ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why is Robinson playing more than Hardman?
RunKC 05:12 PM 09-11-2020
Someone help me out here. Robinson has hands of stone. He dropped 3 passes by my count last night, including one that hit him right in the face mask.

Robinson played 33 snaps while Hardman played 20.

Just doesn’t make sense to me. Hardman is so much better
[Reply]
DRM08 12:10 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I think it had everything to do with the game plan.

Chiefs clearly wanted to establish the run. I mean, Reid ran the ball more than he threw it. We didn't even do that with Matt Moore at QB. I think we are going to run over the Chargers too. Then in week three against the Ravens look out. Reid will open up the playbook and I expect that's when we see Willie Gay out there too.

Fun season.
I would not mind seeing KC run the ball in a big way against Baltimore. Give the Ravens a taste of their own medicine and keep Lamar on the sideline. Of course the goal is to have a fast start and force Baltimore to start throwing it way more often than they prefer.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:26 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I agree with this.

I get that Andy doesn’t want to show his hand and he’s saving plays for later in the year and for the playoffs. But I don’t get why we have a receiver that can go toe to toe with Roberto Duran for hands of stone. We should have let DRob go and put Jody Fortson on the team. Kid was ripping it up last year and this from what I hear.
That would be too unfair. All of sudden the Chiefs have a running game- plus a 7 foot tall guy that looks like a lanky Randy Moss. :-)

On short yardage- Mahomes could take the snap, instantly throw it to Fortson- he is so tall that if he falls fowrard it would be a 1st down.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 01:10 AM 09-12-2020
Why show him a chess move that he doesn’t have to show, unless it’s a question of some kind of nagging pain that we don’t know about.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:56 AM 09-12-2020
Robinson is a better blocker, Hardman is a weapon on special teams, maybe Robinson runs routes better at this point etc
[Reply]
JakeF 02:58 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He dropped 1 TD pass.

The other was a great play by the defender.

But by all means, bitch on.
By all means keep defending Robinson like people have for 5 years. People are so certain that Robinson is hiding all this talent yet he's had endless chances to take over a big role and never has. More than any other backup we have.

Last year he had 1 good game and fans exploded telling everyone "see, see he's great". Then he disappeared and did jack for the rest of the year. He plays all the time because he can block but never much.

78 rec/ 1000 yrds total in 5 years.

I don't get how people can be so positive that he is just waiting to explode with talent on the field.

I'm not trying to start shit, i just don't get it.
[Reply]
eDave 03:37 AM 09-12-2020
I mean, it's just one game. Perhaps we have more talent than required.
[Reply]
alanm 06:12 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Blocking. Robinson is a really good blocker. Hardman not so much
This. End of discussion. Chiefs ran the ball a lot.
[Reply]
TRR 06:27 AM 09-12-2020
Nick Jacobs had a few good thoughts on Hardman vs Robinson. He mentioned how truly green of a WR Mecole is, and called out his inability to get off press coverage last year. When allowed to run free, results were good. When pressed, results varied.

He also stated the narrative should be more about what Mecole isn’t doing to get more reps in game situations.
[Reply]
eDave 06:37 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
Nick Jacobs had a few good thoughts on Hardman vs Robinson. He mentioned how truly green of a WR Mecole is, and called out his inability to get off press coverage last year. When allowed to run free, results were good. When pressed, results varied.

He also stated the narrative should be more about what Mecole isn’t doing to get more reps in game situations.
Well that sucks.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 07:04 AM 09-12-2020

I think there is truth to some of this, but it also needs to be recognized that Robinson is not a good receiver. He lives off of one or two splashy plays a year, and some of those came in preseason in years past. He was not courted in free agency and wound up back in a system he’s familiar with, has had years to refine, and still doesn’t do anything particularly well, except block. Hardman has had difficulty learning the entire route tree, that’s a given considering his role in college, but I think the upside for him is probably greater than what we KNOW it is for Robinson. We’ve been waiting for DRob to have his breakout year for awhile now.

And if we’re being honest, I don’t think any of our receivers are phenomenal at beating really good press coverage. Maybe Watkins and that depends on the press cover corner he’s matched up against. Press coverage is designed to screw up timing and rhythm, which is what this offense is predicated on. The reality is very few d-coordinators in the NFL have the balls to play press coverage against the speed we have.
[Reply]
TRR 07:06 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
I think there is truth to some of this, but it also needs to be recognized that Robinson is not a good receiver. He lives off of one or two splashy plays a year, and some of those came in preseason in years past. He was not courted in free agency and wound up back in a system he’s familiar with, has had years to refine, and still doesn’t do anything particularly well, except block. Hardman has difficulty learning the entire route tree, that’s a given, but I think the upside for him is probably greater than what we KNOW it is for Robinson.
Then why does he continue to get more snaps if he isn’t good? Again, to Nick’s point, it’s more about what Hardman isn’t doing. Otherwise, he would be seeing more snaps than Robinson.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 07:11 AM 09-12-2020
Then why does he continue to get more snaps if he isn’t good? Again, to Nick’s point, it’s more about what Hardman isn’t doing. Otherwise, he would be seeing more snaps than Robinson.
No I agree. My definition of good is really when we compare him to the talent above him, so I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. At this point he’s obviously trusted more by coaches who clearly know a hell of a lot more than I do. All I’m saying is that I wonder if it’s more beneficial to try and kick the tires on Hardman and expedite his growth potential, if you will, since I think it’s clear what we have with Robinson. Yes, it’s Hardman’s responsibility to get his stuff together and take the job away from Robinson and he obviously isn’t doing something right.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:15 AM 09-12-2020
This was Andy's 3rd preseason game look. Very vanilla. He wanted to see what the robinson and the new rookies could do.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:39 AM 09-12-2020
Coverage was mostly zone. Maybe that played into personal packages too.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:47 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
I think there is truth to some of this, but it also needs to be recognized that Robinson is not a good receiver. He lives off of one or two splashy plays a year, and some of those came in preseason in years past. He was not courted in free agency and wound up back in a system he’s familiar with, has had years to refine, and still doesn’t do anything particularly well, except block. Hardman has had difficulty learning the entire route tree, that’s a given considering his role in college, but I think the upside for him is probably greater than what we KNOW it is for Robinson. We’ve been waiting for DRob to have his breakout year for awhile now.

And if we’re being honest, I don’t think any of our receivers are phenomenal at beating really good press coverage. Maybe Watkins and that depends on the press cover corner he’s matched up against. Press coverage is designed to screw up timing and rhythm, which is what this offense is predicated on. The reality is very few d-coordinators in the NFL have the balls to play press coverage against the speed we have.
I don't think people are expecting Drob to break out at this point. He's a role player. Real good blocker and bailout option. At this point the only fixable thing is consistently reliable hands. I imagine we use him more in situations where we want blocking, quick routes, and scramble drills.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up