ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why is Robinson playing more than Hardman?
RunKC 05:12 PM 09-11-2020
Someone help me out here. Robinson has hands of stone. He dropped 3 passes by my count last night, including one that hit him right in the face mask.

Robinson played 33 snaps while Hardman played 20.

Just doesn’t make sense to me. Hardman is so much better
[Reply]
RunKC 06:11 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Robinson is a more physical blocker. And they wanted to run the ball last night.
Which goes back to my point: Tyreek and Hardman are built for the same position.

Tyreek isn’t a great blocker either. He’s just a better version of Hardman so he’s not going to be out there unless Tyreek is hurt.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:12 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Which goes back to my point: Tyreek and Hardman are built for the same position.

Tyreek isn’t a great blocker either. He’s just a better version of Hardman so he’s not going to be out there unless Tyreek is hurt.
Oh they'll be out there together eventually. It just wasn't going to be last night. Andy was keeping his cards really close to the vest.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:14 PM 09-11-2020
He must be running better routes and blocking better. That’s the only good explanation. Sure would love to see Mecole’s speed on the field more often.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:14 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He must be running better routes and blocking better. That’s the only good explanation. Sure would love to see Mecole’s speed on the field more often.
You will when the time comes.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:15 PM 09-11-2020
Oh they'll be out there together eventually. It just wasn't going to be last night. Andy was keeping his cards really close to the vest.
Also agree with this.

This team is so good now you can save the great stuff for the best competition and roll out vanilla gameplans for everyone else.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:16 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Also agree with this.

This team is so good now you can save the great stuff for the best competition and roll out vanilla gameplans for everyone else.
Yep. I fully expect to see some crazy shit against the Ravens. They're going to play the Chargers much like they did the Texans.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:19 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Andy is gonna split everyone wide in the empty formation and 11 personnel when we go to Baltimore. Their pass rush is not that great and Earl Thomas is gone.

I think Andy is going to go buck nasty on those motherfuckers bc that’s a key game for playoff seeding.

Have to agree with everyone that he’s not gonna show his hand until then, especially against a Tyrod Taylor team that we can beat scoring naturally on vanilla plays.
[Reply]
Hoover 06:26 PM 09-11-2020
I think it had everything to do with the game plan.

Chiefs clearly wanted to establish the run. I mean, Reid ran the ball more than he threw it. We didn't even do that with Matt Moore at QB. I think we are going to run over the Chargers too. Then in week three against the Ravens look out. Reid will open up the playbook and I expect that's when we see Willie Gay out there too.

Fun season.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 06:39 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think this is the most likely case.

That's the same thing going on with Gay/Niemann. The Chiefs are playing matchups right now and doing a whole bunch of 4D chess. They're trying to give Niemann some time in the base D, to see if he's worth keeping there; that blocks out Gay's chances in the near term. And right now they're playing Gay behind Wilson anyway.

In dime, Gay wasn't needed. His spot was next to Niemann, but the Chiefs played DOD there all game because he spies Watson really well -- it seems that the only reason we keep DOD on the 53 is because he spies Deshaun Watson once or twice a year.

What Linebacker package shows up next week when we have to contain Tyrod Taylor and Austin Ekeler ?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:32 PM 09-11-2020
It was week one. Play calling was in preseason mode. Also Hardman is still learning. Reid’s offense takes years for WRs to ace.

Reid is a strategic genius. Hardman is going to be a huge part of our late season and playoff push. Why reveal any of that now? We just demolished the 3rd best team in the AFC without even trying.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

It’s a process.

Also other cliches.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:32 PM 09-11-2020
I had/have sky high expectations for Hardman this season. Thought that all he needed to do was tighten up his release a bit and continue improving his route running over the summer. What I saw last night in terms of playing time indicates to me that maybe he didn't get this done during the off-season. It's early though, pretty small sample size. But if it turns into a trend, that's probably why.

And like some other people said, DRob is a really good blocker for a WR.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 PM 09-11-2020
I’m guessing as others have pointed out already, that they’re saving things for future games. I’m sure he will see more time as the season goes on, but he does need to provide better execution as a blocker to get full time snaps.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 11:09 PM 09-11-2020
I said something earlier today when talking about Gay. These guys aren't playing favorites, they're playing 4D chess. Andy is calling plays and using personnel groups against the Texans, thinking about how it's going to impact the Ravens and beyond.

When the running game is working like it was last night, there's no reason to fret about Hardman not playing.

Besides, Robinson really only had 2 egregious drops. People can bitch all they want about that first TD but when a safety has his hand on the ball, in between the WR's hands, it's going to be incomplete 90% of the time. Even Reek drops balls in that situation.

People are awfully quick to forget some of the amazing catches Robinson made last year. In fact, he had one last night that was on his outside shoulder and he stabbed it out of the air perfectly.

The guy isn't trash.
Exactly this. I think there is a reason we heard how great Clyde was looking in camp. Its mostly because the chiefs and Andy want that info out there. Why not hide how good your new running back is? Because if teams have to spend time worrying about the running game too itll open up the offense more. Its a beautiful plan and will hopefully lead to less teams playing two deep all the time.
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:42 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Sorry, but this is just horseshit. Robinson has had 4 years to take over a starting position and he's fucked it up every time. When Robinson first got here our WR corp sucked and he couldn't takeover. When all the injury issues not Robinson still can't get it done.

I think Robinson has 1 good game last year and everyone started talking about what a stud he is. Then he disappeared. Robinson may have blocked well against the Texans but he dropped 2 touchdown passes and a 1st down pass which negates every fucking block he made all game long.
I agree with this.

I get that Andy doesn’t want to show his hand and he’s saving plays for later in the year and for the playoffs. But I don’t get why we have a receiver that can go toe to toe with Roberto Duran for hands of stone. We should have let DRob go and put Jody Fortson on the team. Kid was ripping it up last year and this from what I hear.
[Reply]
tk13 11:49 PM 09-11-2020
I do think Andy holds things back, but honestly I think the biggest thing was we had a huge lead and were trying to establish the run. You can't set it up so every time Hardman's on the field it's a pass or defense will figure that out in 2 seconds.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up