ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Backup OL
Pitt Gorilla 05:59 PM 10-19-2020
Was absolutely fantastic tonight. NEVER would have guessed they'd look like this.

GREAT JOB, GUYS!
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:43 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Literally nobody should expect them too. They were running against 8-9 man fronts. Honestly, probably should have thrown there.
I didn't say otherwise. just made a note.

At some point early in that drive i realized that Andy wasn't interested in scoring another TD; he was burning clock. And once he was in FG range, he was going to run the ball even if BUF put 12 guys in the box. So when he ran it twice into what looked a lot like a GL defense, I didn't care that much.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:44 PM 10-19-2020
Just a couple days ago I said that while I love our air attack offense, I wanted to see us go in and pound the fucking rock down the opponents throat. By god they did just that tonight. Patrick needed a game where he didn't have to scramble around 50 times and try to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:41 AM 10-20-2020
Why did McDermott let Andy know he was changing his D-line
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:45 AM 10-20-2020
Kilgore was abusing people last night. For an "old fuck", he looks pretty damned good.
[Reply]
oldman 11:15 AM 10-20-2020
I think we may have to think about Schwartz being out for a couple games.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:20 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Remmers? He's slow and old. He missed several blocks today as well.

Kilgore and Allegretti looked competent. Let's just hope Rankins is ready after the Bye.
Rankin at... tackle? That's where he was a disaster for the Texans and why they traded him for Hyde.

Even if Schwartz magically came back 100% healthy next week, I don't think Reid is going to replace Allegretti at LG. He's definitely earned that spot. So unless we're replacing Wylie (who also had a pretty good game) I'm not sure Rankin will get much of a chance unless it's at tackle for an injured Schwartz
[Reply]
Mecca 11:23 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
I think we may have to think about Schwartz being out for a couple games.
You'd think we can beat the Broncos and Jets without him...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:31 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Rankin at... tackle? That's where he was a disaster for the Texans and why they traded him for Hyde.
Left Guard for Rankin.

Remmers started at Left Guard last night and missed several blocks. After the Schwartz injury, Remmers was moved to Right Tackle, where he fared much better than inside but he still lost several blocks.

The guy is a JAG. That's fine and all, because it's dumb to spend draft capital on offensive lineman in which it either turns out great (Dallas) or awful (Chargers, who've been spending draft capital on their line for years on end and STILL don't have an even average line).

Now, the "amazing" Dallas line is injured an aging and haven't won shit since investing in so many first round picks. The Colts have Rivers who so far, has still been Philip Rivers, proving once again that drafting and developing solid offensive lineman is much more complicated than just taking a guy in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft.

Even if Schwartz magically came back 100% healthy next week, I don't think Reid is going to replace Allegretti at LG. He's definitely earned that spot. So unless we're replacing Wylie (who also had a pretty good game) I'm not sure Rankin will get much of a chance unless it's at tackle for an injured Schwartz
I hope Schwartz is healthy enough to return because the Broncos will likely abuse Remmers at right tackle.

But an injured Schwartz might not be much better...
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:40 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Backup interior Oline looks better than starters. At least when run blocking.
Look guys, our backup O-Line has Jake from Bitch Farm's stamp of approval!!!!
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:41 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Left Guard for Rankin.

Remmers started at Left Guard last night and missed several blocks. After the Schwartz injury, Remmers was moved to Right Tackle, where he fared much better than inside but he still lost several blocks.

The guy is a JAG. That's fine and all, because it's dumb to spend draft capital on offensive lineman in which it either turns out great (Dallas) or awful (Chargers, who've been spending draft capital on their line for years on end and STILL don't have an even average line).

Now, the "amazing" Dallas line is injured an aging and haven't won shit since investing in so many first round picks. The Colts have Rivers who so far, has still been Philip Rivers, proving once again that drafting and developing solid offensive lineman is much more complicated than just taking a guy in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft.

I hope Schwartz is healthy enough to return because the Broncos will likely abuse Remmers at right tackle.

But an injured Schwartz might not be much better...
You don't think Reid is going to ride the proverbial hot hand and keep Allegretti in there as our LG?

I know it's only one game, but he got the opportunity and made the most of it. Flashed better than anybody else not named Osemele at the position this season.

I really don't know if I would replace him with Rankin. I think I'd keep going with Allegretti until he shits the bed. If that happens, that is.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:41 AM 10-20-2020
O-Line did do a phenomenal job run blocking, but Bills went with a 'smaller' lineup on the field (their coach even said so afterwards) to have more athletic guys geared towards stopping the Chiefs passing attack. They were willing to take the loss in the run defense. Obviously, I don't think they expected the Chiefs to hang 250 on them, though. They clearly underestimated CEH.

As long as teams continue to drop 8 (hell, sometimes even 9 - see Pats game), the Chiefs will have to use their running game to open up the passing game. They did a pretty good job of that yesterday. They will also need to utilize their RB's more with options, dump offs and screens. Having Bell in the mix (especially as a receiver) will help a lot with that.

If they can continue to be successful running the ball, eventually they'll start getting those shots down the field with Hill again consistently.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:54 AM 10-20-2020
You don't think Reid is going to ride the proverbial hot hand and keep Allegretti in there as our LG?
Oh, I think he will for now, absolutely.

Reid has even stated in the past week or so that Rankin isn't even ready yet, so if Rankin does see playing time, it probably won't be until December at the very earliest, based on his comments.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 01:00 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
OL didn't look quite as good on that last drive, when BUF stacked the box.

But they looked really good the rest of the game.

Allegretti and Kilgore were a big and very peasant surprise. Thinking for myself, Reiter and Wylie shouldn't get their jobs back.

Sidenote: Le'Veon must be absolutely drooling after watching that performance by our OL.
Let's see how that works out going forward. If you stack the box Mahomes might legit throw 10 tds in a game
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:00 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Backup interior Oline looks better than starters. At least when run blocking.
Quit acting like you know anything. You'll be bitching about something really fucking stupid within the week.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up