ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Daniel Kilgore
Sassy Squatch 08:49 PM 08-20-2020

Former #49ers and #Dolphins C Daniel Kilgore is expected to sign with the #Chiefs, per @TerezPaylor. He started 13 games last season for Miami.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) August 21, 2020

[Reply]
Megatron96 05:17 PM 08-23-2020
Excuse that last sentence. Between quitting smoking which is making me a little testy, and my HOA, which is really starting to tick me off, I'm not my usual sanguine self.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:05 PM 08-23-2020
We signed Pennel pretty late, he’s been a solid DT.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:07 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Was I incorrect?
PFF's "Data" is the same as anyone that watches or records a game on TV.

Their "grades" are given, not by a team's coaching staff but by guys sitting in a basement, with no access to a playbook or each player's assignments, making their "findings" completely irrelevant and arbitrary.

I have no idea why this is so difficult for you to understand.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:15 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
PFF's "Data" is the same as anyone that watches or records a game on TV.

Their "grades" are given, not by a team's coaching staff but by guys sitting in a basement, with no access to a playbook or each player's assignments, making their "findings" completely irrelevant and arbitrary.

I have no idea why this is so difficult for you to grasp.
Dammit Dane, pay attention. I hate repeating myself.

The question I asked is: is it correct or not that PFF gets it data in much the same way that every other sports analyzing group does and then runs that data through their own "metrics analysis algorithm" similar to how other sports analysis groups do? I don't give a rat's ass where they do it, or who the fuck is doing it, JFC. I don't care if they do it in a boat, or if they do it with a stoat. I don't give a shit whether you think they eat cock or rat's asshole, Don.

I'm talking about the structure of their method, you donkey.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:16 PM 08-23-2020
Then they put it through their own 'analysis' or whatever and come to whatever their conclusions are.
Their "conclusions" are absolutely nonsense from amateurs. This is from their website:

https://www.pff.com/pff-data-analysts

FOOTBALL ANALYSTS

PFF is seeking a number of highly enthusiastic and dedicated football fans to join our football analysis team in a part-time capacity. If you’re a passionate follower of football, looking to expand your knowledge of the game and get a foot in the door of the football industry, then you could have what it takes to become a part of PFF.

In working for PFF, you will contribute to the analysis and statistics that make PFF so unique. Data collection can take upwards of 10 hours per game to collect initially and, although this does reduce considerably with experience, it is not for the faint of heart. Producing this data improves your knowledge of the game and puts you in a position to represent PFF across a multitude of platforms as you develop with the company.

The successful candidate must have:

Demonstrable knowledge of the football product and what PFF does
A very high level of enthusiasm and passion for football and Pro Football Focus
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
Ability to meet deadlines
Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and excellent attention to detail
At least 20 hours of free time per week during the football season, including at least 10 hours on Saturday afternoons/evenings or at least 7 hours of free time on Sunday afternoons/evenings.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:16 PM 08-23-2020
Dammit Dane, pay attention. I hate repeating myself.

The question I asked is: is it correct or not that PFF gets it data in much the same way that every other sports analyzing group does and then runs that data through their own "metrics analysis algorithm" similar to how other sports analysis groups do? I don't give a rat's ass where they do it, or who the fuck is doing it, JFC. I don't care if they do it in a boat, or if they do it with a stoat. I don't give a shit whether you think they eat cock or rat's asshole, Don.

I'm talking about the structure of their method, you donkey.
:-)

"metrics analysis algorithm"

It's dudes in their fucking basements. I just posted the job description. It's all arbitrary horseshit.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:50 PM 08-23-2020
:-)

"metrics analysis algorithm"

It's dudes in their ****ing basements. I just posted the job description. It's all arbitrary horseshit.
Finally. So you do agree that fundamentally they operate similarly to pretty much everyone else. Sheesh. That took fucking forever.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:39 PM 08-23-2020
Finally. So you do agree that fundamentally they operate similarly to pretty much everyone else. Sheesh. That took fucking forever.
Oh good fucking grief. Here's PFF in a nutshell and hopefully, you'll FINALLY understand:

---
Teacher: Who is the first President of the United States?

Dane: George Washington

Teacher: I think that's right but I'm not sure, so I'm going to give you C+.
---------

You cannot assign a "Grade" if you don't know the answer to the question.

PFF's "Graders" don't know the answer because they do not know the assignment, making their grades arbitrary and useless.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:57 PM 08-23-2020
Sheesh. That took ****ing forever.
Ohhhhhh you made the mistake of not :-) at the altar of Dane by challenging his opinion and why this was drug out for so long. That's what his extreme narcissism will do to you, because his football opinions are gospel and you never challenge Dane gospel.:-):-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:58 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Ohhhhhh you made the mistake of not :-) at the altar of Dane by challenging his opinion and why this was drug out for so long. That's what his extreme narcissism will do to you, because his football opinions are gospel and you never challenge Dane gospel.:-):-)

[Reply]
Megatron96 08:03 PM 08-23-2020
Oh good ****ing grief. Here's PFF in a nutshell and hopefully, you'll FINALLY understand:

---
Teacher: Who is the first President of the United States?

Dane: George Washington

Teacher: I think that's right but I'm not sure, so I'm going to give you C+.
---------

You cannot assign a "Grade" if you don't know the answer to the question.

PFF's "Graders" don't know the answer because they do not know the assignment, making their grades arbitrary and useless.
Doesn't really have much to do with my original statement, but again I'm glad we came to an agreement overall.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:04 PM 08-23-2020
Doesn't really have much to do with my original statement, but again I'm glad we came to an agreement overall.
Unless you acknowledge that their ratings are arbitrary and worthless, we did not come to any type of agreement.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:10 PM 08-23-2020
we come to agreement.
Yes, again we agree. Great. Carry on.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:12 PM 08-23-2020
Mike Zimmer on PFF:

PFF comes up when I give Zimmer Sirles ranking "I have a hard time with people grading my players who don't know what they're doing."

— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) March 29, 2017

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:20 PM 08-23-2020
Unless you acknowledge that their ratings are arbitrary and worthless, we did not come to any type of agreement.
Yes, again we agree. Great. Carry on.
See what I mean Mega? Look at the bold. Unless you acknowledge !! King Dane always has the last word.:-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up