ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Media Center>Early-mid 90s music suggestions
GayFrogs 01:20 PM 09-12-2020
Any 90s kids who find themselves coming back to this music all the time like I do? This thread is just to list albums that aren't incredibly famous like Dirt, Nevermind, Ten, etc...I want to find more obscure gems from this era. Any suggestions?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:20 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
One of my favorite acoustic versions. I remember hearing Superman’s Dead somewhere way before it became a hit. I used to call The Point in St Louis, and go to the places they were giving things away. I always said play OLP Superman’s Dead. Literally took them months before it got played and then worked into rotation. Looking back I probably didn’t have a big impact on it being played in St Louis airways, but maybe I did....
Funny thing, Superman's Dead isn't even one of the best songs on that album. I'll have to dig it out and see if I can find it.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 03:36 PM 10-16-2020
If we're talking about Canadian bands from the 90's. I prefer I Mother Earth to OLP:

[Reply]
Gadzooks 04:10 PM 10-16-2020
I understated my previous post. Listening to OLP is like listening nails against a chalkboard to me. If I never heard them again I would have a happy ending to my life.

I Mother Earth:
- Better songs
- Better singer
- Better guitarist
- Better bassist
- Better drummer

The fact that a few of you guys know who OLP is surprising and disappointing.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:00 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Funny thing, Superman's Dead isn't even one of the best songs on that album. I'll have to dig it out and see if I can find it.
You’re right for sure, just happened to be the only song I had heard from that album until it was released. Think I might have caught the video on that old school video channel (might have even been based in Canada) but don’t remember the name. Wasn’t MTV.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:01 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
I understated my previous post. Listening to OLP is like listening nails against a chalkboard to me. If I never heard them again I would have a happy ending to my life.

I Mother Earth:
- Better songs
- Better singer
- Better guitarist
- Better bassist
- Better drummer

The fact that a few of you guys know who OLP is surprising and disappointing.
You a Nickleback fan??
[Reply]
Gadzooks 05:30 PM 10-16-2020
How dare you sir!

Good day.

I said, good day!
[Reply]
Gadzooks 05:53 PM 10-16-2020
BTW - Coochie,

I thought you would've liked the second song I listed for I Mother Earth.
It's laid back and mellow.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:10 PM 10-16-2020
Local H was / is one of the more under appreciated bands from the 90's.

[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:33 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Totally agree with this...
[Reply]
eDave 11:05 PM 10-16-2020

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:59 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
BTW - Coochie,

I thought you would've liked the second song I listed for I Mother Earth.
It's laid back and mellow.
I was just kidding. Actually never heard that band you mentioned but will def be checking them out.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up