ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Predict our offense with Leveon
chiefzilla1501 06:59 PM 10-19-2020
Is Andy Reid evolving his offense into a balanced attack based on what defenses are throwing at us?

How many carries a game do we expect? What split between Leveon and CEH?

How does our game plan change if our interior OL continues to play this well?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:40 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
There's no way he'll become Marty schottenheimer. But I don't think he'll be Andy Reid as much either. The Andy Reid who barely runs the ball and replaces runs with screens. I could see the Houston game plan being much more the norm. It's going to be a whole lot less sexy but it's going to be hella hard to beat.

This is going to be a much more balanced offense than we're recently used to. Even more than when we has kareem hunt.
The most 'balanced' Andy's ever been was when he called about 43-47% run plays, with JC, IIRC. Doubt we'll see that, except occasionally, a game here or there. Tonight was an outlier.

But any game where we run 25+ times, we probably win, because it means we're running out the clock in the 2nd half/4th quarter.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:45 PM 10-19-2020
1 patient runner and 1 straight at you runner in the backfield.

Who to you plan to defend?

+ PM and the WR core.

I can see Hill running in the backfield around the RB's like Duck Duck Goose
[Reply]
Delano 07:57 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree.

I think this game was more about debunking the "blueprint" talk from the last couple of weeks.
Andy sent a message to the league tonight and 31 defensive coordinators’ assholes collectively puckered.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:02 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The most 'balanced' Andy's ever been was when he called about 43-47% run plays, with JC, IIRC. Doubt we'll see that, except occasionally, a game here or there. Tonight was an outlier.

But any game where we run 25+ times, we probably win, because it means we're running out the clock in the 2nd half/4th quarter.
But the difference is that I can see us running a lot more on 1st down and second and long. No longer the "take 3 aggressive shots for 10+" approach. Look at Green Bay. Rodgers never runs the ball and now they're averaging 28 carries per game after Rodgers had an off year last year. I don't think it's just the Chiefs, defenses in general have started to adapt to vertical attacks.

It's not R2P2. It's just seeing a steady diet of early down runs. And I wonder if the Chiefs spend the next few games annihilating defenses with their run game just to prove they can so that during the playoff stretch we can go back to a normal offense. One way or another we have to pull a guy out of coverage and we won't do that until we consistently show that we'll make defenses pay with our running game.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:05 PM 10-19-2020
I expect exactly 420 yards rushing from every game here on out!!!
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:20 PM 10-19-2020
There's no way he'll become Marty schottenheimer. But I don't think he'll be Andy Reid as much either. The Andy Reid who barely runs the ball and replaces runs with screens. I could see the Houston game plan being much more the norm. It's going to be a whole lot less sexy but it's going to be hella hard to beat.

This is going to be a much more balanced offense than we're recently used to. Even more than when we has kareem hunt.
People are going to be sorely disappointed if they expect 62-year old Andy Reid, less than a year after winning a Superbowl, to suddenly stop running his offense the way he's been running it for more than two decades.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:21 PM 10-19-2020
What number is he going to wear?

It affects my prediction
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:23 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

It affects my prediction
69 lmao
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:16 PM 10-19-2020
But the difference is that I can see us running a lot more on 1st down and second and long. No longer the "take 3 aggressive shots for 10+" approach. Look at Green Bay. Rodgers never runs the ball and now they're averaging 28 carries per game after Rodgers had an off year last year. I don't think it's just the Chiefs, defenses in general have started to adapt to vertical attacks.

It's not R2P2. It's just seeing a steady diet of early down runs. And I wonder if the Chiefs spend the next few games annihilating defenses with their run game just to prove they can so that during the playoff stretch we can go back to a normal offense. One way or another we have to pull a guy out of coverage and we won't do that until we consistently show that we'll make defenses pay with our running game.
Not sure where we disagree.

All I'm saying is that running 40+ times isn't what Andy wants, nor is it what the team was built to do.

But if we try to use history, Andy has called entire seasons where we ran about 40% of the time. I think that's as balanced as it's ever going to get, unless we play a game in a hurricane and Hill and Kelce aren't on the field for some reason.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:25 PM 10-19-2020
Take the 2005 Chiefs running game when Priest was splitting carries with LJ.

Now combine it with our current passing game.

Thunder, Lightning and Fiery Meteor Storms.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:55 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree.

I think this game was more about debunking the "blueprint" talk from the last couple of weeks.
This.

It was a shit weather game that favored running the football, and Buffalo essentially fielded the KC 2018 run defense tonight. Our rushing attack ripped them a new asshole play after play.

We have not been able to make that happen against light boxes the past couple games, and I think Reid and Bieniemy just put together a great plan to shut that nonsense down once and for all.

With a new look O line, we moved the ball at will, and Mahomes was a surgeon, even in the inclement weather.

Andy showed tonight that the Chiefs offense is more than willing and able to slowly bleed you out If thats how you want to lose the game.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:58 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

It affects my prediction
He’s wearing 26
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:09 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
This.

It was a shit weather game that favored running the football, and Buffalo essentially fielded the KC 2018 run defense tonight. Our rushing attack ripped them a new asshole play after play.

We have not been able to make that happen against light boxes the past couple games, and I think Reid and Bieniemy just put together a great plan to shut that nonsense down once and for all.

With a new look O line, we moved the ball at will, and Mahomes was a surgeon, even in the inclement weather.

Andy showed tonight that the Chiefs offense is more than willing and able to slowly bleed you out If thats how you want to lose the game.
it'll take more than one game to prove that point. On the one hand it worked today and in Houston. But teams will still prefer that slow bleed. Even with a dominant performance a few mistakes made this way closer than it should've been. In new England they bended but didn't break. In LAC and oak we looked just plain flat for a half.

We need a few more dominant run performances before defenses start pulling a defender or 2 out of coverage. And that's what we really want. Maybe our new look OL solves problems. But I don't think today's performance changes how badly we need leveon. Did we prove enough that we'd look better in New England or LAC on a re-do? I don't know. But with Leveon, I think we will.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:27 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He’s wearing 26
Interesting
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:47 PM 10-19-2020

[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up