ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why is Robinson playing more than Hardman?
RunKC 05:12 PM 09-11-2020
Someone help me out here. Robinson has hands of stone. He dropped 3 passes by my count last night, including one that hit him right in the face mask.

Robinson played 33 snaps while Hardman played 20.

Just doesn’t make sense to me. Hardman is so much better
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:26 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
By all means keep defending Robinson like people have for 5 years. People are so certain that Robinson is hiding all this talent yet he's had endless chances to take over a big role and never has. More than any other backup we have.

Last year he had 1 good game and fans exploded telling everyone "see, see he's great". Then he disappeared and did jack for the rest of the year. He plays all the time because he can block but never much.

78 rec/ 1000 yrds total in 5 years.

I don't get how people can be so positive that he is just waiting to explode with talent on the field.

I'm not trying to start shit, i just don't get it.
It's not about Robinson, it's about Hardman.

Everything said on here isn't a "defense" and it gets fucking old when all people can do is bitch and moan about a fucking DEFENDING SUPER BOWL TEAM.

If Hardman were getting it done in practice, he'd be playing. If Hardman could prove that he's capable of handling the game plan, he'd be playing.

Hardman is raw, he's not a great blocker, and the coaches put Robinson out there. If Robinson fucking sucks so bad, it shouldn't be that damn hard for Hardman to beat him out, should it?

Yet here we are.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:28 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
No I agree. My definition of good is really when we compare him to the talent above him, so I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. At this point he’s obviously trusted more by coaches who clearly know a hell of a lot more than I do. All I’m saying is that I wonder if it’s more beneficial to try and kick the tires on Hardman and expedite his growth potential, if you will, since I think it’s clear what we have with Robinson. Yes, it’s Hardman’s responsibility to get his stuff together and take the job away from Robinson and he obviously isn’t doing something right.
The problem with just throwing guys into the fire to "learn" is that when things start to break down, they improvise. You don't want guys out there doing whatever and picking up bad habits or worse, blowing an assignment and losing a game.
[Reply]
Oxford 08:39 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The problem with just throwing guys into the fire to "learn" is that when things start to break down, they improvise. You don't want guys out there doing whatever and picking up bad habits or worse, blowing an assignment and losing a game.
First of all, DRob must be on the roster to have his annual 3 TD game against the raiders. But understand that Andy runs a precision offense, timing, release angles etc. So I can see that if DRob shows he can do it, then he plays while Hardman doesnt. You have to earn your coaches trust and playing time. Hardman has much more upside, but the talented ones take longer because they have gotten by on talent for their careers. That is why PMII is so scary, talent, work ethic, coachability, desire to compete, leadership in one package.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:42 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Oxford:
First of all, DRob must be on the roster to have his annual 3 TD game against the raiders. But understand that Andy runs a precision offense, timing, release angles etc. So I can see that if DRob shows he can do it, then he plays while Hardman doesnt. You have to earn your coaches trust and playing time. Hardman has much more upside, but the talented ones take longer because they have gotten by on talent for their careers. That is why PMII is so scary, talent, work ethic, coachability, desire to compete, leadership in one package.
Exactly. That's exactly what Willie Gay was coming out - a guy that excelled in college because of sheer physical talent. Everybody knew he was a project, every scouting report said so. He'll get on the field when he's ready. Hardman will be on the field sooner rather than later too. People need to be patient.

Of course, this is CP. There were people here convinced the team was 1 and done last year at the halfway point.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:45 AM 09-12-2020
Robinsons drops is this years shady's fumbles
[Reply]
crispystl 08:50 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think this is the most likely case.

That's the same thing going on with Gay/Niemann. The Chiefs are playing matchups right now and doing a whole bunch of 4D chess. They're trying to give Niemann some time in the base D, to see if he's worth keeping there; that blocks out Gay's chances in the near term. And right now they're playing Gay behind Wilson anyway.

In dime, Gay wasn't needed. His spot was next to Niemann, but the Chiefs played DOD there all game because he spies Watson really well -- it seems that the only reason we keep DOD on the 53 is because he spies Deshaun Watson once or twice a year.

I never thought about them playing on the same team in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bowser 09:10 AM 09-12-2020
Really, this discussion just shows what an embarrassment of riches we have at wide receiver this year if we're arguing over who should get more playing time between DeMarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman, and don't forget that Mahomes even looked to Byron Pringle in the end zone.

Robinson is clearly the better blocker right now compared to Hardman (that was an amazing block on Roby that sprung Tyreek for 15 that Hardman likely doesn't make, not to mention what he does in the run game), but don't think Andy doesn't have a package featuring Hill, Watkins, and Hardman in his back pocket when the game is close in the fourth quarter.
[Reply]
TRR 09:46 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Really, this discussion just shows what an embarrassment of riches we have at wide receiver this year if we're arguing over who should get more playing time between DeMarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman, and don't forget that Mahomes even looked to Byron Pringle in the end zone.

Robinson is clearly the better blocker right now compared to Hardman (that was an amazing block on Roby that sprung Tyreek for 15 that Hardman likely doesn't make, not to mention what he does in the run game), but don't think Andy doesn't have a package featuring Hill, Watkins, and Hardman in his back pocket when the game is close in the fourth quarter.
That’s a good take. And no knock on Hardman either...he’s made plays when given the opportunity. But it’s easy to forget that Hardman had only 60 receptions in his entire college career, and skipped his senior season. He barely stepped on the field his freshmen year at Georgia. It just takes time.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:29 AM 09-12-2020
The play in the end zone was a heater that Pat threw across his body. Not an easy catch.
Doesn't matter he is an NFL WR, a professional. Do your job !! Should have been caught. With that being said, I still like Robinson.:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:35 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
That’s a good take. And no knock on Hardman either...he’s made plays when given the opportunity. But it’s easy to forget that Hardman had only 60 receptions in his entire college career, and skipped his senior season. He barely stepped on the field his freshmen year at Georgia. It just takes time.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:37 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Not a Robinson fan. He's unreliable.
Get your point, BUT as others have said, DRob is really an effective blocker downfield and far better than Hardman. And now that we have CEH to take some pressure off of Mahomes i.e. to playmaking I don't see DRob going to the bench anytime soon because CEH is just that more productive when the down field blocking is there.:-)
[Reply]
gonefishin53 11:25 AM 09-12-2020
I wonder if Byron Pringle could do both, catch passes and block, if given the opportunity.
[Reply]
jettio 11:36 AM 09-12-2020
Hardman has played coverage on special teams, so he plays physical football for a player his size. But, D-Rob is really good blocker.

I bet the gameplan had more chances for Hardman, but Texans played a novel defense and the adjustments the Chiefs made reduced his chances to play.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:21 PM 09-12-2020
Hardman also looked to run the wrong route - to me - on the bWAR InT by Eric Murray.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:32 PM 09-12-2020
It's not about Robinson, it's about Hardman.

Everything said on here isn't a "defense" and it gets ****ing old when all people can do is bitch and moan about a ****ing DEFENDING SUPER BOWL TEAM.

If Hardman were getting it done in practice, he'd be playing. If Hardman could prove that he's capable of handling the game plan, he'd be playing.

Hardman is raw, he's not a great blocker, and the coaches put Robinson out there. If Robinson ****ing sucks so bad, it shouldn't be that damn hard for Hardman to beat him out, should it?

Yet here we are.
htis man you just had to quote one of the dumbest mother fers on this board when it comes to football takes.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up