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:43 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
Too bad there wasn't an easy way to declare a state either republican or democrat, and then the citizens of that state would live by the rules of their party. Then California, NY, etc could simply have their communism, fully state sponsored health care, gun control, neutered police force, and everything else they so desire without it necessarily affecting the states that adhere to the rules of the other party.
It's called federalism.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 48
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up