ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 48
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Defund the police!
Pogue 01:55 PM 06-04-2020
Democrats are for defunding the police.

Defund the police

— Brian Fallon (@brianefallon) June 4, 2020

[Reply]
Pogue 12:10 AM 06-05-2020

Leo Terrell is furious at fellow Dems over riots: I’m a black voter and you have lost me if you don’t stand up to these criminals https://t.co/X2aHH9gmIx via @BIZPACReview

— Bo Snerdley (@BoSnerdley) May 31, 2020

[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:26 AM 06-05-2020
What in the blue hell is this chit? This is real???? They just gave Trump another HUGE opening.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:37 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Intellectually I realize the left will never stop grabbing at everyone's guns, but the last three months have effectively put the nail in that coffin. I have friends that I never thought would own a gun asking me questions about getting one.
Nah, fuck that. If conservatives go wobbly because Trump doesn't raise his pinky at tea, give the left everything they want.
Wealth redistribution, gun control, abortion expansion and funding, reparations, federal control over ever facet of life.

I'm willing to fight the good fight, but I'm done with society electing the left to feel smug and self-satisfied and hoping like hell that the right restrains their lunatic impulses, all while they wail and moan that gridlock caused by an evil opposition is halting the march to utopia.
You want the left, you get the left. Full stop.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:06 AM 06-05-2020
so abolish the police; then just send a small group of people to Rapinoe's house and break in ; loot everything.

God these people are dumb. It's astounding.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:24 AM 06-05-2020
Defunding the police is nonsense overreaction. I don't sense it's anything more than a fringe message.

It's also difficult to take the outrage seriously from anyone who screams about welfare and fiscal conservatism yet turns a blind eye to the massive overreach of the prison industrial complex.

These are extreme ideas and the ideal solution, as with so many things, lies in the middle. First we have to admit there are things that are clearly broken and need to change.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:40 AM 06-05-2020
Reduce incarceration. Invest instead on social programs aimed at reducing recidivism and making people more productive (skills training, drug rehab, etc.) That includes completely rethinking the outrageous costs of the drug war.

Cut down broken windows policing and have police instead spend more time on community building

Increase training spend which will pay for itself by taxpayers not wasting money on officers making costly mistakes

There you go. You've significantly reduced criminal justice spend while making police stronger.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:41 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Reduce incarceration. Invest instead on social programs aimed at reducing recidivism and making people more productive (skills training, drug rehab, etc.) That includes completely rethinking the outrageous costs of the drug war.

Cut down broken windows policing and have police instead spend more time on community building

Increase training spend which will pay for itself by taxpayers not wasting money on officers making costly mistakes

There you go. You've significantly reduced criminal justice spend while making police stronger.

Get rid of welfare and put it into job training
[Reply]
F150 07:49 AM 06-05-2020
The ignorance of progressives has no boundry
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:53 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Get rid of welfare and put it into job training
Welfare reform is certainly something that should also be on the table. By the way I consider unnecessary incarceration to be a form of welfare.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:53 AM 06-05-2020
"Defunding the police" will never happen. Reworking the police, maybe. Ending the war on drugs at the federal level would be a good start.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:55 AM 06-05-2020
Welfare reform is certainly something that should also be on the table. By the way I consider unnecessary incarceration to be a form of welfare.
just a question: please give me an example

What type of unnecessary incarceration?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:07 AM 06-05-2020
Defunding the police is nonsense overreaction. I don't sense it's anything more than a fringe message.

It's also difficult to take the outrage seriously from anyone who screams about welfare and fiscal conservatism yet turns a blind eye to the massive overreach of the prison industrial complex.

These are extreme ideas and the ideal solution, as with so many things, lies in the middle. First we have to admit there are things that are clearly broken and need to change.
:-) Such a cliche about the middle.

Some ideas in the middle don't work either. Let's take the Clinton Crime Bill of 1994 which some claim led to mass incarceration and prison overcrowding. Bill was considered a moderate even if most Republicans voted against it. It was originally written by Senator Joe Biden. Afterall, Hilldawg called them all "predators." So Democrat policy, has led to this mess. It also increased federalization of cops by funding 100,000 more of them, billions for prevention programs— NONE of which the congress has any authority to do under the Constitution. You rarely advocate following the Constitution to prevent such things—something REAL conservatives claim to support and do but get labeled "do nothing" or "extremist" when they do. However, that's the real middle. So this was not a law that was middle at all.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/103-1994/h416

Policing MUST remain local. You want it to return to being more gentle like the fictional Mayberry—that's the way to go.
And get rid of the military vehicles too.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:18 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
just a question: please give me an example

What type of unnecessary incarceration?
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...y-incarcerated
May disagree with the idea that 39% of incarceration is unnecessary. But lays a good starting point for discussing what is unnecessary. Like many nonviolent offenses, people serving overreaching prison sentences, horrible recidivism... And how many offenses would rehab and training have been a much better and even cheaper alternative than throwing the book? On top of the growing consensus that many small drug crimes are unnecessary and overaggressively prosecuted.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:19 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
:-) Such a cliche about the middle.

Some ideas in the middle don't work either. Let's take the Clinton Crime Bill of 1994 which some claim led to mass incarceration and prison overcrowding. Bill was considered a moderate even if most Republicans voted against it. It was originally written by Senator Joe Biden. Afterall, Hilldawg called them all "predators." So Democrat policy, has led to this mess. It also increased federalization of cops by funding 100,000 more of them, billions for prevention programs— NONE of which the congress has NO authority to do under the Constitution. You rarely advocate following the Constitution to prevent such things—something REAL conservatives claim to support and do but get labeled "do nothing" or "extremist" when they do. However, that's the real middle. So this was not a law that was middle at all.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/103-1994/h416
The middle is not between left and right. Both left and right are complicit in the prison industrial complex. It's the middle between respecting we are a nation of laws and recognizing we are overreaching on enforcement of those laws.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:22 AM 06-05-2020
The middle is not between left and right. Both left and right are complicit in the prison industrial complex.
Not according to the vote tallies of who voted for the Clinton Crime Bill. Plus "private jails, prisons, and detention centers have a long history in the U.S., as far back as 1852 when San Quentin was the first for-profit prison in the U.S., long before it was state-owned."

https://civilrights.findlaw.com/othe...ed-states.html

Your "middle" line is just that, a line. But calling for the "middle" doesn't say anything—anything at all because "middle" is not described here. Middle of what? We normally think of it between the two parties, claimed to be left and right.

I hope you use better lines to pick-up girls.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 48
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up