ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Best video game based movies
Raiderhater 06:41 PM 10-10-2020
I’m sitting here giving Resident Evil a rewatch (Milla Jovavich FTW) and it’s got me thinking about video game based movies that are good, and those that aren’t. RE I consider rather good. Hitman is entertaining. The Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider was only so so, and I haven’t seen the new one. Max Payne was quite disappointing. And from what little I can remember of it, I feel like the Super Mario Bros movie was bad, especially by today’s standards.

Those are a few to get the discussion started. What are the hits and misses in everyone’s opinions?
[Reply]
Fish 08:09 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Not a movie, but the witcher series on Netflix is dope
Pumped for the second season. First one was really great.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:09 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)... come on, man. This scene was one of the best movie depictions of a PFS game ever... Karl Urban? The Rock?!

I’m no critic. I enjoyed this movie, particularly this scene. It was fucking awesome.

Originally Posted by lcarus:
Honestly the best video game movie ever is probably the first Mortal Kombat.

It’s definitely my favorite. I watched it a few weeks ago and had a blast. The 90s CGI and cheese are absolutely atrocious but still so fun.

Originally Posted by Fish:
I never played WoW either. Thought the movie was pretty lousy. The orcs seemed way more powerful than the humans and should have just stomped them. It was a bit confusing, not knowing anything about the game.

I read the Warcraft novelization prior to watching the film so I get them confused, but in either the book or the movie one of the orcs picks up a horse and just hucks it during one of their first encounters with humans.

They’re 7 feet tall, strong enough to launch horses, are just as intelligent as humans and can apparently cast magic spells as well. It made no sense to me that they didn’t just annihilate them.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:10 AM 10-19-2020
Mortal Kombat: Legacy
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:55 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Not a movie, but the witcher series on Netflix is dope
TROOF.

Never played the game, and should have watched some videos on WTF was going on, but going in cold it was really fucking good.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:57 PM 10-19-2020
ready player one.
[Reply]
Shoes 01:06 PM 10-19-2020
You guys really gonna disrespect Mario like this?

[Reply]
Shoes 01:08 PM 10-19-2020
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time with Jake Gyllenhaal was not terrible, but I would argue most movie adaptations of video games are pretty brutal.

Thumbs up though to the Witcher series on Netflix, really well done.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:00 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
ready player one.
Agreed. Should count given the wording of the OP.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up