ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Predict our offense with Leveon
chiefzilla1501 06:59 PM 10-19-2020
Is Andy Reid evolving his offense into a balanced attack based on what defenses are throwing at us?

How many carries a game do we expect? What split between Leveon and CEH?

How does our game plan change if our interior OL continues to play this well?
[Reply]
Shaid 08:40 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Interesting
Well, it's just a 1 year deal.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:01 AM 10-20-2020
Another thing I noticed was that mahomes took a lot of snaps yesterday under center. And he looked plenty comfortable doing it. As someone posted earlier kelce in the backfield was also a new wrinkle. I imagine we'll see a lot more of these things in our new look offense.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:12 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Another thing I noticed was that mahomes took a lot of snaps yesterday under center. And he looked plenty comfortable doing it. As someone posted earlier kelce in the backfield was also a new wrinkle. I imagine we'll see a lot more of these things in our new look offense.
Calsee wantz to show the werld he kan blokk as gewd as Jorge Skittle!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:13 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Calsee wantz to show the werld he kan blokk as gewd as Jorge Skittle!!
:-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:10 AM 10-20-2020
A 60/40 or 50/50 split makes sense to me.

Biggest thing for me will be the ability to be less predictable based on personnel. That always helps.

Having the full playbook on tap no matter which RB is on the field is a major advantage.

Bell adds some complementary skills, too (pass blocking, goal line and short yardage, etc.)
[Reply]
KCJake 10:54 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's exactly the same as our offense without him. He's taking Darrel Williams' snaps. That's the only change, aside from maybe more RB's split outside.

Tonight was an aberration. Andy Reid isn't going to turn into Marty Schotteheimer. This is a passing team with quality running backs, and it's going to win or lose on the arm of Patrick Mahomes.
You think Bell came to KC for 3 snaps per game? This will become 50/50 between him and CEH, if not 60/40 Bell
[Reply]
Mecca 10:57 AM 10-20-2020
If you noticed multiple times last night they showed the bills Mahomes shotgun with split backs next to him, it's just one of those backs was Kelce, could easily see that set with Bell in that spot.
[Reply]
KCJake 10:59 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by 65TPT:
I think Andy stepped up the running game today as a last chance to see what CEH can do on his own,without the addition of Bell, and it proved to be benificial.
Maybe. I'm sure it had to do with the terrible pass protection over the last few weeks. The weather. Either way its nice to know we can win this way
[Reply]
scho63 01:52 PM 10-20-2020
To totally dominate Buffalo the way we did yesterday and come away with a 9 point win that required a late FG to ensure victory sucked.

This should have been a 14-17 easy win that only closed when Buffalo scored a garbage time TD.

Andy almost pulled a Marty
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:00 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
To totally dominate Buffalo the way we did yesterday and come away with a 9 point win that required a late FG to ensure victory sucked.

This should have been a 14-17 easy win that only closed when Buffalo scored a garbage time TD.

Andy almost pulled a Marty
Eh, Andy was just showing off to the league that he knew how to design and call a run-centric offense as well as a passing attack. Think of it as a demonstration, if you like.

Seriously, I highly doubt Andy would've called the game like that if it had been dry and light breezes. He saw pretty quickly that he could consistently run it, so he did. How many times have CPers complained that he doesn't stick with the run enough? Well, now he has. Case closed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:05 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCJake:
You think Bell came to KC for 3 snaps per game? This will become 50/50 between him and CEH, if not 60/40 Bell
There are going to be games where CEH and Bell barely get 20 touches COMBINED.

It's Andy Reid.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:19 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Eh, Andy was just showing off to the league that he knew how to design and call a run-centric offense as well as a passing attack. Think of it as a demonstration, if you like.

Seriously, I highly doubt Andy would've called the game like that if it had been dry and light breezes. He saw pretty quickly that he could consistently run it, so he did. How many times have CPers complained that he doesn't stick with the run enough? Well, now he has. Case closed.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:24 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There are going to be games where CEH and Bell barely get 20 touches COMBINED.

It's Andy Reid.
Yeah, I'd bet that there will be games where Bell hardly sees the ball, and others where CEH doesn't either. And a game where neither gets many touches. CPers will shit themselves in each scenario.

Seriously though, it does make some sense to have Bell become the lead RB for at least a few games, so that CEH can stay strong for the end of the season, because we are undoubtedly going to make a run in the playoffs, and also so CEH can observe and hopefully learn some things from a veteran and former rushing champion like Bell. It can only make Clyde a better RB in the long run.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:24 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He came here with EXACTLY that expectation, according to the team, the coaches, the media, and everybody.
Lol. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but i think it's funny that this has to be explained.

Players rave about Reid's honesty. Veach gets nothing but praise from guys on this roster, such as Chris Jones.

These guys have a great relationship with their players and you don't get that by lying to them.

I'm 110% positive they were straight up honest with Bell on what to expect.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:41 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Lol. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but i think it's funny that this has to be explained.

Players rave about Reid's honesty. Veach gets nothing but praise from guys on this roster, such as Chris Jones.

These guys have a great relationship with their players and you don't get that by lying to them.

I'm 110% positive they were straight up honest with Bell on what to expect.
Of course they were. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up