ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Daniel Kilgore
Sassy Squatch 08:49 PM 08-20-2020

Former #49ers and #Dolphins C Daniel Kilgore is expected to sign with the #Chiefs, per @TerezPaylor. He started 13 games last season for Miami.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) August 21, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:26 PM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
So to me if Kilgore can be a stop gap to start the season and eventually give way to him this year and then take over the top backup interior position at guard and center, that’s what they’re seeing as ideal
Kilgore was released by Miami on March 12th.

If Brett Veach planned to replace Reiter this season with anyone other than the 80 players currently signed to the roster, why did he wait until August 20th to sign another center, who by the way, hasn't even signed yet because of COVID?
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:46 PM 08-22-2020
Go ahead and roll around on the ground.

Your argument that they’ve been 12-4 the last two seasons with Reiter at center is not relevant. It doesn’t mean they won’t try to improve the position if they see a guy out there they think might do a better job.

If your argument is that Kilgore is “JAG,” well so is Reiter, even more so actually. If it wasn’t for KC giving him a shot and grooming him he’d probably be out of the league. He also has no contract after this year.

There’s no commitment to him long term so I’m sure they are more than fine with replacing him. Again, all I’m saying is if he’s struggling in camp they will not hesitate to pull the plug.
When has Kilgore ever demonstrated in his career that he's better than Reiter "by a significant margin"?

He may end up being an improvement over Reiter, but if he's a drastic improvement over Reiter, he'll be doing that for the first time in his entire career as a pro.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:56 PM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Kilgore was released by Miami on March 12th.

If Brett Veach planned to replace Reiter this season with anyone other than the 80 players currently signed to the roster, why did he wait until August 20th to sign another center, who by the way, hasn't even signed yet because of COVID?
Not saying he planned it, but Kilgore was obviously dirt cheap at this point and is basically a no risk signing. He’s aging and on his way out of the league and probably feels a little extra motivation. Sometimes those types of guys give you 1-2 really good years at the end of their career.

My bet is Veach will see if there is a short term upgrade there, and if not he can cut him or keep him as the top backup swing G/C. No big deal either way. You always want to create competition for your lowest valued staters. It will make them better or they’ll fizzle out. Reiter will either step up and prove being worth re-signing or prove any veteran off the street can replace him.

No loss no matter what.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:59 PM 08-22-2020
Not saying he planned it, but Kilgore was obviously dirt cheap at this point and is basically a no risk signing. He’s aging and on his way out of the league and probably feels a little extra motivation. Sometimes those types of guys give you 1-2 really good years at the end of their career.
Dirt cheap? Well OF COURSE he's "dirt cheap". There isn't a single team in the NFL that would pay the guy more than Vet Min.

He was cut on the first day of the new league year.

My bet is Veach will see if there is a short term upgrade there, and if not he can cut him or keep him as the top backup swing G/C.
Good grief
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:28 PM 08-22-2020
Dirt cheap? Well OF COURSE he's "dirt cheap". There isn't a single team in the NFL that would pay the guy more than Vet Min.

He was cut on the first day of the new league year.

Good grief
There is nothing unreasonable or slightly off base with my comments.

Have fun being the smartest guy in the room that includes you. There’s no point in trying to have a conversation with you.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:36 PM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
When has Kilgore ever demonstrated in his career that he's better than Reiter "by a significant margin"?

He may end up being an improvement over Reiter, but if he's a drastic improvement over Reiter, he'll be doing that for the first time in his entire career as a pro.
Where did I say he was better by a significant margin?

They are interchangeable for the most part. I haven’t argued that. My only defense has been if Kilgore is JAG, so is Reiter. The only thing I’m debating is that Reiter is some untouchable that Kilgore can’t even challenge. Which is just not the case.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:07 PM 08-22-2020
Where did I say he was better by a significant margin?

They are interchangeable for the most part. I haven’t argued that. My only defense has been if Kilgore is JAG, so is Reiter. The only thing I’m debating is that Reiter is some untouchable that Kilgore can’t even challenge. Which is just not the case.
My bad. I guess you said he was better by a "decent" margin.

Reiter is simply not very good. He got his shit pushed in constantly last year.

I honestly think Kilgore was offered a chance to compete for the starting job. As much as people think Kilgore is just average, he’s still better than Reiter. By a decent margin.

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:17 PM 08-22-2020
There is nothing unreasonable or slightly off base with my comments.

Have fun being the smartest guy in the room that includes you. There’s no point in trying to have a conversation with you.

You learn very quickly grasshoppa!! You can throw RNR in there as well. These two were separated at birth.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:27 PM 08-22-2020
Why don't you prove it, you ****ing quack?

And criticizing a player's game performance on a football forum is the norm, quack.
Yep, more ****ing bullshit from your piehole. This is from 2016, even BEFORE the Chiefs signed Schwartz. I was right about Eric Berry, too, you ****ing twat.
Here's some more, Fake Psychiatrist:

How many more times would you like to shred your stupid ass because I can keep going.
You're a Fake, a Phony and completely and utterly FULL OF SHIT
Somebody is triggered and definitely off their meds.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:31 PM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Somebody is triggered and definitely off their meds.
Quack
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:27 PM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
My bad. I guess you said he was better by a "decent" margin.
Which he is, as proven by every analytics site that exists.

Rieter is garbage. The end. He’s the worst starter on this team. Saying anyone is better than him isn’t some kind of bold statement. Even an average starter on a shitty team can be classified as better.

Does it matter? No. I don’t want to keep fighting about it. If Reiter is our center we win the Super Bowl last year. If Kilgore is we also win the Super Bowl. Who cares?

Everyone just needs to chill. We all got too obsessed with fighting over starting centers. We are the best organization in football now. Our center doesn’t matter.

This is a good thing, not bad.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:37 AM 08-23-2020
Which he is, as proven by every analytics site that exists.

Rieter is garbage. The end. He’s the worst starter on this team. Saying anyone is better than him isn’t some kind of bold statement. Even an average starter on a shitty team can be classified as better.

Does it matter? No. I don’t want to keep fighting about it. If Reiter is our center we win the Super Bowl last year. If Kilgore is we also win the Super Bowl. Who cares?

Everyone just needs to chill. We all got too obsessed with fighting over starting centers. We are the best organization in football now. Our center doesn’t matter.

This is a good thing, not bad.
Haven't read thru this thread but Mitch Holtus was talking about the OL the other day and stated Reiter allowed ZERO sacks and was graded as the #2 center in the NFL behind Rodney Hudson by PFF for 2019
[Reply]
TRR 06:54 AM 08-23-2020
You learn very quickly grasshoppa!! You can throw RNR in there as well. These two were separated at birth.:-)
:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:23 AM 08-23-2020
What do you have against Red Neck Raider?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:18 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Haven't read thru this thread but Mitch Holtus was talking about the OL the other day and stated Reiter allowed ZERO sacks and was graded as the #2 center in the NFL behind Rodney Hudson by PFF for 2019
Not sure where Mitch is getting that info. Maybe he meant #2 center in the AFC West behind Hudson?

This article has him at 9th in pass blocking, bottom third in run blocking.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensi...020-nfl-season

Reiter overall was graded a 63.0, 2 sacks allowed and 8 penalties.

Kilgore was graded a 66.3, 3 sacks allowed and 4 penalties.

Basically both just middle of the road guys, with Kilgore slightly better in the run game.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up