ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Anyone build anything lately
Perineum Ripper 02:21 PM 09-05-2020
Since the world has been going to shit, thought I would see if anyone has built anything recently.

With the upcoming release of the 3000 GPUs, I might have to build one. Wife is also about to start a new business, and we will need a bigger better computer anyway.
[Reply]
Fish 11:52 AM 09-24-2020
8K gaming with the 3090. Holy Christ.

And I love that the first game he tries is Doom...

[Reply]
Pants 11:59 AM 09-24-2020
The whispers for the 3080 have already started in my head.

MUST...

RESIST.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05:18 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Here you go, bud.

[Share > Embed > Copy/Paste into the post] :-)

Sweet, appreciate it
[Reply]
hometeam 08:09 PM 09-24-2020
I have been sitting in a discord for 7 days, trying to cop a 3080 with about 10k other people using it as a launching ground.

This morning, i patiently waitied for 8am and the 3090 launch.. no real intention of purchasing one, but, why not try just as an excercise in this whole meme-filed chase for these godlike GPUS.

And yes. I let me add it to my cart.. the site did not break.. and yes, it let me fill out my info, and the site did not break, and YES I got caught up in the hype and pressed checkout, and the site did not break...

and YES I GOT SO ****ING CAUGHT UP I BOUGHT A 3090!

Oh well. PCMR, boys.
[Reply]
Pants 08:50 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I have been sitting in a discord for 7 days, trying to cop a 3080 with about 10k other people using it as a launching ground.

This morning, i patiently waitied for 8am and the 3090 launch.. no real intention of purchasing one, but, why not try just as an excercise in this whole meme-filed chase for these godlike GPUS.

And yes. I let me add it to my cart.. the site did not break.. and yes, it let me fill out my info, and the site did not break, and YES I got caught up in the hype and pressed checkout, and the site did not break...

Oh well. PCMR, boys.
Congrats on your new baby! PCMR.
[Reply]
Fish 09:32 PM 09-24-2020

Oh well. PCMR, boys.

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:36 AM 09-25-2020

Oh well. PCMR, boys.

[Reply]
vailpass 02:59 PM 09-25-2020

Oh well. PCMR, boys.
Cool. Congrats on the card.

What is a discord?
What is pcmr?
[Reply]
Pants 03:42 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Cool. Congrats on the card.

What is a discord?
What is pcmr?
Discord is an app "for gamers" to talk to each other. Kind of like a super slick forum on your phone (or PC).

PCMR = PC Master Race. You're in it. Congrats. :-)

[Reply]
vailpass 05:30 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Discord is an app "for gamers" to talk to each other. Kind of like a super slick forum on your phone (or PC).

PCMR = PC Master Race. You're in it. Congrats. :-)

:-) Thanks
[Reply]
vailpass 08:49 PM 09-25-2020
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Users Report Crashes & Black Screens During Gaming

NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 3080's launch has been plagued with a range of issues and as per the latest reports, buyers who did manage to get the cards at launch are now facing severe crashes during gaming. The problems have been reported at the majority of forums which include Computerbase, LinusTechTips, OCUK, and even NVIDIA's own forums.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Users Report Crashes & Black Screens During Gaming, Problem Specific To Custom Variants
According to various forum threads, the issue seems to be specific to the custom variants of the GeForce RTX 3080 graphics card. The main issue that is being reported is that the cards crash to the desktop while gaming which is commonly referred to as CTD. Some users have also reported black screens which are commonly associated with CTD's where the driver simply bugs out. There is no official response from NVIDIA or its AIB partners on the matter yet.

Some users have stated that the crash occurs when the card exceeds boost clocks of 2.0 GHz. We also had our Tech Editor, Keith May, face a similar issue with our custom GeForce RTX 3080 variant from Colorful which had to be returned and evaluated by the AIB themselves.

We can't say for sure if the issue has more so to do with the software-side or if the existing clocks speeds are just too high for the RTX 3080 AIBs to handle. We know for a fact that several AIBs were finalizing clock speeds even after the GeForce RTX 3080 was announced and clock speeds for RTX 3080 custom variants were revealed just a few weeks prior to launch. So it could be that AIBs didn't get the time they needed to evaluate the clock speeds extensively. The same is true for the GeForce RTX 3090 and GeForce RTX 3070 custom models since their clock speeds have not been finalized yet either.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-...during-gaming/
[Reply]
hometeam 10:45 PM 09-25-2020
fortunately i didnt go for a zotac or pny. Founder's edition has the 2 MLSS modules, so fully safe to go above 2.0 ghz, which i plan on at least trying.
[Reply]
Fish 11:45 PM 10-19-2020
So, I just recently experienced my first OS install on an NVMe PCIe M.2 drive. Holy shit, that's fast. 2400MB/s read speed. This is crazy.

Only $52 for a 500GB 3rd gen NVME:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086BGWNY8

I've got another M.2 slot on my mobo, I think I might get a 1TB to run games on, because this is just crazy fast.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:29 AM 10-20-2020
Yeah those drives are crazy fast. This is first time I've seen them that cheap though!
[Reply]
BWillie 12:04 AM 10-21-2020
Someone build me a gaming computer on the cheap for my golf simulator. Just need 1080p at 60fps. I will give you free positive rep for as long as u live
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up