ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Daniel Kilgore
Sassy Squatch 08:49 PM 08-20-2020

Former #49ers and #Dolphins C Daniel Kilgore is expected to sign with the #Chiefs, per @TerezPaylor. He started 13 games last season for Miami.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) August 21, 2020

[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:49 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Not sure where Mitch is getting that info. Maybe he meant #2 center in the AFC West behind Hudson?

This article has him at 9th in pass blocking, bottom third in run blocking.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensi...020-nfl-season

Reiter overall was graded a 63.0, 2 sacks allowed and 8 penalties.

Kilgore was graded a 66.3, 3 sacks allowed and 4 penalties.

Basically both just middle of the road guys, with Kilgore slightly better in the run game.
PFF tho
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:40 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
PFF tho
Oh I know, I'm not a big PFF guy myself. Only referenced it because of the reply who said Mitch mentioned it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:24 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
PFF tho
PFF is fucking garbage, especially when it comes to offensive lineman because none of their "graders" know the lineman's assignment, so there's absolutely no way they can "judge" pr grade performances.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:06 PM 08-23-2020
Here's the thing: it doesn't really matter whether you use PFF's site/articles/conclusions; it's really just an alternative method of interpreting data. Data that everyone has, and that everyone will interpret however they see fit.

What can't be argued is that Reiter isn't a great run-blocker, but he is better than average as a pass-blocker.

However, Reiter managed to perform adequately throughout the playoffs; not great, but not badly. Good enough to help the team get a SuperBowl win.

But he's been basically a JAG since he became the starting C. I don't think anyone disputes that either.

Kilgore is simply a guy that grades out as a better run-blocker than Reiter. Whether he would actually be a better C is another question. Never watched the guy play so I have no idea.

But it would be nice if the guy at least gave Reiter some serious competition; made him work to be better, wouldn't it?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:29 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Here's the thing: it doesn't really matter whether you use PFF's site/articles/conclusions; it's really just an alternative method of interpreting data. Data that everyone has, and that everyone will interpret however they see fit.

What can't be argued is that Reiter isn't a great run-blocker, but he is better than average as a pass-blocker.

However, Reiter managed to perform adequately throughout the playoffs; not great, but not badly. Good enough to help the team get a SuperBowl win.

But he's been basically a JAG since he became the starting C. I don't think anyone disputes that either.

Kilgore is simply a guy that grades out as a better run-blocker than Reiter. Whether he would actually be a better C is another question. Never watched the guy play so I have no idea.

But it would be nice if the guy at least gave Reiter some serious competition; made him work to be better, wouldn't it?
Exactly. It’s also just nice to have another proven starter in case Reiter goes down. I don’t want to see Mahomes taking snaps from some UDFA who doesn’t even get to play any preseason games this year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:33 PM 08-23-2020
It's a freaking joke that was started by a British guy years and years ago.

No one has a football coaching background - they hire anyone that wants to work for them. I've spoken to several NFL coaches, agents and college coaches that have all said it's a joke, too.

Subscribing for entertainment value is fine but don't try to build an argument for or against a player using their dopey rating system.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:14 PM 08-23-2020

I'd rather we have somebody challenge or depose Andrew Wylie from one of the guard spots, since I don't think we plan on starting anybody else.

People can bang the Martinas Rankin drum all they want, but he was an injury replacement for Wylie last year and only lasted a couple weeks. There's no guarantee he'll be healthy or that Reid will give him the nod as the starter over Wylie.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:19 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No one has a football coaching background
Including you!!:-)

I've spoken to several NFL coaches, agents and college coaches
Sure you have.:-) Your narcissism laced with such pretentiousness is off the scale!!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:24 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Including you!!:-)
You are the epitome of a buttfucking moron.

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Sure you have.:-) Your narcissism laced with such pretentiousness is off the scale!!
Narcissism?

:-)

Where the fuck have you been the past 20 years?

I've shared a MASSIVE amount of info about TV shows, movies, sports and anything entertainment related, all of which was proven to be true.

Oh, that's right: You've spent the overwhelming majority of your time on CP spewing Alex Jones conspiracy theories and other horseshit.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:56 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Is that UDFA Center shining at all in practice?
Have we cut and resigned this future HOF piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:39 PM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'd rather we have somebody challenge or depose Andrew Wylie from one of the guard spots, since I don't think we plan on starting anybody else.

People can bang the Martinas Rankin drum all they want, but he was an injury replacement for Wylie last year and only lasted a couple weeks. There's no guarantee he'll be healthy or that Reid will give him the nod as the starter over Wylie.
Totally agree. Wylie wasn't any better than Reiter, IMO, and I was really hoping Niang would take over at LG before too long.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:28 PM 08-23-2020

No one has a football coaching background - they hire anyone that wants to work for them. I've spoken to several NFL coaches, agents and college coaches that have all said it's a joke, too.

Subscribing for entertainment value is fine but don't try to build an argument for or against a player using their dopey rating system.
Ah, I didn't. I quite clearly stated in my OP in this thread that according to SI and Chiefswire AND PFF . . . in other words, I cited three separate sources which all happened to come to the same conclusion.

Make sense now?
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:29 PM 08-23-2020

Ah, I didn't. I quite clearly stated in my OP in this thread that according to SI and Chiefswire AND PFF . . . in other words, I cited three separate sources which all happened to come to the same conclusion.

And as i recall, it was Chiefsware that referenced PFF, not me.

Make sense now?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:56 PM 08-23-2020
Ah, I didn't. I quite clearly stated in my OP in this thread that according to SI and Chiefswire And as i recall, it was Chiefsware that referenced PFF, not me.

Make sense now?
I was responding to this post of yours:

Most NFL teams have embraced metrics of some sort but only those teams and coaches know exactly how to grade their players because they're the only people that know where each player should be in regards to their assignments on any given play.

The people at PFF have no clue as to each offensive lineman's assignment - they're guessing.

And since they have no idea what each player's assignment is on any given play, their "ratings" are arbitrary and meaningless.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:10 PM 08-23-2020
I was responding to this post of yours:

Most NFL teams have embraced metrics of some sort but only those teams and coaches know exactly how to grade their players because they're the only people that know where each player should be in regards to their assignments on any given play.

The people at PFF have no clue as to each offensive lineman's assignment - they're guessing.

And since they have no idea what each player's assignment is on any given play, their "ratings" are arbitrary and meaningless.
Was I incorrect? I'm pretty sure that PFF uses some kind of in-house algorithm to grade players, right? My point in that particular post was simply that PFF has access to and uses exactly the same raw data as everyone else. They don't make up data. Then they put it through their own 'analysis' or whatever and come to whatever their conclusions are. And most other outlets do exactly the same thing; they collect the data they're interested in and then run it through whatever algorithms they like to use, is that not correct?

Now here's the thing: no one's 'metrics' or algorithms or whatever are 100% accurate because humans invented them. So they're all flawed in some way.

In fact, I don't like depending on just metrics (mathematical constructs) to analyze/judge human performance because I know none of them are 100% reliable. If it were possible, I'd rather have a conclave of NFL position coaches and elite level players at those positions doing the analyzing; I think you'd get a lot closer to the actual truth most of the time.

So my point in that post was simply that PFF is just one of many sources/sites out there in the ether that use some kind of algorithm to come up with their arguments/positions/whatever. Use them or not, they all have access to the same information before they start running it through their computers. We as the consumers have to decide what's valid/relevant or not.

Now do you get what I said?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up