ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Daniel Kilgore
Sassy Squatch 08:49 PM 08-20-2020

Former #49ers and #Dolphins C Daniel Kilgore is expected to sign with the #Chiefs, per @TerezPaylor. He started 13 games last season for Miami.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) August 21, 2020

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:24 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is the same mentality that existed when Pioli signed shit players like Mike Goff. "Pioli was the Executive of the Year!".

:-)
We’re comparing Veach and Reid’s judgement to Pioli’s now?

Ok.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:27 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
We’re comparing Veach and Reid’s judgement to Pioli’s now?

Ok.
No, I'm talking about YOU.

Kilgore is a JAG. He's one of the few centers available on the market right now and the Chiefs signed him so that he can learn the offense, just in case he's needed at some point in the season.

But he's not a Starter, nor is he "high quality". He's just a guy that's played in the league before that knows the drill.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:38 PM 08-21-2020
No, I'm talking about YOU.

Kilgore is a JAG. He's one of the few centers available on the market right now and the Chiefs signed him so that he can learn the offense, just in case he's needed at some point in the season.

But he's not a Starter, nor is he "high quality". He's just a guy that's played in the league before that knows the drill.
All I said was he was a nice addition this late into things and will provide nice depth and competition. I don’t remember saying he was some kind savior.

You’re getting a little riled up over nothing so I think I’ll just move along.

Thanks for the chat.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:49 PM 08-21-2020
All I said was he was a nice addition this late into things and will provide nice depth and competition. I don’t remember saying he was some kind savior.

You’re getting a little riled up over nothing so I think I’ll just move along.

Thanks for the chat.
I'm not "riled" up over your posts or this signing.

He's another in a long line of JAG's that the Chiefs sign every offseason and training camp at an important position that people think will help but inevitably, doesn't.

Again, the man hasn't been on a team with a winning record in 8 years. I think that pretty much says it all for this player and it will suck ass if he actually sees the field.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:53 PM 08-21-2020
In fact, Reuter is probably in the top half of centers in the League. Unfortunately, Hudson and Morse are probably Top 10, with Hudson likely the best.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:10 PM 08-21-2020
According to Chiefswire and PFF and SI, Kilgore grades slightly better in pass-blocking and significantly better at run-blocking than Reiter. Though Reiter graded very poorly at run blocking last year (bottom third), while Kilgore rates as about average. But it could be an improvement from a run-blocking standpoint.

Point being, Reiter was the weakest starting OL we had last season. Especially run-blocking. For perspective, Wylie was rated as a better run-blocker than Reiter last season. And we weren't impressed with Wylie were we?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:14 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
In fact, Reuter is probably in the top half of centers in the League. Unfortunately, Hudson and Morse are probably Top 10, with Hudson likely the best.
Reiter was ranked 9th or 12th. But his run-blocking rank was firmly in the bottom third.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:16 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
According to Chiefswire and PFF
PFF.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:18 PM 08-21-2020
Kilgore or any of the interior guys for that matter dont have to be great just average especially since we have top 10 bookend tackles. This kinda what Andy has always done with the interior with the exception of Hudson for a few years and spending a 2nd on Morse, it's always kinda been a rental position on the interior and it's always worked besides 2014 when we had McGloyn play alot of games and sucked.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:19 PM 08-21-2020
According to Chiefswire and PFF and SI, Kilgore grades slightly better in pass-blocking and significantly better at run-blocking than Reiter. Though Reiter graded very poorly at run blocking last year (bottom third), while Kilgore rates as about average. But it could be an improvement from a run-blocking standpoint.

Point being, Reiter was the weakest starting OL we had last season. Especially run-blocking. For perspective, Wylie was rated as a better run-blocker than Reiter last season. And we weren't impressed with Wylie were we?
Reiter is simply not very good. He got his shit pushed in constantly last year.

I honestly think Kilgore was offered a chance to compete for the starting job. As much as people think Kilgore is just average, he’s still better than Reiter. By a decent margin.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:19 PM 08-21-2020
Reiter was ranked 9th or 12th. But his run-blocking rank was firmly in the bottom third.
The Chiefs had two consecutive 12-4 seasons with Reiter playing the overwhelming majority of games at center the past two seasons, including the playoffs.

If the Chiefs wanted an All Pro at center, they'd have paid Rodney Hudson $9 million per or Mitch Concussion Morse $11 million, which would have meant the Chiefs would have needed to make decisions about Tyreek Hill and other players that weren't necessary by letting Morse walk.

Reiter is fine. He's not great but he's fine and certainly good enough to win a championship with, especially if he's playing next to the same guards for 19 straight games.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:21 PM 08-21-2020
Reiter is simply not very good. He got his shit pushed in constantly last year.

I honestly think Kilgore was offered a chance to compete for the starting job. As much as people think Kilgore is just average, he’s still better than Reiter. By a decent margin.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:34 PM 08-21-2020
The Chiefs had two consecutive 12-4 seasons with Reiter playing the overwhelming majority of games at center the past two seasons, including the playoffs.

If the Chiefs wanted an All Pro at center, they'd have paid Rodney Hudson $9 million per or Mitch Concussion Morse $11 million, which would have meant the Chiefs would have needed to make decisions about Tyreek Hill and other players that weren't necessary by letting Morse walk.

Reiter is fine. He's not great but he's fine and certainly good enough to win a championship with, especially if he's playing next to the same guards for 19 straight games.
Reiter was below average last season, and not great in 2018. That's not in dispute. And the fact that the Chiefs went 12-4 twice in a row with him at C had a lot more to do with Mahomes' elusiveness/pocket presence and Andy Reid's play designs than it does with Reiter's level of play. Again, these are just the facts.

And while it would be nice to have an All-Pro C, I don't think anyone was thinking Kilgore is that guy. I certainly don't. But according to the three sources I looked up Kilgore does grade as a better run-blocker than Reiter, and just as good a pass-blocker. Not sure why you're all pent-up about these facts. But whatever makes you happy, skippy.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:37 PM 08-21-2020
Go ahead and roll around on the ground.

Your argument that they’ve been 12-4 the last two seasons with Reiter at center is not relevant. It doesn’t mean they won’t try to improve the position if they see a guy out there they think might do a better job.

If your argument is that Kilgore is “JAG,” well so is Reiter, even more so actually. If it wasn’t for KC giving him a shot and grooming him he’d probably be out of the league. He also has no contract after this year.

There’s no commitment to him long term so I’m sure they are more than fine with replacing him. Again, all I’m saying is if he’s struggling in camp they will not hesitate to pull the plug.
[Reply]
candyman 06:51 PM 08-21-2020
He's not anything more than a JAG. Never has been, never will be.

Again, it never ceases to amaze me how people on CP defend the signings of over-the-hill nobodies.

This is the same mentality that existed when Pioli signed shit players like Mike Goff. "Pioli was the Executive of the Year!".

Coming from the same guy who thought Mitchell Schwartz wasn't that good. I'll trust Veach's judgement of o-line talent over yours, thanks.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up