ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>Best video game based movies
Raiderhater 06:41 PM 10-10-2020
I’m sitting here giving Resident Evil a rewatch (Milla Jovavich FTW) and it’s got me thinking about video game based movies that are good, and those that aren’t. RE I consider rather good. Hitman is entertaining. The Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider was only so so, and I haven’t seen the new one. Max Payne was quite disappointing. And from what little I can remember of it, I feel like the Super Mario Bros movie was bad, especially by today’s standards.

Those are a few to get the discussion started. What are the hits and misses in everyone’s opinions?
[Reply]
hometeam 08:48 PM 10-10-2020
the newest itteration of Tomb Raider,
and RAMPAGE was not half bad either
[Reply]
Buns 10:32 PM 10-10-2020
Scott Pilgrim is a comic movie that watches like a video game movie.
[Reply]
Buns 10:32 PM 10-10-2020
Double Dragon was the shit.

Also, Sonic was hella fun. IMHO
[Reply]
Bump 02:40 AM 10-11-2020
Mortal Kombat was awesome back then

Silent hill was good

Street Fighter with Jean Claude sucked
[Reply]
Fishpicker 04:23 AM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by hometeam:
RAMPAGE
this
[Reply]
Bowser 10:35 AM 10-11-2020
Definitely NOT Doom, lol. I will admit it's a guilty pleasure, though, and Rosamund Pike makes it move.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:02 AM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Definitely NOT Doom, lol. I will admit it's a guilty pleasure, though, and Rosamund Pike makes it move.
If it still moves after Gone Girl, you might have an imbalance of some sort. :-)
[Reply]
JD10367 08:25 PM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Does Tron count?
“Tron” the movie came out before the video game.

Can we count movies ABOUT video games, like “Pixels”, “Ready Player One”, “Wreck-It Ralph”, the “Jumanji” sequel with the Rock, etc.,.?
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:06 PM 10-11-2020
Teen Wolf. I loved playing double dribble when I was a kid.
[Reply]
Fish 10:46 PM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
:-)... come on, man. This scene was one of the best movie depictions of a PFS game ever... Karl Urban? The Rock?!

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:08 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Buns:
Scott Pilgrim is a comic movie that watches like a video game movie.
They made it pretty cool video game based on the movie after it came out as well.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:24 PM 10-12-2020
Warcraft wasn't terrible all things considered, and actually stuck close to the source material too.
[Reply]
Pants 03:28 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Warcraft wasn't terrible all things considered, and actually stuck close to the source material too.
I do not understand why it did so abysmally in the theaters.

My dad has never played a single second of any of the WoW universe games and enjoyed the movie with me quite a bit.
[Reply]
Fish 03:59 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I do not understand why it did so abysmally in the theaters.

My dad has never played a single second of any of the WoW universe games and enjoyed the movie with me quite a bit.
I never played WoW either. Thought the movie was pretty lousy. The orcs seemed way more powerful than the humans and should have just stomped them. It was a bit confusing, not knowing anything about the game. The CGI was too cartoony.
[Reply]
Sorce 03:31 PM 10-15-2020
I think wreck it ralph is in a grey area, it's based on two fake games with a bunch of references to real games.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up