ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 15
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why is Robinson playing more than Hardman?
RunKC 05:12 PM 09-11-2020
Someone help me out here. Robinson has hands of stone. He dropped 3 passes by my count last night, including one that hit him right in the face mask.

Robinson played 33 snaps while Hardman played 20.

Just doesn’t make sense to me. Hardman is so much better
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:20 PM 09-11-2020
I was just thinking of posting this. I’d like to know. We discussed it on our game day zoom meeting.

Okay, we know he’s friends with and in the social click with Mahomes, Dieter etc. He’s big and Fast. But..... he has dropped easy balls his whole time with the Chiefs. Hardman has shown his potential and doesn’t drop the damn ball.

So why is Robinson getting Hardman snaps? Because he’s buddies with Mahomes?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:24 PM 09-11-2020
Blocking. Robinson is a really good blocker. Hardman not so much
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:26 PM 09-11-2020
He dropped 2 and had one knocked out of his hands. The play in the end zone was a heater that Pat threw across his body. Not an easy catch.

Sammy Watkins has the same kind of issues from time to time. Robinson made a couple of nice grabs later in the game.

It was the first game of a season with no OTA's or preseason games.

I think the coaches know what they are doing.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:27 PM 09-11-2020
That has to be 5-6 dropped passes in the last 2 games against the Texans...two for TDs last night.

Luckily it hasn't come back to haunt the Chiefs...yet.

Give Kemp a look vs. the Chargers?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:29 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I was just thinking of posting this. I’d like to know. We discussed it on our game day zoom meeting.

Okay, we know he’s friends with and in the social click with Mahomes, Dieter etc. He’s big and Fast. But..... he has dropped easy balls his whole time with the Chiefs. Hardman has shown his potential and doesn’t drop the damn ball.

So why is Robinson getting Hardman snaps? Because he’s buddies with Mahomes?
Lol no.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 05:29 PM 09-11-2020
Pat loves throwing to him. Always has
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:30 PM 09-11-2020
I would say it says something about the progression of Mecole.

It may also be that they thought they didn’t need him and we’re going to focus on establishing the run, in which case Robinson’s a pretty physical and reliable blocker.

And Reid shows NOTHING when he has a lead. When they were up 24-7 and the running game was working, he probably just too Hardman out of the game plan.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:31 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think the coaches know what they are doing.
In no way was I questioning Coach Reid. Just what the hell are they seeing we are not? Not studying the playbook enough? Effort in practice, runs the wrong routes? What is it?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:32 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
In no way was I questioning Coach Reid. Just what the hell are they seeing we are not? Effort in practice, runs the wrong routes? What is it?
Like DJ said, they were going really vanilla and running the ball. Robinson is a better blocker, it makes sense.

Remember what Hardman did to the Ravens last year? Why show it now?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:33 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol no.
We’re here already. After a SB win and a blowout of a playoff team.

Andy Reid is picking personnel groups based on favoritism and not the guys who give us the best chance of winning. Because he’s not all that competitive or anything.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:35 PM 09-11-2020
I'd rather have the 4th option as a speed guy. Complements Reek being on the field at the same time.

We have better possession options in Kelce and Watkins when they're on the field, so no need for another possession guy like D-Rop, who really isn't one anyway, despite being bigger.

Mecole needs to take that job away.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:37 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol no.
I was being a smartass. If that was true, Dieter would have been starting. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:39 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We’re here already. After a SB win and a blowout of a playoff team.

Andy Reid is picking personnel groups based on favoritism and not the guys who give us the best chance of winning. Because he’s not all that competitive or anything.
I said something earlier today when talking about Gay. These guys aren't playing favorites, they're playing 4D chess. Andy is calling plays and using personnel groups against the Texans, thinking about how it's going to impact the Ravens and beyond.

When the running game is working like it was last night, there's no reason to fret about Hardman not playing.

Besides, Robinson really only had 2 egregious drops. People can bitch all they want about that first TD but when a safety has his hand on the ball, in between the WR's hands, it's going to be incomplete 90% of the time. Even Reek drops balls in that situation.

People are awfully quick to forget some of the amazing catches Robinson made last year. In fact, he had one last night that was on his outside shoulder and he stabbed it out of the air perfectly.

The guy isn't trash.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:40 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I would say it says something about the progression of Mecole.

It may also be that they thought they didn’t need him and we’re going to focus on establishing the run, in which case Robinson’s a pretty physical and reliable blocker.

And Reid shows NOTHING when he has a lead. When they were up 24-7 and the running game was working, he probably just too Hardman out of the game plan.
That’s all I can think of. Well that and the fact that Tyreek and Mecole are the same type of receiver in terms of strengths (speed) but naturally Tyreek is better so he’ll get those snaps first.

Nate Taylor said Andy was very vanilla compared to what he’s seen in practice so obviously the fireworks won’t come out until probably Baltimore.

It’s just a shame seeing Robinson over a better receiver, vanilla or not. Hardman is a much better receiver.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 15
1 234511 > Last »
Up