ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Daniel Kilgore
Sassy Squatch 08:49 PM 08-20-2020

Former #49ers and #Dolphins C Daniel Kilgore is expected to sign with the #Chiefs, per @TerezPaylor. He started 13 games last season for Miami.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) August 21, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 09:45 AM 08-21-2020

[Reply]
Mecca 09:50 AM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I'm assuming this guy isnt great because hes available right now.
Eh, there are several guys available that will help teams win this year.

Reiter is a good pass blocker, terrible run blocker though. I think this may be more about versatility with guard because Andrew Wylie not good at all and if Kilgore is good enough to push either Reiter or Allegretti over there that's a win.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:01 AM 08-21-2020
Anything that keeps Mahomie upright and clean is a very good thing.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:27 AM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
YOU TAKE THAT BACK ABOUT OUR NEW PRO BOWL CENTER, BITCH!!!
Sorry zaddy
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:47 PM 08-21-2020
Here's to hoping that Kilgore is a dramatic improvement over Rieter at C. And that he stays healthy. Anyone know exactly what his injury was?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:51 PM 08-21-2020
:-)

I'll never understand why CP members go bananas over old, washed up JAG's.
[Reply]
scho63 12:53 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
There is some buzz that Reiter is barely holding off Allegretti.

Kilgore plays center. Chiefs may be concerned about the position.

Pretty surprising development, if true.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Where’d you hear this?
He heard it from the little bumble bee flying around his head.....:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:00 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
We haven't had a real C since Hudson.
I mean, Morse was pretty awesome, even if Chief Fan didn't care for him.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:39 PM 08-21-2020
I don’t see how signing a veteran center who started 13 games last year can be a bad thing.

Between Kilgore, Reiter, Remmers, Osemele, Rankin and Wylie I’m sure we can find 3 solid guys. You hope the young players step up but if not you have veterans who are proven starters.

It would be nice to have 3 All Pro interior lineman but I’m not sure what people expect. We have two tackles making $12M+ per year and are paying massive deals to Pat, Kelce, Hill, Clark, Jones, Hitchens and Mathieu. It’s amazing they have been able to do what they have financially. There are just going to be some positions that have to get by with whatever is left.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:18 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I don’t see how signing a veteran center who started 13 games last year can be a bad thing.

Between Kilgore, Reiter, Remmers, Osemele, Rankin and Wylie I’m sure we can find 3 solid guys. You hope the young players step up but if not you have veterans who are proven starters.

It would be nice to have 3 All Pro interior lineman but I’m not sure what people expect. We have two tackles making $12M+ per year and are paying massive deals to Pat, Kelce, Hill, Clark, Jones, Hitchens and Mathieu. It’s amazing they have been able to do what they have financially. There are just going to be some positions that have to get by with whatever is left.
Osemele was all Pro, I believe.
[Reply]
Blick 02:33 PM 08-21-2020

I fat fingered the thumb down. Meant to thumb up
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:59 PM 08-21-2020
He's 32 years old and started for a 5-11 team. He's the very definition of a JAG and hasn't played for a winning team since 2012.

He'll be 33 years old in-season IF he makes the roster. That's not exactly a recipe for success in 2020.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:13 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He's 32 years old and started for a 5-11 team. He's the very definition of a JAG and hasn't played for a winning team since 2012.

He'll be 33 years old in-season IF he makes the roster. That's not exactly a recipe for success in 2020.
Well the 49ers also reached out to him right before we signed him, so if the GMs of both the Super Bowl teams think he has something to offer, I’ll trust their judgement. He’s also been a starter for the better part of the last 6 years straight when healthy. That’s a little more than JAG.

He’s also started games at guard, so at the very least he’s a versatile interior reserve. Considering we unexpectedly lost two guys inside right as camp was starting I’d say they’ve done pretty well finding decent options to help out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:17 PM 08-21-2020
Well the 49ers also reached out to him right before we signed him, so if the GMs of both the Super Bowl teams think he has something to offer, I’ll trust their judgement. He’s also been a starter for the better part of the last 6 years straight when healthy. That’s a little more than JAG.

He’s also started games at guard, so at the very least he’s a versatile interior reserve. Considering we unexpectedly lost two guys inside right as camp was starting I’d say they’ve done pretty well finding decent options to help out.
He's not anything more than a JAG. Never has been, never will be.

Again, it never ceases to amaze me how people on CP defend the signings of over-the-hill nobodies.

This is the same mentality that existed when Pioli signed shit players like Mike Goff. "Pioli was the Executive of the Year!".

:-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:21 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He's not anything more than a JAG. Never has been, never will be.

Again, it never ceases to amaze me how people on CP defend the signings of over-the-hill nobodies.
Lol, OK.

I think at this point I’ll trust Brett Veach and Andy Reid know what they’re doing.

You carry on with whatever it is you’re going for.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up